GDT: Game 6: Golden Knights vs Buffalo | 7:00 | ATTSN SN360 | KRLV

Who wins tonight's game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
There was a post game event at the Orleans last night (and I think they'll do it more often throughout the season) and all the local press that aren't doing TV/Radio post game get together to do a radio show on KSHP. Negreanu was there, and I imagine a few of the other local celebs will make appearances. It's just a chill thing with appetizers and drinks at the Irish Pub, but it's a cool post-win nightcap.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Couple other things I just thought of...

Sat upper level, Section 207, Row F, seats 15 and 16, on the aisle. This was between the blue line and face-off circle. Fine overheadish view of the ice, and I wouldn't hesitate to sit in these very same seats for any game. Not so far from the ice as one might think, as T-Mobile is built more "uppish" than "outish."

After the game, escalators were really backed up. Quicker and easier to take the stairs down.

T-Mobile workers I encountered were all super friendly, giving high-fives to folks leaving the game. Beer vendor in our section was a hoot!

Also, very cool that there were so many spontaneous chants of "Go Knights Go!" among the crowd leaving the arena postgame.

That is all. :)

Reactions: hangman005

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I had a great time at the game. We tailgated pre and post game in the NYNY garage Floor 6. People were stopping and complimenting us coming in and out of the game. Hahaha

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Concessions upstairs along the sides leave a lot to be desired and the restrooms could use a little expanding.

Since we've been there a few times and are comfortable with the place, we went out and did some exploring at the first intermission. There's some pretty great food options downstairs, and tbh they make the overpriced crap food in the upstairs concessions seem a little crazy. Food is fairly reasonably priced for what looks like decent quality fare. Plus, we found the bar downstairs where they'll squeeze lime into a cup for your and pour tour Jalisco beer into the cup. Makes it great.

$14 for a tallboy is a little crazy, but I totally get that they're trying to regulate intake as well as make money.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Great write-up, Nevada Jones.

I have to disagree with one thing, however:

The whole Excalibur sword-in-stone thingy before the game was, as expected, kinda hokey and melodramatic. But I liked it! And so did most of the rest of the crowd

I thought the Excalibur sword-in-the-stone thing reminded me of the Stonehenge scene from "This is Spinal Tap":

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
How Ship play?

I was at the game on Sunday (Ship's first) and I watched him on TV last night.

Ship is still adapting to the NHL game. Sometimes he was present and sometimes he was playing soft. He is not a Malkin-type who would go into the corners or apply some of the body. He has not gone into beast-mode, yet.

He might be a legit sniper, but time will tell. He's got to muck it up a little more; otherwise, he'll just need to wait for the perfect pass or errant puck that goes his way to make a great play.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
pretty great game. glad they could get the win after blowing the 3 goal lead. arena was super packed. had to wait in line to get some merchandise :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad