GDT: Game #60 - Oilers@Bruins - 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Doesn’t make a ton of sense. It’s not like the PK has got it done lately either. After the deadline, Brown shouldn’t be in the lineup anymore. But realistically he probably will be because the team hasn’t wanted to hurt his feelings all year.

I would of liked to see Pickard too. When he plays well, he never gets another follow up game.

I don’t if I blame Knoblauch. Roster decisions have always been suspect on this team.
Our PK hasn’t been getting it done lately so we should make it worse?

Reactions: Vagabond

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thanks! Getting out of the shower and drying off is definitely awful. I'm managing though. It's just too bad I had to get a replacement order this late in the winter. Life happens I guess.
Sorry to hear about it. Recommendation is make sure interior temp stays above or at least around 10C without which pipes close to exterior walls can risk freezing. If in doubt get an adequate supply of water, fill sinks and everything and turn off water at main.

In the meantime throw the oven on and use some space heaters if you got em.

Strange that its so long to wait to get a Furnace replaced. We got ours next day when we had the problem. Maybe phone around.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Connor Brown is just a plot because I have to have something to complain about. Especially with Yamanothing gone.

I’m ok with Skinner getting the game as he’s the clear #1. Pickard will probably get Pittsburgh again and perhaps Columbus.
honestly think Pickard would be better in this specific game.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Didn't Skinner cost us the game against Boston the last time? Why not try Pickard this time around?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
RIP my home's furnace. :( Haven't had heat in my place for a couple days and won't get an installation till tomorrow. An Oilers win would warm my heart up though! Should be a fun one to watch. An early start time is welcome too.
Hopefully you don't wind up like this guy.

1709664851149.png

• Haha
Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Doesn’t make a ton of sense. It’s not like the PK has got it done lately either. After the deadline, Brown shouldn’t be in the lineup anymore. But realistically he probably will be because the team hasn’t wanted to hurt his feelings all year.

I would of liked to see Pickard too. When he plays well, he never gets another follow up game.

I don’t if I blame Knoblauch. Roster decisions have always been suspect on this team.
Yeah. this. What kind of team concept is it that when Gagner plays well he's HS the next game. When Pickard is excellent he doesn't see the next game, and never does, and hasn't one time.

I grew up on you go with the hot goalie. Most teams still do this.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yeah. this. What kind of team concept is it that when Gagner plays well he's HS the next game. When Pickard is excellent he doesn't see the next game, and never does, and hasn't one time.

I grew up on you go with the hot goalie. Most teams still do this.
Sure, but Skinner was stellar against Seattle, so I think both goalies qualify as hot right now.

We lost in OT.
Ah. Conveniently shut that part out of my brain, I guess.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sure, but Skinner was stellar against Seattle, so I think both goalies qualify as hot right now.
The thing is Pickard has played well almost every game. He hasn't had a 2nd start in a row yet. He's very serviceable. I kept hearing limited sample and that Pickard is somehow no good. He's been dispelling that everytime out. We should be giving our number 1 some rest down the stretch. Why would the org not be doing that? Seemed to me we were playing Skinner too much down the stretch and headed into playoffs last season.

That said with all the B2B still remaining Pickard gets at least 4 starts I would think guaranteed. should be twice that imo.

Reactions: ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wow Gags on waivers is beyond stupid. Unbelievable.
Just saw that on Oilers site as well.

The org just trolling me again at this point. haha. Gagner breathed life into out bottomsix the last game, gets rewarded by his draft team sending him to the AHL again. What if he gets picked up?

Sam should be Sam Brown. That would change everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad