GDT: Game 58: Red Wings at hawks 6:00 pm et 2/25/24 (ESPN+, BSD, NHLN)

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"When Tina Turner puts Mad Max into the Thunderdome to fight Blaster, we hear for the first time the challenge of "two men enter, one man leaves". Today in Chicago the contestants will have skates and sticks on ice instead of chainsaws and spears in bungie cords, and the challenge could be rewritten to say "two birds enter, one bird leaves". But whether it's the Red Wings or the Blackhawks who emerge victorious, we know that both teams will be happy to just get themselves beyond Thunderdome."

- Plausible Keats

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
good thing i dont have to rely on nhl network or any other network to watch my wings.
Yes you do, you just don't pay for it. The networks (in this case Diamond Sports/Sinclair) produce the broadcast, without a production of broadcast, no you can't watch your wings.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Emotional game tonight. Could get the best of the fellas.

Hoping for the best but won't be surprised if they're out played tonight.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
From Chicago’s standpoint it makes ZERO sense to have Chelios Night against the Red Wings.

- Reminds everyone they traded a once beloved franchise mainstay to their arch rivals.

- Reminds everyone their idiot fans began threatening Chelios’ life as a result of trade.

- Reminds everyone Chelios won with us and not them.

I guess they just figure do it against Detroit because they know it will be a packed house atleast ?

Hopefully we wipe the floor with ‘em and everyone can reminisce about the Chelios trade.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
From Chicago’s standpoint it makes ZERO sense to have Chelios Night against the Red Wings.

- Reminds everyone they traded a once beloved franchise mainstay to their arch rivals.

- Reminds everyone their idiot fans began threatening Chelios’ life as a result of trade.

- Reminds everyone Chelios won with us and not them.

I guess they just figure do it against Detroit because they know it will be a packed house atleast ?

Hopefully we wipe the floor with ‘em and everyone can reminisce about the Chelios trade.
100% about the money

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
"When Tina Turner puts Mad Max into the Thunderdome to fight Blaster, we hear for the first time the challenge of "two men enter, one man leaves". Today in Chicago the contestants will have skates and sticks on ice instead of chainsaws and spears in bungie cords, and the challenge could be rewritten to say "two birds enter, one bird leaves". But whether it's the Red Wings or the Blackhawks who emerge victorious, we know that both teams will be happy to just get themselves beyond Thunderdome."

- Plausible Keats
Honestly, not only is the teams play peaking as we continue, yours is as well

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
100% about the money
Yeah - S Bill Wirtz went SILLY GOOSE...1990s Chicago had some solid teams - that is until Wirtz had to crack open his wallet...Larmer, Manson, Roenick, Chelios, Amonte, and Belfour were some of the victims :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geezer WC

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Pretty good show by Cheli during the ceremony. Kid Rock in attendance lmao. Anyone in Detroit get to see it?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

Drake-and-Josh-Third-Wheel1.jpg

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Hopefully the boys keep chugging along, but I have a weird feeling that this is a trap game. Let's go RW keep the streak going.

I agree that it feels like a trap game but then I also tend to think Chicago is so bad we'll still win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad