GDT: Game 62: Red Wings at avs 9:30 pm et 3/6/24 (TNT, MAX)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (43).png

Screenshot (44).png

Lyon is in net. Gotta do something on the road trip. Let's Go Boys!
DeBrincat-Veleno-Kane
Rasmussen-Compher-Raymond
Kostin-Copp-Sprong
Fabbri-Fischer-Perron
Walman-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Holl
Lyon/Reimer

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I'm not looking at any game on the trip as must win. But you have to come away with the very least three points.

Edit: Scratch that, they can't lose to the friggen Yotes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Ideally, you should at least be able to get points in both games against the Yotes and at least a point in one of the games against Buffalo.

I’m not expecting much from the Colorado game.

What I want to see from our team tonight

1. Defend the slot like lions and better defensive positioning. If they are on the PP and have the puck on the outside, then let them rot there. Cut down the high danger chances from point blank.

2. Joey, we need you to step up here and basically play the hockey of your life. Fly around, win battles on the forecheck, give it to Kane and then give us your best Holmström impression.

3. Be better at defending the points, especially against this team. A pet peeve all season, we are consistently late when an opposing forward just throws it back to the blue line.

4. Gas from start to finish. Everybody is rested. I know it is mile high with the best home record, but the motor has to be humming all throughout. We are still the deeper team.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't like those lines , maybe 4th has something . Always liked Veleno, but not first line center. If Red Wings have some success it will come from fourth line , including Gost and Maatta.

Reactions: theYman

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Welp. Let's friggin go, boys! I'd love nothing more than to see us get the win, but if we escape Colorado with just a point I'll be happy.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
The key is what we do defensively in this game. We cannot be hemmed in our own zone for long periods of time. No odd man rushes especially with MacKinnon and Makar. Solid goaltending. If we play Colorado like we did in Detroit we have a chance. The Wings need to stop the losing streak at 2 games.

Reactions: dj4aces

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Don't like those lines , maybe 4th has something . Always liked Veleno, but not first line center. If Red Wings have some success it will come from fourth line , including Gost and Maatta.
Yeah not sure why Compher isn't on the top line. I thought that's what they went with during Larkin's first absence and it seemed to work. Looks like Kostin's back in. That's a good thing. We needed to get tougher the last few games. Need to play tighter and as a cohesive unit.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah not sure why Compher isn't on the top line. I thought that's what they went with during Larkin's first absence and it seemed to work. Looks like Kostin's back in. That's a good thing. We needed to get tougher the last few games. Need to play tighter and as a cohesive unit.
If Veleno experiment is success, then keep him there and have Compher with Larkin and Raymond

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"60 miles West of the city of Denver is the highest point of the Continental Divide - Gray's Peak - atop the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Any water that finds itself on the West half of the Great Divide ends up, of course, in the Pacific Ocean, and on the East, the Atlantic. But the only divide the Red Wings are concerned with tonight is the dividing line between teams that make the playoffs and teams that do not. Even with their captain out of the line up for the next few games they need to make sure that every possible point that falls ends up flowing into their ocean, and not their opponents'."

- Plausible Keats

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Annunen has gotten 2 bacck to back shutouts so im hoping the Avs give us Georgiev who usually allows like 4 goals minimum lol

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We might be playing the most defensively defensive game you'll ever see in this game lmao. Only Kane will be cherry picking, everyone else will be dumping it out of the zone asap.

Great, so it'll be like watching Kane play with 11 LGDs and 6 Ericssons. I think Sprong will probably cherry pick as well.

I love the fact that Kostin and Perron had to be split apart because they're too slow to be on one line. I hate agreeing with NorrisNick, but freakin' just call up Burger already. If Kostin doesn't earn his play while DBoss is out, I'm almost certain he gets bought out this summer.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Great, so it'll be like watching Kane play with 11 LGDs and 6 Ericssons. I think Sprong will probably cherry pick as well.

I love the fact that Kostin and Perron had to be split apart because they're too slow to be on one line. I hate agreeing with NorrisNick, but freakin' just call up Burger already. If Kostin doesn't earn his play while DBoss is out, I'm almost certain he gets bought out this summer.
yeah, but lgd could at least be great at defending. Sprong will definitely be cherry picking too. At least the two cherry pickers know how to shoot lmao.

I am just at a point where I don't see the need for kostin or holl on this team. It is perplexing only because they are extra players healthy scratched. Which is fine and all, but when they don't get rotated in (kind of like Lalonde semi said he would do, at least with holl/maatta/petry) they are not up to game speed when they come in to play, so of course they are not going to be the best or mid best player on the ice. So i get why people don't like those two that much, but we have callups in case of injuries for D and F at this point. It's the trade deadline, just get them out of here for their own sake I guess.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm trying to watch Laughs v Sabres on Max. Their live streaming is trash just like Peacock. Non-stop buffering. Looking like I will need to sail the seven seas tonight.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

We would all be so lucky. Also,
IMG_0063.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Gniwder
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
so whats the gameplan on the road against the Avs without Larkin?

try not to lose 7-1?

I wish I could be more optimistic, but I have a hard time envisioning any scenario where we get 2 points tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad