GDT: Game 6: Columbus at Montreal | 10/17 7:30PM EDT

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Unfortunately for people who know me, I am generally right alot and I let people know about it.

Uh huh, right. Your chicken little routine is pretty well known around here.

Sucked to lose tonight, but good to see some secondary scoring. Once Gabby comes back, and hopefully when Horton gets inserted into the lineup, we can get on a roll. Only 6 games in, it's a very long season ahead of us.

Wiz does annoy the **** out of me. We all knew it when he signed the contract that he wouldn't be worth the money, but I expected better than this.

I thought Murray played his best game as a pro, which I've thought the past 3 games I've seen, so that's a good thing. Johansen is just SO CLOSE to being that player we need, still needs to figure it out a little bit more, how to generate offense in the scheme of a cycle/play.

Onto the next team.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
So I just walked right passed Marion Gaborik after the game tonight. Told him we could have used him. My hands are still shaking from this experience...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Uh huh, right. Your chicken little routine is pretty well known around here.

You must be mistaking me for someone. I'm generally quite level headed. However, I did say Im tired of this season in the last GDT, but that's fairly minimal compared to some here.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Quick summary please?

- Didn't start the game on time. Slow start, dug ourselves a big hole.
- Too many passengers.
- Yes, Boone took another step but also made his share of mistakes.
- We were terrible in our own end.
- Cam should have shot.
- Made two mistakes on the final goal, then "he just threw it at the net" (translation: Bob should have stopped that)

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I had a post in the barrel to respond to that person but canned it... thanks for doing it for me...

But remember, I'm usually right and everyone knows it.... lol :sarcasm:

You should read the post a wee bit closer.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
- Didn't start the game on time. Slow start, dug ourselves a big hole.
- Too many passengers.
- Yes, Boone took another step but also made his share of mistakes.
- We were terrible in our own end.
- Cam should have shot.
- Made two mistakes on the final goal, then "he just threw it at the net" (translation: Bob should have stopped that)

This is spot on. Especially about Boone. I remember middle of the third he had a very very risky NZ turnover to Markov trying to spring someone.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
The reason it became a 3 on 2 against so quick was not because they were tired - you don't need more than 30 seconds rest to skate up the ice once - but because 3 Jackets went to the net. It was just a missed assignment. Maybe thats coaching, I don't know, but its not because they were tired.

And that missed assignment couldn't be do to fatigue? As with anything, there is more than one factor in anything. I'm not saying it was the single factor in what lost the games. That would be ridiculous. I'm saying it was a poor decision. They weren't the only line playing well, so it doesn't make sense not to put out a fresh line when there's a minute left in a tie game, especially when they've been on the ice for over a minute, we came back from 3-0, and we lost the prior two and could have used the point.

Yes it was a blown assignment, but it wasn't a very well thought-out decision to put those players on the ice who blew the assignment in the first place.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Midway through the third when we were really pressing a couple plays really stood out to me:

Nikitin got caught pinching and Savard played the 2 on 1 perfectly and blocked the shot. And then Murray got burned on the boards and Wiz slid over to break up the 2 on 1.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I think its time to get Prout back in. I thought Nikitin was pretty bad tonight.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You must be mistaking me for someone. I'm generally quite level headed. However, I did say Im tired of this season in the last GDT, but that's fairly minimal compared to some here.

Since you seem to be unaware:

You are the chicken little of these boards because you have repeatedly been the first to throw in the towel. Last year I remember half a dozen games where we were behind a goal or two and you said it was over, and we came back to win those games. You might not remember when you're wrong, but many of us remember this.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Since you seem to be unaware:

You are the chicken little of these boards because you have repeatedly been the first to throw in the towel. Last year I remember half a dozen games where we were behind a goal or two and you said it was over, and we came back to win those games. You might not remember when you're wrong, but many of us remember this.

I greatly don't remember this, but if you could throw some examples I will listen.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I will admit I was not expecting Jenner to have 2 goals given how I've been harping on his lack of an offensive game this regular season.

Sadly, in the night we score 3 they score 5. In the nights where they score 2, we score 1. And so on...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I greatly don't remember this, but if you could throw some examples I will listen.

We all need to be a little more positive. While there are reasons for concern, there are new reasons for optimism.

We know Arty will get it going.
We know Bob won't give up soft goals all here.
We know Letestu won't be in a dry spell all year.
Boone, Joey and Savard are showing development.
Umby doesn't suck as much as he did last year.
Cam makes youngster mistakes, but has sick hands around the net.

I predict - if Bob starts - we're gonna pound Washington on Saturday.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
We all need to be a little more positive. While there are reasons for concern, there are new reasons for optimism.

I think after a game like tonight (Not saying he was at fault at all btw), Bob is the type of guy who you want to throw right back out there. I think it would be a mistake to not play him vs Washington, especially since its against a division rival who is also in a hole early.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Can't see it. What's he saying?

I don't know what I'm missing here. Richards says he would name a captain when one stepped up and became clear. It seems obvious to us that Dubinsky is stepping up and being the guy. I'm not seeing this same leadership out of Jack Johnson. What else needs to be proven?

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I have to say, I 100% threw in the towel on Savard when I saw him play last season. This year he is easily my favorite defenseman quite honestly. Never expected Murray and Savard to be so solid for us. I think we've yet to see a game where all facets of our game are working like they did last year. We'll have a game like that on our homestand coming up, and I think things begin going much better from there on.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Boone, Joey and Savard are showing development.
Umby doesn't suck as much as he did last year.
Cam makes youngster mistakes, but has sick hands around the net.

I'll give you the last 4 but we don't know Bob won't give up softies all year. If we did know that, nobody would have had a problem giving him a long term deal. The fact is he was given a 2 year deal to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

Additionally, we don't know Arty will get it going either. He's historically a 40 point guy. He has 1 point now and realistically should have 3 after 6 games. Its not like he should have put up 5-7 points by now. Additionally, his face off percentage is higher this year and his career average. If he returns to the player he has been, he'll give more but not much more. Theoretically, a single 2 point game in Washington pretty much puts him back on his career point pace.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
From Portzline's twitter:

CBJ C Brandon Dubinsky was seething after the game, firing his equipment into his bag as he spoke. Dubinsky: “It's a loss. It’s zero points. It’s not (expletive) good enough. We have to find a way to turn some of these ‘efforts’ – as some people call them – into points. Until we do that, it’s just not good enough.”

Why this man is not wearing a C yet is beyond me.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'm still not disappointed with this team's start. Happy? No, not entirely ... but the effort has been there. A few bounces, maybe the addition of Nathan Horton ... who knows?

Go Jackets!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad