GDT: Game 6: Columbus at Montreal | 10/17 7:30PM EDT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
3119946ed750d25f0f.jpg

VuedeMontreal.jpeg

7:30 PM EDT
Bell Centre
Montreal, Quebec

large.png

Lines
Atkinson-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Comeau-Johansen-Umberger
Jenner-Anisimov-Letestu
Craig-MacKenzie-Boll

Tyutin-Johnson
Nikitin-Savard
Wisniewski-Murray

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Inactive
Collins, Prout

Injured
Bass, Calvert, Foligno, Horton

large.png

Lines
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Eller
Gionta-Plekanec-Bourque
Prust-Briere-Desharnais
Bournival-White-Moen

Subban-Markov
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Beaulieu

Price
Budaj

Inactive
Tinordi

Injured
Drewiske, Emelin, Murray, Parros, Pacioretty​

hogtownhabsfan*

Hey guys, just saw on our gameday thread that Horton is hurt. When's he supposed to be back?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A great 'world' city, with a rich, almost unrivaled hockey pro hockey tradition and a faithful and energetic fan base.

Hope the Jackets kick their *****.

jacketsnc33

Nov 24, 2007
Need to win this one. I'm calling for an OT winner. Would love to see a game in Montreal sometime. Watching Habs games on tv, always looks like a good atmosphere and packed house.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
cydawg is up there for the game...hopefully he gives a report when he gets back to the states...

jacketsnc33

Nov 24, 2007
I'd love to hear more about it. Is it an especially expensive place to visit compared to other large cities? Friendly people for the most part? Are most public signs in English and French, or French only?

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I just hope the game is exciting. The Boston and Detroit games were real snoozers. We'll find out what the Jackets are made of over the next couple of games. If they come back for Sunday's game 2-5, it will ruin all the momentum they had from last year. The compete level is there, the desperation from last year, is not. Hope they turn that around quickly.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I'd love to hear more about it. Is it an especially expensive place to visit compared to other large cities? Friendly people for the most part? Are most public signs in English and French, or French only?

Hi there. From my experience Montréal food, hotel and entertainment costs are not as expensive as other large NA cities. It's a city with lots of pedestrians so quite social and friendly, people like to have a good time and low crime. You don't need French for a visit, menus are usually bilingual but watch out for octagonal signs at intersections that are identical to stop signs but say "Arret" instead, and stop there. ;)

Let people know you're from out of town and most will be able to speak English with you. Say you're visiting for a hockey game and most will slap your back and drink with you.

You probably know that Bell Centre ticket prices are among the most expensive in the league, good luck with that.

Hope we have a great game tonight.

K33Z

May 14, 2009
Hi there. From my experience Montréal food, hotel and entertainment costs are not as expensive as other large NA cities. It's a city with lots of pedestrians so quite social and friendly, people like to have a good time and low crime. You don't need French for a visit, menus are usually bilingual but watch out for octagonal signs at intersections that are identical to stop signs but say "Arret" instead, and stop there. ;)

Let people know you're from out of town and most will be able to speak English with you. Say you're visiting for a hockey game and most will slap your back and drink with you.

You probably know that Bell Centre ticket prices are among the most expensive in the league, good luck with that.

Hope we have a great game tonight.

Having lived in Montreal for quite some time, I can attest to this (just don't say you're a CLB fan or people will laugh/tease you alot!). If you are travelling and stick to the downtown area you will have zero communication problems as most people, including most quebecers, speak english. Gas typically costs around 1.30/1.40$ per LITER (so about 1.20/1.60$ more per gallon than in the US). Girls and women are also pretty damn very beautiful in general, your eyes will thank you for coming to visit.

Tickets prices are dysmal on the other hand. I've been to a MTL preseason game this year and the tickets (5th row from the bench) were 160$ each (ouch!). Luckily, I didn't have to pay for them! The ambience in the arena is pretty good but if you want a good time I would strongly suggest getting tickets in the grey (Coors/Molsen area) where mostly drunk/young people party. This is where 90% of the ambience comes from: don't expect the corporate types that fill the lower bowls to do that. I've found that these people are actually reluctant to get into the vibe (when people do the wave and such).

Enjoy the stay!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Having lived in Montreal for quite some time, I can attest to this (just don't say you're a CLB fan or people will laugh/tease you alot!). If you are travelling and stick to the downtown area you will have zero communication problems as most people, including most quebecers, speak english. Gas typically costs around 1.30/1.40$ per LITER (so about 1.20/1.60$ more per gallon than in the US). Girls and women are also pretty damn very beautiful in general, your eyes will thank you for coming to visit.

Tickets prices are dysmal on the other hand. I've been to a MTL preseason game this year and the tickets (5th row from the bench) were 160$ each (ouch!). Luckily, I didn't have to pay for them! The ambience in the arena is pretty good but if you want a good time I would strongly suggest getting tickets in the grey (Coors/Molsen area) where mostly drunk/young people party. This is where 90% of the ambience comes from: don't expect the corporate types that fill the lower bowls to do that. I've found that these people are actually reluctant to get into the vibe (when people do the wave and such).

Enjoy the stay!

I can't imagine being around young drunks would be good for opposing fans....

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010

Is there any area of Bell Centre that isn't heavily corporate, but also not just a college/just out of college party scene (i.e. knowledgeable fans who get into the game)?

K33Z

May 14, 2009

As I said, as long as you don't wear a jersey which isn't a MTL one there should be no problems. I'm not saying everyone is drunk/loud/stupid but it is mostly young people (in their 20s and early 30s). Wearing another teams jersey is risky, and not just in Montreal; I went for a CLB/NYR game in 2012 at the MSG and there were two girls cheering for the jackets with their Nash jerseys on. That was the night people in MSG were chanting 'we dont want him'. The girls then starting to cheer when Nash did good thing and then they starting getting trolled. Some (obviously drunk) guys started chanting ''Ugly betty ugly betty'' until they stopped making remarks (not on an aggressive tone and not DIRECTLY targetting the girls even though..).

People at the Bell center won't loud mouth you but wearing an opposing team's jersey does contain some risk. If you're a casual person that minds his own business and does wear his jersey you might get some weird looks and some playful comments such as ''you REALLY like this team?'' but that's pretty much it. Sorry if I made it sound like the top floor is some wild place to avoid at all costs if youre a CLB fan.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and I completely missed your point. Yes there are alot of people cheering and some drunks (but not over the top drunks, just the ones that cheer alot). This rubbs off to the other people attending the higher areas (it is more contagious as most people attending are young). This results in more noise and I've never been to a game where there wasn't at least 1-2 ''waves''. IMO this makes the game more enjoyable but maybe it is because im still relatively young.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Back to hockey for a moment, it will be interesting to me to see how we stack up speed wise with Montreal. To me they always look fast when I've seen them play.

Also just saw this on tsn:

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Pacioretty had MRI last night, results expected later today. Bourque questionable for tonight. If out, Beaulieu in as 7th D, playing F

And of course we have Galy & Murray

K33Z

May 14, 2009
Is there any area of Bell Centre that isn't heavily corporate, but also not just a college/just out of college party scene (i.e. knowledgeable fans who get into the game)?

I can't give a perfect answer to your question but I will say this:

The Canadiens are sacred in this province. Alot of people follow them and many many people come from all over the country (and the US) to come watch the games. The tickets are also very expensive so going to see a game is like taking a vacation. You will see alot of families bringing their kids for the first time of their life (for young chlidren in this province going to see the CH is like going to disneyland). This means the crowd changes alot from one game to another and throughout my life, I've never had an interesting conversation with anyone when it comes to the game (I've been to Bell center/the Forum at least 10 times). Most people are just casual fans getting out of work and having a good time with their husband/wife/associates/bosses/etc. People are friendly though and you can easily start a convo with the person sitting next to you but when it comes to the content, I can't elaborate on that.

Hope this helps,
K33Z

K33Z

May 14, 2009
Back to hockey for a moment, it will be interesting to me to see how we stack up speed wise with Montreal. To me they always look fast when I've seen them play.

Also just saw this on tsn:

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Pacioretty had MRI last night, results expected later today. Bourque questionable for tonight. If out, Beaulieu in as 7th D, playing F

And of course we have Galy & Murray

This is good news for us. Pacioretty is a big piece and Bourque being questionnable means that Canadiens will only have two potentially dangerous lines. If we can shutdown their kid line (Eller/Galche/Gallagher) we will have a good shot at winning. Their veterans aren't playing very well these days from what I've seen.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As I said, as long as you don't wear a jersey which isn't a MTL one there should be no problems. I'm not saying everyone is drunk/loud/stupid but it is mostly young people (in their 20s and early 30s). Wearing another teams jersey is risky, and not just in Montreal; I went for a CLB/NYR game in 2012 at the MSG and there were two girls cheering for the jackets with their Nash jerseys on. That was the night people in MSG were chanting 'we dont want him'. The girls then starting to cheer when Nash did good thing and then they starting getting trolled. Some (obviously drunk) guys started chanting ''Ugly betty ugly betty'' until they stopped making remarks (not on an aggressive tone and not DIRECTLY targetting the girls even though..)..

I was at that same game in MSG and had no problem in my CBJ jersey at all. talked to several NYR fans while waiting in line for the doors to open and had a nice hockey conversation with they guy sitting next to me in the upper bowl. One of the ushers even complimented me and my 3rd jersey because he was a big civil war buff and really like them a lot.

I would think in general in opposing arenas, just try to fit and and don't purposefully draw attention to yourself and you won't give anyone a reason to start giving you *****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad