Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 - Leafs @ Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Two things I am hoping for: 1) A lot of 5 on 5 hockey so 2) We can get into a rhythm and play balls-to-the-wall hockey. Just take it to them. Even if we don't win game 6 (which,of course,I'm hoping we do) we'll wear them down in case there is a game 7. No free passes tonight.

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
Matthews and marner are invisible. Tavares is the worst contract. Nylander just coasts. Rielly, Muzzin, Brodie are lame. Holl sucks ass. Campbell cannot stop a beach ball. Mikheyev and Engvall are useless and kerfoot was the worst trade in leafs history. Kampf is just LOL. Giordano what a freakin waste of 2nd round picks

Leafs gonna get caved in.

;)
Well done.
Game 7 here we come
;)

Reactions: PromisedLand

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Not too phased by any of this. I have seen a championship run in Toronto already. Now game 6 of the NBA finals in 2019, that's when my stomach was in knots. This is nothing compared to that.

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
First goal will be critical as always. Please for the love of god start on time..... none of this down 2, 5 mins. into first.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
If Tampa Bay prevails as expected, at least we have game 7 on home ice, which is what this team fought very hard for all season.
I agree with this, what a treat it would be for the home fans, to drag in the carcass of the Lightning and finish them off in front of the........no wait, to hell with that idea. Come out of the gate on fire, lean on them early and hard, knock them onto their collective asses and don't let them up. Everybody gets involved, and stays involved until the final horn.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We don’t always have to do things the hard way so let’s just win tonight.
If we play like we did 2nd and 3rd period of Game 5, there isn’t an NHL team that we couldn’t/shouldn’t beat.

Reactions: Buds17

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Two things I am hoping for: 1) A lot of 5 on 5 hockey so 2) We can get into a rhythm and play balls-to-the-wall hockey. Just take it to them. Even if we don't win game 6 (which,of course,I'm hoping we do) we'll wear them down in case there is a game 7. No free passes tonight.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Jack needs to show up tonight he can't be letting in 2 goals on 4 shots or 3 goals on 6 shots early he can't be putting the team in a hole not tonight.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
The leafs have been clearly the better team in the series through 5 games. They deserve to finish this one off and dispel the demons of playoffs past.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
This might be the year since I haven't really watched many Leafs games or followed closely in the last 3years or so lol. I don't mind Florida in the 2nd round and after that we shall meet the Avs in the finals.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Do the hardest work in the beginning of the game and try to land the TKO early and give yourself all the margin. Let the speed grind them down and take away their resolve to defend their title. They have two cups. Maybe they get the doubt and want to regroup over the summer. Don’t respect them. We don’t want this series to go back to Toronto. We don’t want home ice. Finish it off tonight.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Do the hardest work in the beginning of the game and try to land the TKO early and give yourself all the margin. Let the speed grind them down and take away their resolve to defend their title. They have two cups. Maybe they get the doubt and want to regroup over the summer. Don’t respect them. We don’t want this series to go back to Toronto. We don’t want home ice. Finish it off tonight.

Doesn't that drive you nuts? Show up at the start of the game boys... please. Don't take your foot off the gas.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Took 9 long years to get from the 2004 second round exit to get back to the playoffs in 2013. And another 9 years to get to this point. Finish the job and go for that cup.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It would be great if they could come out and be the aggressor for a change instead of starting on their heels.

Reactions: LeafSteel and IPS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad