GDT: Game #56: Maple Leafs vs Coyotes - 8:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I am at the point where I have lost faith in Tourigny’s ability to coach defense. Talent or no, what they have been trying is clearly NOT f***ING WORKING. When it’s not working, you CHANGE. You adjust to the personnel you have. You have a dearth of talent on D? Have them collapse and play simple defense. Not what Tourigny has tried to make them do. It’s not working. It’s 11 games now of it not working. I’m done with it.

Oh and also, another game where they’re not ready. I dont want to hear Morgan’s snarky comments towards the fanbase about criticizing Tourigny. They haven’t been ready to play for 11 straight games. The team sucks. The coaching sucks too.
I would take a David Karpa or Kurt Sauer. Praise the lord for a Roszival

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Really tough to win when the Yotes can’t convert on chances they create but then give up Goals on pretty much any decent chance against.

Captain obvious I know.

Point being…they need to convert some of those chances.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
IMG_4008.gif

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You know who this team reminds me of? The Diamondbacks' "Baby Backs" team just after they won the World Series. The one that was supposed to be loaded with great young talent but then ended up crapping the bed so spectacularly that most of the players ended up as journeymen or out of the league entirely.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I mean, is Phil Housley still coaching this defense?
To be fair I don't think coaching is gonna do much there.
You know who this team reminds me of? The Diamondbacks' "Baby Backs" team just after they won the World Series. The one that was supposed to be loaded with great young talent but then ended up crapping the bed so spectacularly that most of the players ended up as journeymen or out of the league entirely.
pls stahp.

Though I will say most of that was smoke and mirrors. The team that was actually supposed to be good was the one a few years after them with like J-Up, Jackson, Queintin, etc. If those are the ones you were thinking of then carry on that era does kinda blur together. Baby Backs reminds me of like Cassey Fossum Alex Cintron and Matt Kata types. Pls kill me.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Veggie has been in the league too long to be this awkward.

Carcone slashing penalty is stupid.
Too many men penalty is more stupider.
Dumba 4 cuz cant control his stick (again) is stupiderest.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Just thought about it but when’s the last fight this team has had?

They need some kind of pushback/backbone out there. This is pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad