GDT: Game 6: Columbus at Montreal | 10/17 7:30PM EDT

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Idk what im missing here? I saw a very young team go down early, but didn't give up fought through adversity and tied the game. And it wasn't the vets making all the plays, it was the young guys making things happen out there. Savard was excellent in most cases, Johansen had an absolutely fantastic night. While Boone Jenner is on a mission to prove to everyone he's for real. If Marion Gaborik is in the lineup to bury a few of those chances we win that game. You add in Horton and I think this team will find a lot more success in the second half of the season. This first half of the season is on the back of the young guns.

I agree. We missed Calvert's speed in that game early on. Don't forget Foligno too. We essentially were without 4 top 6 players(if you include Horton). I'm not in panic mode yet, like most people...

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Some disappointing individual performances early on. Wiz has been dreadful. Umby no goals. Is Anisimov on the team?

Work ethic and effort has been there. But they found a way to lose that game last night.

Anisimov looks like Zherdev or Filatov when he's floating...I will add Nikitin to that list, he's slow and lumbering and out of position a lot. I would like to see Prout back to last season form and Nikitin in the press box

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
As much as anything why we are 2-4. Not saying its all on him but I don't think Vezina caliber goalies should do that. He's made some great stops but overall doesn't appear to be 100% sharp.

It could have been 6-0 in the first period without him. His numbers are solid, 2.18 GAA(before last night) .929 save percentage, he's not getting run support. But agreed, he should have had that last one, deflected or not.

v3rs3

Nov 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
I dont understand the antimosity towards bob at this point. He was the only thing keeping us in the game the first period. Could have easily been 5/6-0. He made some solid saves in the first.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Great game last night. The jackets are a really hard working team you deserved at least a point but that's hockey.

The duby Jenner atkinson line was all over the place in the last 2 periods.

You guys have a very complete team that could cause a surprise at the end of the year. Plus with the way the metro teams have been playing there is a good chance you can make the playoffs.

Till next game.

Thanks. But to be honest, nothing we do should come as a surprise. Good or bad.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Bob doesn't need to be Superman. Would it be nice to see him go unconscious like he did last year? Absolutely, and I hope we get those performances out of him. But in an 82 game season we shouldn't have to lean on him in the same way. Having said that there are certainly saves that even mediocre goalies should make and I'm confident that with Bob's work ethic he's already fixing his weaknesses.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Bob doesn't need to be Superman. Would it be nice to see him go unconscious like he did last year? Absolutely, and I hope we get those performances out of him. But in an 82 game season we shouldn't have to lean on him in the same way. Having said that there are certainly saves that even mediocre goalies should make and I'm confident that with Bob's work ethic he's already fixing his weaknesses.

From my perspective, I covered some of this in another post. At no point did I mention "Superman". I'm not sure anyone is really expecting that.

I don't think we are far off on expectations.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
From my perspective, I covered some of this in another post. At no point did I mention "Superman". I'm not sure anyone is really expecting that.

I don't think we are far off on expectations.

I'm not sure exactly why you thought I was addressing you. I like you blah but I was simply stating my beliefs.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Tough loss last night. Im sure Coach Richards was pissed off about that first goal. Still not sure what Savard and Nikki were thinking. This team seems like they are so close but to see them come out so flat last night is a head scratcher. Really like the 2nd and 3rd period. Team has to find a way to take something positive out of this game and turn the page. Need a mans effort tomorrow, nothing less.

I thought Boone and Johansen were outstanding. Id like to seem those to paired on a line with Letestu. I think we are gonna see some big time line changes for the Caps game.

thebus2288*

Also wanna add that Letestu and Comeau have looked bad all year besides maybe 1 game each. We'd also be better off with Marchessault and Chaput than we are with Collins or Craig. Add that to what's been going on with the D selections and I've got some questions for Richards. To the Anisimov haters... go back and look at the goals we've scored this year, he's in the play or right by the net in a lot of them. He needs someone creative on his line and for most of the year he hasn't. He's been good on the PP. Him with Johansen is a good start.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Thanks. But to be honest, nothing we do should come as a surprise. Good or bad.

well, Habs didnt play your team last season, and unless you're playing the Habs, chances they'l broadcast a CBJ game in here (Montreal area) are slim to none...

for a lot of us, last time we saw your team was a few years ago so yeah, it's a surprise, sort of, but a good one ;)

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Unfortunately for people who know me, I am generally right alot and I let people know about it. Now I love being wrong especially when it's bad things. I thought we played a hell of a third period, but it was really really switching in the last 10 minutes of that period.

Uh huh, right. Your chicken little routine is pretty well known around here.

Sucked to lose tonight, but good to see some secondary scoring. Once Gabby comes back, and hopefully when Horton gets inserted into the lineup, we can get on a roll. Only 6 games in, it's a very long season ahead of us.

Wiz does annoy the **** out of me. We all knew it when he signed the contract that he wouldn't be worth the money, but I expected better than this.

I thought Murray played his best game as a pro, which I've thought the past 3 games I've seen, so that's a good thing. Johansen is just SO CLOSE to being that player we need, still needs to figure it out a little bit more, how to generate offense in the scheme of a cycle/play.

Onto the next team.

You must be mistaking me for someone. I'm generally quite level headed. However, I did say Im tired of this season in the last GDT, but that's fairly minimal compared to some here.

Since you seem to be unaware:

You are the chicken little of these boards because you have repeatedly been the first to throw in the towel. Last year I remember half a dozen games where we were behind a goal or two and you said it was over, and we came back to win those games. You might not remember when you're wrong, but many of us remember this.

I greatly don't remember this, but if you could throw some examples I will listen.

I'm too lazy too look thru several of the GDT threads from the end of last season where I called you out. I also don't care about looking up how to post it here either. And I know I called you and others out several times so do not feel alone.

Look at post #459.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1412421&page=19

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
well, Habs didnt play your team last season, and unless you're playing the Habs, chances they'l broadcast a CBJ game in here (Montreal area) are slim to none...

for a lot of us, last time we saw your team was a few years ago so yeah, it's a surprise, sort of, but a good one ;)

Yes, but it's not a secret how we finished the season last year.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Also wanna add that Letestu and Comeau have looked bad all year besides maybe 1 game each. We'd also be better off with Marchessault and Chaput than we are with Collins or Craig. Add that to what's been going on with the D selections and I've got some questions for Richards. To the Anisimov haters... go back and look at the goals we've scored this year, he's in the play or right by the net in a lot of them. He needs someone creative on his line and for most of the year he hasn't. He's been good on the PP. Him with Johansen is a good start.

I'll agree on Letestu but not on Comeau. He's doing exactly what he's been brought here to do. He's not going to put up the points or win any races but his experience shows when he's out there on the ice. Makes the right plays at the right time. And I will agree about having Collins and Craig out there. IdK if JAM is my replacement,but definitely Chaput.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Man the quality of the discussion is quickly degenerating with a couple of losses.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well, my mom is in the grave. So I don't think she is wearing any shoes right now.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Man the quality of the discussion is quickly degenerating with a couple of losses.

Stop it.... not a couple of losses in the middle of the season... four losses in six games out the gate. One month of this production and you will be calling for Richards head EDWARD!!!! bad boy, bad boy...

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Anisimov looks like Zherdev or Filatov when he's floating...I will add Nikitin to that list, he's slow and lumbering and out of position a lot. I would like to see Prout back to last season form and Nikitin in the press box

hateski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad