Half-Assed GDT: Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
When Sharks fans come over, and appear to be sincere, is it really necessary to be a **** to them?

I have no problem with it. Which you can see by my post.

However I am not sure how "sincere" it is to claim you didn't see or hear about any dirty hits in the series. That is kind of asking for it IMO.

It would be like going to the Hawk forums and say "I know our players don't get involved with legal trouble off the ice this season. but..."

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
When Sharks fans come over, and appear to be sincere, is it really necessary to be a **** to them?

+1. But I do get the frustration on behalf of some Blues fans. The wounds are still fresh.
The old "atta boy...you did good even in defeat" seems patronizing even if that wasn't intended. It would be like getting dumped by a beautiful, intelligent girlfriend and your friend saying, "it happens...but there are plenty of fish in the sea". That may be true...but you still want to tell him to "shut up and **** off".

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
+1. But I do get the frustration on behalf of some Blues fans. The wounds are still fresh.
The old "atta boy...you did good even in defeat" seems patronizing even if that wasn't intended. It would be like getting dumped by a beautiful, intelligent girlfriend and your friend saying, "it happens...but there are plenty of fish in the sea". That may be true...but you still want to tell him to "shut up and **** off".

Exactly. Except using your example, it's like you get dumped by a beautiful, intelligent girlfriend and then SHE tells you your a good guy/"it's not you it's her"/there are plenty of other fish in the sea. It is the morning after the biggest loss for our franchise in 15 years...and with some idiots like the one above posting here, I think all things considered we are being pretty cool about things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have no problem with it. Which you can see by my post.

However I am not sure how "sincere" it is to claim you didn't see or hear about any dirty hits in the series. That is kind of asking for it IMO.

It would be like going to the Hawk forums and say "I know our players don't get involved with legal trouble off the ice this season. but..."

Dude whether you believe me or not I don't really care but I'm not gonna deny what you guys are saying about what the Sharks players did but I just didn't hear the commentators say anything about that stuff or show it which made it stand out to me. What game was the Thornton punch on Pietrangelo and Burns punch on Tarasenko? If it was last night, I have no idea how I missed it. I probably did see it and I'm assuming that NBC must have shown that stuff a few times that you guys got a good look at it but CBC was pretty **** at showing that stuff so that's why I'm saying I didn't see it or at the very least don't remember it. I'll definitely say that Polak was an idiot for the **** he did to Jaskin and there was a few scrums here and there that I can kinda remember but again nothing major that stood out to me based on what I was shown by CBC. Honestly, I apologize if some of you guys see it as me claiming that none of that stuff happened and being ignorant to any bull**** our guys did but that was definitely not my intention when I came in here. I came to say good series and that I don't think you guys are a dirty team and that you guys deserve to win it very soon.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Hey guys Sharks fan here coming in peace. Honestly man I have a lot of respect for your whole team and I was really happy with how clean both teams kept it considering the dirtiest thing I saw was Backes tugging on Thornton's beard and Thornton deciding to do the same right back to him hahaha. Even that I wouldn't consider dirty at all. I can't remember which game it was and I believe it was Backes though who was gonna collide knee on knee with Hertl. They even showed a replay highlighting how Backes made sure to get out of the way mentioning how part of the reason they thought Backes got out of the way was because he was aware of Hertl's past knee injury which honestly just shows how classy Backes can be even if he is that kind of tough, hard nosed grinder that you hate playing against. He earned a lot of respect from me for that.

But all that aside I just have to say that I have a lot of respect for your team as a whole and you guys were the one team in the West that I was afraid of running into because I knew how good your team was defensively and just overall and that you guys were just as desperate as our guys to exorcise those demons and finally go all the way. If the Sharks had been eliminated you were the only team in the West I would have liked to see go all the way and I think you guys will soon. I honestly think that your management would be wise to keep that core together. Great series guys, hope we meet again soon because that was a fun series that definitely had my heart racing, especially those last 5 minutes because if we gave up that lead and lost I probably would have cried lol.

I hope the Sharks win in an anticlimactic sweep. It will show that the series that just ended was the real SCF.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I hope the Sharks win in an anticlimactic sweep. It will show that the series that just ended was the real SCF.

I hope so too. This series was definitely a great series and you guys definitely had me going. I think you guys too could have taken the Penguins or Lightning in the finals. I kinda question Hitchcock a bit though with how many times he switched between Elliott and Allen though, I think that definitely made it tough on Elliott to keep a good rhythm going and I don't think game 2 or 3 were really his fault at all that he had to be taken out.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I hope so too. This series was definitely a great series and you guys definitely had me going. I think you guys too could have taken the Penguins or Lightning in the finals. I kinda question Hitchcock a bit though with how many times he switched between Elliott and Allen though, I think that definitely made it tough on Elliott to keep a good rhythm going and I don't think game 2 or 3 were really his fault at all that he had to be taken out.

The Blues' tank was empty, and he was trying to give them a mental recharge. It worked for a game. I also think they could have easily won Game 5 with a little better decision-making in a couple instances. But the fact that those errors occurred reflects the fatigue. I don't pin the series on the goaltending. I'm glad Elliott was in the net for the last game, he deserved that chance.

Allen is probably the goalie of the future for this organization.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
At least part of the reason for The Blues losing this series was fatigue and wear-and-tear minor injuries from playing 2 7-games series beforehand. The other part of the reason may be that The Sharks have a little too much speed for The Blues to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad