GDT: GAME 58: HABS @ DEVILS | Seasonal doldrums | Sat. Feb. 24, 2024, 2PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I enjoyed our games so much more when useless Gallagher wasn't playing. We can all see that he's done, management needs to stop their ridiculous loyalty to him and cut him loose. He's hurting the team!
Kent Hughes would fit perfectly in on one of those “ stop being like your parents”Progressive car insurance commercials where people are shown how to stop hanging onto stuff they just don’t need anymore :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This will be an interesting match both teams need to win (Habs just to not extend the losing streak)

After their last match I feel like the devils fans completely lost it and want the head coach fired (this time for real).

If the Habs manage to win this match it could be the end for Lindy Ruff.
I assume Allen starts so Lindy is safe for another game

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Meier and Zetterlund have similar numbers lmao

Zetterlund was given an opportunity that he wasn't getting in New Jersey - that is top 6 minutes. It helps. Reason why I would love to get Holtz out of NJ.

Also, Meier is a good player, but he's definitely having the worst season of his career. His cap is $8.8m. He's only 27, so he can still have better years ahead. SJS did well on the trade though regardless.

Reactions: Runner77

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Not a fan of afternoon games, either, but this one works out for me. I can watch the game before heading to the US NTDP game this evening. They are celebrating the anniversary of the 1980 Miracle on Ice. Buzz Schneider from the '80 team will be there.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Mostly agree with you. Matheson is a great skater and puck-moving D. Unfortunately, he'll often end up moving the puck the wrong way. His regular brainfarts drive people crazy, but that's the consequence of playing him as a #1D when he should be a 2nd-pair. I'd be happy keeping the guy and bumping him down the rotation once Guhle and Reinbacher are ready.

That said, Matheson was nowhere close to Jeff Petry in his prime. Petry had it all and was one of the league's top RHD. His only weakness was motivation – Petry stopped caring when used less and when the games were meaningless.
I agree on the first part, but I think Matheson is pretty close to Petry. Petry had troubles with keeping his game at the top level when Weber was out for long stretches. When Weber was there, he played like a legit 2-way 1B

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's a fine line though because we see what losing over and over can do to a franchise. The kids have to feel some successes (wins).
30 games is over and over now?

Are you arguing that winning in those 30 last games instead of losing in those 30 games will have a deep impact on Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield and Guhle?

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
On Matheson getting the 'space goat' special, I don't get why, he never was a #1 D, heck I thought we got a #4 at best when we got him for Petry, so far he's better than Petry ever was, without being properly surrounded. Yeah, he makes mistakes, but so what ? He's an offensive D, we finally have one, he produces, he's fun to watch when he flies up the ice, he's 10th in the scoring race as far as dmen are concerned this season, on a team that can't score.

They ALL make mistakes on the ice, just looking at that roster should ring a bell. Youngsters will get better with time, but we sure ain't there yet.

I just don't understand why he's so vilified, he's exactly as advertised, even better cause he's producing like he never did before.
I remember PK getting lambasted for excessive turnovers as well. It’s a common trait, but help make hockey fun to watch

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
30 games is over and over now?

Are you arguing that winning in those 30 last games instead of losing in those 30 games will have a deep impact on Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield and Guhle?
You think losing 75% of the remaining games won't affect these young players? Athletes don't play these games to lose. Look at the losing culture that has kept Buffalo out of the playoffs for 12 straight years...
Players don't develop well losing over and over. They have to experience some success. Maybe I am wrong and losing 25 of the next 30 games will have no negative impact.

It's not 30 games, it's going on 3 seasons of losing.

Reactions: jrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad