GDT: Game #62: Blackhawks @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Yuck that was just embarrassing. 4 PP goals!! is just horrible, a really poor showing by just about everyone and then in the intermission we have a segment about Bedard! Come on Yotes wake up and stop pissing all your fans off.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Crouse needs to play pissed off.

He does when the rest of the team is energetic. Kind of ironic considering that Crouse was a captain of several of his junior squads and was largely depicted as a strong leader type, but with the Coyotes he seems to heat and cool based on the rest of the team's temperature.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I understand they’re regular people like everyone else, but is it too much to ask for millionaire athletes to just be focused and bring it on ALMOST a nightly basis at least. Arena talk…lose focus and suck…trade deadline approaching…lose focus and suck. It’s crazy. It’ll never happen but I would love to see a modern coach take the Herb Brooks approach and get the team to simultaneously love him and hate him. Hold them so accountable that half the time they hate you, but also have no choice but to respect you. Obviously not focused the first period of a game and stink it up…benched the next period.
You’re talking about Torts. Wanted him instead of RT.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That has to be the worst loss of the season. I hope Coach T calls it what it was - a steaming pile of horse shit.
I have tickets to 2 more games… they are going up for sale tonight.
Its very hard to be a Coyotes fan.
Sheesh.
Had six “there like clockwork” sth’s within arms length of our seats as no shows last night…. You’re not alone!

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not a fun game at all.

Can’t win a board battle.

Can’t stay out of the box.

Can’t keep from putting too many out.

Can’t keep leagues worst pp from scoring.

I’m thinking the boys thought they had this one in the bag before the puck even dropped.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
what % blkhwk fans u think ?
Harder to tell than usual because they were quieter last night. Student section nearly all Hawk fans, I’d say close to 50% of the arena was Hawk fans.

I also edited my post, because there were probably more sth’s behind me that didn’t show.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'm ready to move on from Crouse and Schmaltz.
Not sure why anyone would be giving 110%, its another losing season with no playoffs, nothing to play for, it's human nature. Crouse/Schmaltz/Keller has seen this sh-t show before. One of the repercussions of wasting the first year to 18 months of the rebuild.....I expect most vets will be mailing it in the rest of the way now.

Reactions: LittlePipes

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Not sure why anyone would be giving 110%, its another losing season with no playoffs, nothing to play for, it's human nature. Crouse/Schmaltz/Keller has seen this sh-t show before. One of the repercussions of wasting the first year to 18 months of the rebuild.....I expect most vets will be mailing it in the rest of the way now.

If that's the case, trade them. Get them the f*** off this team.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Supposably, Crouse wanted to be a 30g scorer...he is now around 20 games to get 10 more. Seems like there would be personal milestones to chase after even if there aren't team ones.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Supposably, Crouse wanted to be a 30g scorer...he is now around 20 games to get 10 more. Seems like there would be personal milestones to chase after even if there aren't team ones.
he’s to slow and out of shape. it looks to me like he gets gassed earlier than other guys on his shift.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Any player not giving their all because the season isn't going the way they wanted needs to take some responsibility and have some pride.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm still not ready to give up on Crouse, but Schmaltz I'm pretty done with and have been for a while. And I'd be willing to entertain offers for Keller too, but only if we can get a super huge haul for him.
You guys are done with Schmaltz, yet Hayton is and has been crap and you guys love him. Schmaltz may be soft, but he has talent, something we are in desperate need of, and which Hayton has demonstrated he has little. I thought Schmaltz was gone last year because of his contract, not his play.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You guys are done with Schmaltz, yet Hayton is and has been crap and you guys love him. Schmaltz may be soft, but he has talent, something we are in desperate need of, and which Hayton has demonstrated he has little. I thought Schmaltz was gone last year because of his contract, not his play.

First of all, I didn't say anything about Hayton. If you'd like me to, I'll say that the kid has a shot at being a decent 3rd line center, but I don't think that's the game that Chayka envisaged when he drafted him. I definitely think that he's movable as a trade piece if we are in line for some appealing assets.

As for Schmaltz, he's showing why Chicago was so willing to cut bait with him - his talent, which I agree with you can be electrifying at times, is fully subordinated to his lack of drive. To say he's streaky understates things a whole hell of a lot. What good is talent if you can't depend on it appearing with any regularity? "Oh look, Nick decided to play skillfully today!" we all say, as he dangles his way to a goal and an assist in another loss. Add to that, he's on the wrong side of his 20s, whereas Hayton is still only 23 years old. At Schmaltz's age, what you see is what you get. There is no improving from this point on, and in a couple of years what he has will start to diminish due to age.

Schmaltz's talent would be key for a team way further along on the rebuild timeline than we are. For us, it's a somewhat unexpected surprise when it shows up, but the times when it arrives in a game-changing fashion are sadly too few and far between to justify his salary and term.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If that's the case, trade them. Get them the f*** off this team.
It's human nature and is has to be getting old for Crouse/Keller/Schmaltz. They know it doesn't matter. I am not saying they are dogging it, just not giving 110% on every shift. I'm not even saying the team has quit on Bear. Look at our PK last night, you have to all out hustle, be mentally engaged, block shots, dive after the puck, to be successful. The Pk is a good example of what I am saying.

It is what it is and pretty normal, I wouldn't read too much into it as far as players go.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
First of all, I didn't say anything about Hayton. If you'd like me to, I'll say that the kid has a shot at being a decent 3rd line center, but I don't think that's the game that Chayka envisaged when he drafted him. I definitely think that he's movable as a trade piece if we are in line for some appealing assets.

As for Schmaltz, he's showing why Chicago was so willing to cut bait with him - his talent, which I agree with you can be electrifying at times, is fully subordinated to his lack of drive. To say he's streaky understates things a whole hell of a lot. What good is talent if you can't depend on it appearing with any regularity? "Oh look, Nick decided to play skillfully today!" we all say, as he dangles his way to a goal and an assist in another loss. Add to that, he's on the wrong side of his 20s, whereas Hayton is still only 23 years old. At Schmaltz's age, what you see is what you get. There is no improving from this point on, and in a couple of years what he has will start to diminish due to age.

Schmaltz's talent would be key for a team way further along on the rebuild timeline than we are. For us, it's a somewhat unexpected surprise when it shows up, but the times when it arrives in a game-changing fashion are sadly too few and far between to justify his salary and term.
How do you trade Schmaltz with that contract?

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Hayton still has a shot at being a 2C, he is still young and we have no C talent, he might be our best shot still at an all around C, and just came off an injury, Jakey doen't like him because of his lack of points. The problem with Schmaltz and Hayton both is that they are being asked to play up higher on lines then their talent level dictates. We only have one first line forward in Keller. We have no 1C/1RW/1D/2D, maybe not even a 2C at this point. That forces almost every player except Keller to play up too far in the line up.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's human nature and is has to be getting old for Crouse/Keller/Schmaltz. They know it doesn't matter. I am not saying they are dogging it, just not giving 110% on every shift. I'm not even saying the team has quit on Bear. Look at our PK last night, you have to all out hustle, be mentally engaged, block shots, dive after the puck, to be successful. The Pk is a good example of what I am saying.

It is what it is and pretty normal, I wouldn't read too much into it as far as players go.
Maybe someone should give the Hawks that memo. They got slammed the night before and came in a kicked our ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad