GDT: Game #56: Maple Leafs vs Coyotes - 8:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I can’t believe the regression of Kesselring Moser, valamaki.

We never attack the net either.. we have a slew of forwards that get inside the blue line and curl back .. or we go around to the outside every time. If we try to go inside their D knocks them down

The opposite is true for the opposing team … they go the inside and we move out of the or back up

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Heck man trade all of our D.

I think all of the wheeling and cycling we did at the start of the season made these D think they are offensive and are totally corrupt

Case in point Keller the only person back that last play .. our D up at the has marks

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Jesus. 11 in a row.

That look on Durzi's face said it all. Dude looks like he's about to snap.

Simplify boys. Just go out, simplify and play.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Veggie isnt an NHL goalie.
Here comes 0-for-Feb.
We dont belong on the ice with teams like the Leafs, Avs, Canes, Vegas, etc. The boys are trying , they just arent good enough.
It’s very discouraging.

They gave it a good old college try...

:popcorn:
exactly

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Fanatics only sells their brand Coyotes stuff and makes adidas stuff hard to get.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
This is the effect of tanking!! Yes you get picks but you kill the spirit and heart of the team. Takes forever to change this. Next year we will see if BA has any skill as a GM. This year and next we get to see if he can build as well as destroy.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
This is the effect of tanking!! Yes you get picks but you kill the spirit and heart of the team. Takes forever to change this. Next year we will see if AM has any skill as a GM. This year and next we get to see if he can build as well as destroy.
Is AM short for Auston Matthews or Alex Mereulo or Bill Armstrong?
I happen to think it's not a coincidence that this losing streak began when the relocation chatter intensified.
Anyways, you're right. Bill needs to build up the roster this summer with more skill and depth.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
At some point you need to look at coaching… hate to say it..

Goalie coach as well
BA said this would happen, we all knew this would happen if you are being honest with yourself. We are not a playoff team, but at the same time we have to see improvement over last year and I think we have, but not as great as we wanted. This year is the easy year to jump in pts. It gets harder from here on in.

Reactions: Llewzaher

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Coach AT looks, to me, like he feels he is in the hot seat. If the losing streak goes to 20 , is he let go ?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I happen to think it's not a coincidence that this losing streak began when the relocation chatter intensified.
Since Troy Stecher got injured, the Coyotes beat Pittsburgh and then lost every game since.
Josh Brown has had >20 toi in 2 games during the streak. If Josh Brown is getting 20+ that's a problem.
Ingram save % since the losing streak started .873. Vejmelka in 2024 .873.
The Coyotes are now 3rd in the league in taking penalties...and they are not smart penalties.

These and more have greater merit to the cause of an 11 game losing streak than rumors imho.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Since Troy Stecher got injured, the Coyotes beat Pittsburgh and then lost every game since.
Josh Brown has had >20 toi in 2 games during the streak. If Josh Brown is getting 20+ that's a problem.
Ingram save % since the losing streak started .873. Vejmelka in 2024 .873.
The Coyotes are now 3rd in the league in taking penalties...and they are not smart penalties.

These and more have greater merit to the cause of an 11 game losing streak than rumors imho.
none the less, down 3-0 during the 1st quarter of a game that turns into #11 and you get called for 6 skaters?
later in the same game, the skater comes out of the box and skates scott free in on the goalies and scores?
these are not the hallmarks of a well coached team. sorry. nothing personal.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
none the less, down 3-0 during the 1st quarter of a game that turns into #11 and you get called for 6 skaters?
later in the same game, the skater comes out of the box and skates scott free in on the goalies and scores?
these are not the hallmarks of a well coached team. sorry. nothing personal.
I see it more as a hallmark of needing to replacing some players.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I see it more as a hallmark of needing to replacing some players.
certainly there are lapses and mistakes that owe to the players, but I believe that the two examples I gave reflect a lack of indoctrinatio/repetition/encouragement/punishment, what have you, from coaches to players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad