GDT: Game #60 - Oilers@Bruins - 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Bit confused on why they waived Gagner when there is room in the press box. Just saving a couple of bucks via running a smaller roster? Or somehow more flexibility to make a trade with him down/claimed? Feeling dumb today so help me out.

Its just that they decided we have too many right-handed centers right now, theres a glut of good faceoff% C’s on the roster.

Its unfortunate that we had to waive one of the most productive guys on the roster in terms of EV Points per 60, who was one of the best F’s on the team las game, BUT thats the price you have to pay to clear space and free up the logjam of Right-Handed C’s with over 60% on the dot.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Gags has been one of the best players on our team in several games this season, which is ABSURD for an old guy who only has 20-some GP this season. You couple that with the fact that most of our bottom 6 has been miserable offensively, (invisible 90% of the time) and its a F'n joke that Gags is the one who keeps getting scratched and waived.

Gags also leads the team in faceoff % and is a RHC. WTF?

Nonsense.
Lol. He's taken 23 faceoffs, man. Likely all low leverage situations. I like Samwise and agree he should get more games, but he's not all of the sudden some Faceoff guru.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I like Samwise and think he should be playing more, but trying to claim he's a strong faceoff man/RHC is a bit of a stretch for a guy with a career 45% faceoff percentage.

I think it’s been a hard slog for Gags, trying to win faceoffs against Getzlaf and Thornton as a rookie/sophomore, and lately dealing with major injuries. But the last time he was relatively healthy he was leading the Red Wings in PKtoi and doing like 46 or 47 on the dot. PK faceoffs are tough slog. I think if you just want a guy to win some random 5v5 ES draws on the right side, a healthy Gags can do yeomans work.

Reactions: bone

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
lol you always always cuz always.

Your claim that pickard had mostly easy starts was wrong.

You don't even realize within that Pickard lost two games to undeniably the best team in the East, and the team that had gone all the way to the cup and are in top on East this season. your claim that Pickard faced some different Florida teams is reaching. Should impress you (but doesn't) that Pickard is 8-1 in the rest of his starts. Nah, thats not even worth mentioning I guess. Speaking of logic or coloring

In anycase Florida was 2nd in East and 3rd in East the times Pickard faced them rendering that point null and void anyway. look who's coloring. Florida are a top team and have been all season. What point were you even trying to make there?

The only loss Pickard has had since the Florida games is against Minny who seem to have our number a lot of the time. Even with that he's on a 7-1 heater. Not too shabby. you think he'd get the modicum of respect for it.

What ever delusions you need, Pickard not better than Skinner. Your attitude is a perfect shot goes in on Skinner it’s 100% his Fault, for Pickard it’s an unstoppable shot and not his fault etc…

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We all know why. Just add Gretzky 10 time at the top of all of these lists if you go beyond 1990.
The list was adjusted to 1990. It's not meant to make Mario look good. It meant to make McDavid look good lol

Reactions: bone

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What ever delusions you need, Pickard not better than Skinner. Your attitude is a perfect shot goes in on Skinner it’s 100% his Fault, for Pickard it’s an unstoppable shot and not his fault etc…
"Delusions" "hate'' etc. The responses of those with no response.

I'm not the one spouting these derisive platitudes. To do that when you've just been proven wrong is special.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
"Delusions" "hate'' etc. The responses of those with no response.

I'm not the one spouting these derisive platitudes. To do that when you've just been proven wrong is special.
I haven’t been proven wrong of anything here, Pickard is still below .900 in 7 of his 11 starts and is a decent back up at best. And a lot of those starts are against lottery teams.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I haven’t been proven wrong of anything here, Pickard is still below .900 in 7 of his 11 starts and is a decent back up at best. And a lot of those starts are against lottery teams.
You were wrong saying most of his starts have been against weak clubs. You could own that, i doubt you will. No, you're doubling down after already being corrected on it multiple times.

But your take on the Florida games tells me all I need to know.

But your hanging onto the 7/11 thing is humorous when Pickard is .909 with 2.40 GAA. hang on any point I guess. lol

Heres an alternate stat to consider. in 12 games Pickard has allowed more than 3 goals ONLY against Florida. This is generally a giving your team a chance to win glance and the Oilers HAVE won 8/9 of those games. Several of the games where Pickard was the slightest bit under .900 he played well.

Alternately Skinner has let in 4 or more goals in a full dozen of his games this season. Thats problematic. Inconvenient point I realize.

Last edited:

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
You were wrong saying most of his starts have been against weak clubs. You could own that, i doubt you will. No, you're doubling down after already being corrected on it multiple times.

But your take on the Florida games tells me all I need to know.

But your hanging onto the 7/11 thing is humorous when Pickard is .909 with 2.40 GAA. hang on any point I guess. lol

Heres an alternate stat to consider. in 12 games Pickard has allowed more than 3 goals ONLY against Florida. This is generally a giving your team a chance to win glance and the Oilers HAVE won 8/9 of those games. Several of the games where Pickard was the slightest bit under .900 he played well.

Alternately Skinner has let in 4 or more goals in a full dozen of his games this season. Thats problematic. Inconvenient point I realize.
Corrected on what? ANA 2X, MIN, PIT, CHI, NJD 2X for seven of his 11 starts were against bad teams. and in seven of those 11 he was Below .900, FLA was not 1st in the EC when Pickard played then but he lost both games anyway.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I was watching 2022 playoff highlights last night and man was Kane a beast. Goal scoring aside, he looked 10 times faster than he is now, which made the team so much more dangerous on the forecheck. Aging curve hits power forwards earlier than most, he’s definitely lost a step, but man was he a beast that first year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Corrected on what? ANA 2X, MIN, PIT, CHI, NJD 2X for seven of his 11 starts were against bad teams. and in seven of those 11 he was Below .900, FLA was not 1st in the EC when Pickard played then but he lost both games anyway.
2against Florida, Game against Carolina, Detroit, Dallas. Thats already 5 clubs that are not "bad teams". Those are some of the top clubs in the league this season. additionally both times Pickard faced NJ they were considered a team that would make playoffs and were barely out of them. They were one of the higher scoring clubs in the league. In fact the Devils were not in a playoff spot at the time due to having lost both games due to Pickard and the Oilers. That was the margin.

In anycase its fiction that Pickard has had any easier schedule. I know you want to think so.

Still doubling down on your bolded point, that you think is a point to make. Florida was a top team in the East in playoffs and have been this season. That you want to hang on whether they were a few pts out is bizarre. Florida are the top team in the league in pts and W % and Pickard had to play that team (same team, same roster) both dates. Skinner didn't get either, good thing..

Last edited:

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
I was watching 2022 playoff highlights last night and man was Kane a beast. Goal scoring aside, he looked 10 times faster than he is now, which made the team so much more dangerous on the forecheck. Aging curve hits power forwards earlier than most, he’s definitely lost a step, but man was he a beast that first year.
Oh brother lol he will be the same this Playoffs. He didn't lose a step lol when he wants to play he can reach same level. Playoffs bring out best in him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad