Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
AVbeautiful.gif

Reactions: HanSolo

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Missed the 2nd period and the first 10 minutes of the third as I had to go shopping, Knights need to pick it up in the 3rd periods no way we should have allowed them to tie it up.... but what a beauty of a snipe by Perron, glad to see this team go 5-1-0

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Missed the 2nd period and the first 10 minutes of the third as I had to go shopping, Knights need to pick it up in the 3rd periods no way we should have allowed them to tie it up.... but what a beauty of a snipe by Perron, glad to see this team go 5-1-0
19 shots against in one period just can't happen. Though it's not unheard of I guess. Anaheim was being outshot in their loss to Colorado 30-9 after two periods.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
19 shots against in one period just can't happen. Though it's not unheard of I guess. Anaheim was being outshot in their loss to Colorado 30-9 after two periods.

I agree, they need to work on their 3rd periods, this game and the detroit game, we seem to get too complacent and give the other team every opportunity to have there way with us.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Hey guys!! Just wanted to pop in and say awesome start! I really like the way your team plays, and you are a great story in the NHL. Also, classy move in the home opener in light of the tragedy in Vegas, can't wait to come see a live game this year.

Cheers!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You Jinxed it you mean lol.
Three points is three points, whether it's in regulation or OT, is no loss (when against a team from the other conference where the wild card position isn't even affected).

I thought Buffalo would be hard to beat tonight, and their 19 shots in the third atests to it.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I'm just going to say that that game was complete torture. As someone who has been a Sabres fan since the 1970s and now a Knights season ticket holder, I am glad I only have to go through this 2 times a year and only one here. Those of you who grew up as Western Conference fans and have 3 to 5 of these games every year, good luck!

Reactions: BattleBorn

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Attended the game. My first VGK.

Yeah, baby!!!

Not so smart as many posters here, so I won't evaluate the play in the game, but here are my other impressions.

Great atmosphere and energy at The Park pregame. And so many places to play VGK themed cornhole. (I lived in Indiana many years, so this was a sweet shock!) Also, The Park looks great as the lights come on. Bliss Dance sculpture very cool. And she has a very Kardashian butt. :laugh:

Many more Sabres fans than I expected. Saw them both at MGM Grand and NYNY hours before puck drop.

The whole Excalibur sword-in-stone thingy before the game was, as expected, kinda hokey and melodramatic. But I liked it! And so did most of the rest of the crowd.

Crowd was maybe more reactive than proactive, but when VGK scored was so loud I could barely hear the goal horn and never did hear the goal song. Maybe my poorish hearing?

I liked the whole castle, Knight Line (drums) component. Wish I could have heard the drums more often and better...again, maybe just my hearing not so good as used to be.

Whoever controls the cameras that show folks in the crowd on the big screen has a clear fascination for both cute babies and cute ladies. Same three young blondes wearing their pink VGK shirts showed up at least three times. :)

Summing up: just a great atmosphere all around and an especially exciting finish to this game!

VGK all day!

Reactions: Bart9349

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The sound is hit or miss. The horn and song was louder at this last game, but the drums and pregame music were more quiet than usual. They're still trying to figure it all out, I think.

The pink girls were there with Daniel Negreanu, so I think they were using them to let him sneak into the shot. They definitely hang out with the cameras downstairs, though.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad