GDT: Game #6: Columbus Blue Jackets @ YOUR MN WILD- Tuesday, 1/29/13 @ 7:00 pm CST

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Oh lawd.

73483010152467811585223.jpg

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I was at the game...a couple thoughts:

Fans were nervous (so was I) and you could tell...place was dead quiet until we got that first goal. People want this team to succeed sooo badly and understandably they are a little scared.

Brodin made me say wow more than a few times...the little things he does are incredible. He did have a couple errors but the best part was how he recovered from them. When he had that turnover in front of our net he made a play to knock the puck away from the BJ player. Unbelievable poise for a teenager.

Suter played much much better. Gilbert as well. In fact, I think the entire defense core played a really great all around game.

That second line....I think needs to be changed. PMB and Granlund got stuck in the d zone for over a minute and that's what led to their first goal...they just aren't physical enough. I'm not sure who or what I would change to...but Granlund really did have a poor game.

Finally, stop taking 3rd period penalties. Had a great time at the game though. Hoping for another W tomorrow.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Seriously, when i was explaining Brodin to my friends I'd always jokingly call him the next Lidstrom. I'm not saying he's going to be an all-time great like that but man he's going to be special. Playing so well at 19 years old.

Billy Mays Here*

Anyone else starting to think maybe Granlund should be sent down to Houston for a while? He's just not cutting it with the team and hasn't looked very good at all these last few games. I'm almost at the point of saying I'd rather have Cullen centering that second line with Butch and Seto.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Anyone else starting to think maybe Granlund should be sent down to Houston for a while? He's just not cutting it with the team and hasn't looked very good at all these last few games. I'm almost at the point of saying I'd rather have Cullen centering that second line with Butch and Seto.

I'm in that camp now. I've been fighting it but at the very least maybe tried at wing, but he's not playing well right now and we need production out of that line. Im not sure how his confidence would fair but I'm also not sure how being man-handled every night is treating his ego either.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
He looks so mean in that pic. This is what happens when you start living the hard life as a member of the Minnesota Wild. Before, he looked like the happiest kid in a candy store.

2011-Upper-Deck-NHL-Draft-Pierre-Marc-Bouchard1.jpg

Now, he looks like he's spent a few years behind bars. :sarcasm:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
He looks so mean in that pic. This is what happens when you start living the hard life as a member of the Minnesota Wild. Before, he looked like the happiest kid in a candy store.

2011-Upper-Deck-NHL-Draft-Pierre-Marc-Bouchard1.jpg

Now, he looks like he's spent a few years behind bars. :sarcasm:

Wow the green looks so weird on that jersey.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I also went to the game. Here are random things I noticed.

1) Powe, yes Powe, showed a good game.
2) Suter/Brodin was magical.
3) Brodin makes the right decision 99.99% of the time
4) Our first line is just beast. Defenders don't know whether to go after Parise or watch Heatley drift into shooting position, which has allowed Koivu some room. :bow:
5) Granlund needs to be moved to wing.
6) Gilbert looked like the player at the end of the season last year. All over the ice, rushing. Good for BNTG.
7) Cullen and Seto had a few chances. Looked better.
8) Backes is really letting those pucks bounce.
9)Second line is....facepalm. Woof. :facepalm:

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
I'd like to see Granlund sent to the A, Brodziak as the 2nd line center and Cullen as the 3rd line center

Billy Mays Here*

I also went to the game. Here are random things I noticed.

1) Powe, yes Powe, showed a good game.
2) Suter/Brodin was magical.
3) Brodin makes the right decision 99.99% of the time
4) Our first line is just beast. Defenders don't know whether to go after Parise or watch Heatley drift into shooting position, which has allowed Koivu some room. :bow:
5) Granlund needs to be moved to wing.
6) Gilbert looked like the player at the end of the season last year. All over the ice, rushing. Good for BNTG.
7) Cullen and Seto had a few chances. Looked better.
8) Backes is really letting those pucks bounce.
9)Second line is....facepalm. Woof. :facepalm:

We got David Backes now? Yes!! Yes!! Oh it's a dream come true. Put him on the 2nd center line now!!

pbunder

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
Was at the game last night. can't ignore 15 dollar tickets.

- 1st line should never ever ever be broken up. Too unstoppable. I joked with my friend that the other 3 lines were there to give the koivu line a breather in between shifts
- You could tell Yeo has more confidence in Brodziak's line than Granlunds. Granlund's was just stuck in the D zone over and over.
-Brodin was so effing fast and exactly what suter needs as a d partner. I also think gilbert pairs well with stoner.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im not a pmb fan however congrats on his 100th career goal. glad we got the win , i wish it was a more dominating performance. hopefully we're saving our best for the hawks. cheers go wild!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad