GDT: Game 61 Stars 7:30pm

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
Eklund was hurting for a long time in that shift, he was right in front of the shot. Hopefully he’s okay.

Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Well, seems like they have had a few mentally exhausting losses lately so the fight very well should be gone. Losing out is a real possibility

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Some not so great goals allowed, but the three goals against shouldn’t have been given a chance.

Goal 1 - Smith has the puck with no pressure and just loses it directly to a Star for the quick re-entry to a hot player with a strong quick shot. Dribbles through.

Goal 2 - definitely want KK better positioned but Hoffman has the puck cleanly and decided to just put a low effort rim around the glass directly to the Stars D.

Goal 3 - Eklund makes a great play at the blue line to prevent an entry, and Kunin just whacks the puck down the ice for an unforced icing. To cap that off, Ferraro can’t follow his man allowing Stank to be way too open on the rebound off the end boards. Can’t blame KK, he attacks the original shot and has a strong push across.

All three plays are players making poor plays that for any other player they wouldn’t be scratched instantly.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That was a masterclass in tanking. We have zero real NHL defensemen.

A masterclass would've lost in regulation. This is like finding out that someone hired the 3rd best cover band of your favorite musical act to play your birthday because the 2nd best cover band expected to be provided lunch as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Chinaski89

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
it's kinda sad in the Stars GDT they are celebrating a "great comeback" instead of shitting bricks that Ottinger just gave up 6 goals on 20 shots to the Sharks
If my team had Stankoven, Harley, and Johnston in addition to Heiskanen, Hintz, and Robertson, I’d give my goalie a pass too.

Reactions: DG93

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
it's kinda sad in the Stars GDT they are celebrating a "great comeback" instead of shitting bricks that Ottinger just gave up 6 goals on 20 shots to the Sharks
I would too if I was them. Dallas defense left him out to dry for most of those early goals and they could have easily mailed it in. They adjusted, played better hockey and deserved to win.

Reactions: JeffP

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Goal 1 - Smith has the puck with no pressure and just loses it directly to a Star for the quick re-entry to a hot player with a strong quick shot. Dribbles through.
This alone is denial. No NHL goalie gets a pass on this goal.

The second goal rolled up his blocker and down his back. Again, no NHL goalie gets a pass on this one either.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
This alone is denial. No NHL goalie gets a pass on this goal.

The second goal rolled up his blocker and down his back. Again, no NHL goalie gets a pass on this one either.
Denial of what? He should have made the save on both the first and second. Expecting him to save the third is just ridiculous.

However, I would suggest that a bigger issue than your goalie who has played most of the season extremely well, are the skaters in front of him that couldn't complete plays that even the average beer league level players can complete.

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
I don't know why everyone is upset. Chicago won. Sharks provided an interesting game to watch and gave the game away. We're now tied but with 2 games in hand. However, Chicago has a tiebreaker with more ROW.

The only way it could have been better is if they had lost in regulation.

Long term gain > short term pain

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Denial of what? He should have made the save on both the first and second. Expecting him to save the third is just ridiculous.

However, I would suggest that a bigger issue than your goalie who has played most of the season extremely well, are the skaters in front of him that couldn't complete plays that even the average beer league level players can complete.
None of them are good but the problem with KK is there seems to be no in between. When he’s good he’s borderline unstoppable but when he’s bad he’s a trainwreck. He’s given up 30 goals in his last 6 games. It’s the 15th time he’s given up 4 or more in a game and weirdly the three games with the most shots against weren’t any of em.

I’ve come to the conclusion he’s not a good goalie. Like at all, but he’ll have the occasional gem of a game like against Winnipeg which suddenly makes you think differently about him. The game was well in hand and he was the primary factor as to why this game was lost.

Reactions: Melek Taus

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Ironically after my post about being a bad luck charm for teams even when they’re trying to tank, I fell asleep during the intermission and this happened. I’m sorry everyone.

I really hope we get Celebrini, this season might be rock bottom for this franchise and we need some hope. I like and understand what Grier did this season and I think injuries are a huge reason this team is THIS bad, but man, I agree with Sheng and Keegan’s last podcast in that the roster needs to be constructed in a slightly different way next year. These losses are brutal.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Ironically after my post about being a bad luck charm for teams even when they’re trying to tank, I fell asleep during the intermission and this happened. I’m sorry everyone.

I really hope we get Celebrini, this season might be rock bottom for this franchise and we need some hope. I like and understand what Grier did this season and I think injuries are a huge reason this team is THIS bad, but man, I agree with Sheng and Keegan’s last podcast in that the roster needs to be constructed in a slightly different way next year. These losses are brutal.
I don't really know how you could construct this team in a way that would be significally better in any way

Reactions: Shark Finn and DG93

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3