Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 - Leafs @ Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Honestly Panthers and Caps haven't even looked that good in their series. Caps always choke and Panthers always get off to slow starts.

Leafs would take em out with ease.

Truthfully, I don't think any team has looked better than the Leafs in these playoffs aside from the Avs.

Reactions: Mopar

Northofyu

Nov 12, 2018
I 3rd or whatever #, the idea of Simmonds over Kase.

& to be honest, feel a bit like the cowardly lion before tonight! :)

please win, please win!

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Honestly Panthers and Caps haven't even looked that good in their series. Caps always choke and Panthers always get off to slow starts.

Truthfully, I don't think any team has looked better than the Leafs in these playoffs aside from the Avs.
None of this matters if we don't win a 4th game. But I do agree with you.

Reactions: willmma

Mopar

May 3, 2021

Agreed. The only team that scares me more than Tampa in these playoffs is the Avs.

I think if we close this out, we're Cup Final bound!

My stomach has been in knots all day. Let's get this done tonight!

Go Leafs Go!

• Haha
Reactions: Zacman

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
If we look back on Series clinching games of the past, we were chasing the game in almost every single game.

2021- MTL games 5 and 6 we had to battle from behind, and 7 we were down from the get go.

2020- CBJ game 5 we fell behind and never recovered

2019 - BOS we scored the first goal in game 6 I believe and then chased it thereafter, game 7 I want to say we took the lead into the 3rd and choked

2018- BOS no show in game 7

We really have to take control of this game from the opening faceoff. Weather the storm early, and then pedal to the f***ing metal thereafter. We're gunna need a full 60 minute effort from each and everyone of our guys, and we need Soupy to be better than Vasy.

I want this group to overcome their demons so badly. I just hope they have it in them tonight.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It would be great if they could come out and be the aggressor for a change instead of starting on their heels.
That's what really did them in against the Habs last year. Absolutely horrible starts in those games 5 and 6.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Agreed. The only team that scares me more than Tampa in these playoffs is the Avs.

Go Leafs Go!
I agree, sort of. The teams I considered to be our toughest opponents were the Avs and TB. But TB didn't even scare me really TBH, I just respect them as being a very good team whereas the Avs, yeah they're maybe a bit scary but that's not until the finals so no need to think that far ahead.

People have been saying for years now that we just need get over this hump, get that monkey off our back and so on and then we'll just roll roll roll but realistically, there's no basis for this whatsoever. No matter who we face the next round or the round after that, they will be a very good team and the fact that we have a long history of playoff failures isn't going to help us one bit once the puck is dropped.

I do like this team though and if I have to pick one team right now to take the East, it's us. GLG!!

Reactions: Mopar

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Panthers comeback last night was impressive. They might have figured it out.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
OT: I'm of a certain vintage now,, but when I was young it was emblazoned on me that soccer players were tough! You get up! I was a MUCH better soccer player than hockey player, that's true. But it's so sad to see these pathetic fakers in all sports. I'd rather cut off my left ear than fake pain.
If you watch an English game from 50 years ago, they kick the crap out of each other with hardly any yellow cards and the players get up as if nothing happened. Night and day compared to today's game.

Flopping, play-acting and crazy tantrums in all sports have increased in proportion to increases in money and exposure. It'll only get worse.
Can anybody create a GDT?
Even I did one. This place has zero standards.

Reactions: BigBlu

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"And before the sixth game, the hockey gods proclaimed 'May the stars shine tonight'. And Auston, Mitch and Jack replied 'Okay, then.' "

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: SwissLeaf

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Panthers comeback last night was impressive. They might have figured it out.

Their defense and goaltending is still a complete mess, and honestly, they likely would have been eliminated by now if it wasn't for Verhaeghe up front.

How much crap would a guy like Huberdeau be getting here right now if he only had 3 points in 5 games, especially when putting up points is what he does? Look at all the crap JT was getting after only putting up 2 points in 4 games and he at least was winning draws and board battles at a ridiculous rate and was doing a fairly good job at shutting down Tampa's top line at ES.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Their defense and goaltending is still a complete mess, and honestly, they likely would have been eliminated by now if it wasn't for Verhaeghe up front.

How much crap would a guy like Huberdeau be getting here right now if he only had 3 points in 5 games, especially when putting up points is what he does? Look at all the crap JT was getting after only putting up 2 points in 4 games and he at least was winning draws and board battles at a ridiculous rate and was doing a fairly good job at shutting down Tampa's top line at ES.

No doubt their D is very suspect but it was all year and they still won with overwhelming offense. I'm not sure I'd count on them choking.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
I hope we start on time. Last time we were in this building we got blown out early. Have to keep it competitive early to give ourselves a chance.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Not cheering for injuries but a huge hit on Stamkos or Kucherov will quiet this building fast. We can't rely on powerplays in this building. That's why we HAVE to stay out of the box as much as we can. Control what we can control.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
If you watch an English game from 50 years ago, they kick the crap out of each other with hardly any yellow cards and the players get up as if nothing happened. Night and day compared to today's game.

Flopping, play-acting and crazy tantrums in all sports have increased in proportion to increases in money and exposure. It'll only get worse.

The salaries are coincidental. I think there are bigger societal reasons for the increased flopping around.

I hope we start on time. Last time we were in this building we got blown out early. Have to keep it competitive early to give ourselves a chance.

And they started late the next game too.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

Go Leafs Go!
You should be scared of Carolina and Florida. Two teams that are built to shut down offence. And in Florida's case...match offence while they do it.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Today is the day....... At some point the chain breaks, the wind shifts

It will be 20 years since we won a round.
F U Sami Kapanen for not staying down
FU Roenick

FU every non believer... Today is the day

I wrote that poem all on my own

I will forgive Keefe all his faults..... I'll even get Dubas poster(if that's still a thing)

Just win mofos......Just win
Was it ever a thing lol

Reactions: fahad203

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
You should be scared of Carolina and Florida. Two teams that are built to shut down offence. And in Florida's case...match offence while they do it.
Florida doesn't shut down shit.

And we smacked up Carolina this year

Reactions: bax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad