GDT: Game 56: Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Happy Sort Of Valentines Day

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
DV7ajgKVwAEmpYn.jpg:large

Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights
7:00 PM Pacific
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

(Click to find channel in your area)
Cox: 313(SD)/1313(HD)
DirecTV: 684 (HD)
Centurylink: 760(SD)/1760(HD)

(Click for link to listen online)

EV4o4qy.png

mqBxoGH.png

fQzfoFS.png

CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

LETS LIGHT THE LAMP!

:vegas GO KNIGHTS GO! :vegas

Last edited:

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
The Blackhawks want to win their first game in February. They are 0-6 this month. Having embarrassed themselves against the Yotes last night, they are seeking revenge.

This is only the Knights' second game at home this month, having lost their first game against the Flyers. In fact, they have lost two straight at home.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So glad I wasn't there. :shakehead

I'm surprised there wasn't any report of fights, ejections, etc.
They happened.

Pretty sure the Flyers fans kicked the Golden Knight out of section 201 during the game. I know there was definitely a confrontation with the Golden Knight and at least one fat ass Philly fan.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Can't say I'm surprised. Stay classy, Philly. :eyeroll:
The crappy ones were crappy, the good ones were amazing. I had a conversation in the bathroom line with a guy that couldn’t have been more apologetic for what was happening. I think Flyers fans just pregamed a lot since they were in Las Vegas and that added to the Philadelphianess of the Flyers fans, plus they just won a Super Bowl. It was a perfect storm.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The crappy ones were crappy, the good ones were amazing. I had a conversation in the bathroom line with a guy that couldn’t have been more apologetic for what was happening. I think Flyers fans just pregamed a lot since they were in Las Vegas and that added to the Philadelphianess of the Flyers fans, plus they just won a Super Bowl. It was a perfect storm.

Perfect storm, or not, those morons wouldn't need an excuse. They do that wherever they go.

Let's move on to the Hawks. We've wasted enough energy on something that isn't worth dwelling on.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Perfect storm, or not, those people wouldn't need an excuse. They do that wherever they go.

Let's move on to the Hawks. We've wasted enough energy on something that isn't worth dwelling on.

I agree, but I think it's kind of worth dwelling on. Most of these people purchased tickets online from season ticket holders that dumped tickets, and there were way too many of them. We do not want this to happen all the time. There should be some level of shame to selling your tickets to these visiting people.

I'm a STH, and from time to time I have to dump tickets for scheduling reasons. There should be more thought put into who we sell these tickets to, we don't want people selling their tickets to Philadelphia fans in the future.

People are going to come to Las Vegas, that's fine. Just think an extra second prior to listing your tickets on Stubhub or something, there's plenty of people on local social media willing to pay Stubhub prices for Knights tickets that will actually support the Knights.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I agree, but I think it's kind of worth dwelling on. Most of these people purchased tickets online from season ticket holders that dumped tickets, and there were way too many of them. We do not want this to happen all the time. There should be some level of shame to selling your tickets to these visiting people.

I'm a STH, and from time to time I have to dump tickets for scheduling reasons. There should be more thought put into who we sell these tickets to, we don't want people selling their tickets to Philadelphia fans in the future.

People are going to come to Las Vegas, that's fine. Just think an extra second prior to listing your tickets on Stubhub or something, there's plenty of people on local social media willing to pay Stubhub prices for Knights tickets that will actually support the Knights.

They should be able to do some analysis from stubhub data of who is regularly selling to visiting fans, at least fans from out of town. Part of the whole "Vegas" problem is we have out of town fans who live here lol.

But I am sure VGK are well within their rights to have some agreement when buying tickets that if you resell a certain % of tickets on stubhub, you can be prevented from rebuying next season (or get future seasons auto-refunded). I would not be surprised to learn that some people bought these tickets as an investment to resell at profit whenever possible via stubhub. The app they have instituted pretty much prevents scalping it seems? They should be able to exercise greater control over the amount of resale... if they want to that is... Now that demand is getting higher, it seems they can tighten this up, and now would be a good time to do it based on experiences like the Philly game. The Habs game will be another.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
They should be able to do some analysis from stubhub data of who is regularly selling to visiting fans, at least fans from out of town. Part of the whole "Vegas" problem is we have out of town fans who live here lol.

But I am sure VGK are well within their rights to have some agreement when buying tickets that if you resell a certain % of tickets on stubhub, you can be prevented from rebuying next season (or get future seasons auto-refunded). I would not be surprised to learn that some people bought these tickets as an investment to resell at profit whenever possible via stubhub. The app they have instituted pretty much prevents scalping it seems? They should be able to exercise greater control over the amount of resale... if they want to that is... Now that demand is getting higher, it seems they can tighten this up, and now would be a good time to do it based on experiences like the Philly game. The Habs game will be another.
I don't know if we need to go that far, and it works against my best interests since I'm likely to relocate soon.

I can't attend the Habs game since it's on a Saturday, which is my busiest day at work. Yet, I refuse to list the tickets for sale until tomorrow or Thursday to make it more likely that they go to a local. I think if we just think that way, it's better. I guess it's just looking for some altruism from STH, which is not likely to happen, but it's worth a consideration IMO.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Everything in my eyes points to a win.

Also expecting Haula (he's been bit off) to have a big night because: a) he thrives against the Hawks b) he thrives in important home games.

If I would gamble, these odds would be very attractive.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Also expecting Haula (he's been bit off) to have a big night because: a) he thrives against the Hawks b) he thrives in important home games.

My boy Tuch has been ready for a little offensive scoring lately too.

ETA: I don't know what other scoring there is, that was an unneeded adjective.

Last edited:

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.

Also to consider: VGK has defeated Hawks twice already, once with Dansk in net and the other with Malcolm. So now with Flower in goal one might conclude something (not gonna jinx it by saying it!).

Still, my concern is (as "they" say) if it seems too good to be true... :D

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Now we're really back. 4th line should be 4th lining.

Maybe I'm a bit biased.... being president and founder of the Leipsic fan club but I'm disappointed that Lindberg gets the nod over Leipsic. Leipsic may miss goals that he really should have scored on.... but it's still more than Lindberg does.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Maybe I'm a bit biased.... being president and founder of the Leipsic fan club but I'm disappointed that Lindberg gets the nod over Leipsic. Leipsic may miss goals that he really should have scored on.... but it's still more than Lindberg does.
Yes, Leipsic always seems sooooo close.

Also, his hair is more interesting than Lindberg's. :thumbu:

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Nowhere really to put this... but a poster on the mainboards is of the opinion not only do refs call the game in our favor but they also let us use PED's... it's the only way we are this good.

smh :help:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm ready to take on the mantle of the underdogs that do it all.

I think/know the team took that mindset from day one, but I'm completely bought in. The only way this team wins is because they've got help from refs/players playing too hard/opposition getting drunk/whatever.

f*** them all. Just win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad