Post-Game Talk: GAME #56: Canucks 4 @ Sabres 2 - Buffalo gets Burr'd, Bo gets bruised

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If Horvat is seriously injured now after blocking that shot (walking down the tunnel)

I'm ****ing done with this team.

Missed the game is he really hurt after this game??? Say it aint so :(

Howd he play? Burr? Stecher? Hutts? Trammer? Boucher? Was chaput really THAT good??

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Nice to see the team have a good bounce back game after losing a close one yesterday. I'm still amazed that the refs called the game as they did - Canucks don't usually get that benefit.

I have to hand it to the players - they don't have the talent to win most nights, but they bring the effort. No one took a shift off tonight. Glad for Marky, too.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Too bad tank broke, but I'm alright with the win. Horvat being steady, never a bad thing.

Lehner and Falk can both go falk themselves.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
This was not just back to back for Buffalo--it was 5th game in 7 days. Yes they died in the last 2 periods and looked like trash. No Girgensons, no Larsson, no Bogosian, no Franson, no Carriere. 5 regulars out. Most Sabres fans wrote this one off in October when the schedule came out....They are not deep enough or good enough to handle that.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
This was not just back to back for Buffalo--it was 5th game in 7 days. Yes they died in the last 2 periods and looked like trash. No Girgensons, no Larsson, no Bogosian, no Franson, no Carriere. 5 regulars out. Most Sabres fans wrote this one off in October when the schedule came out....They are not deep enough or good enough to handle that.

It was 4 in 6 for the Canucks..not like we're deep enough either..

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
0kqMV5O.png

Bo (1)
Chaput (1)
Burr (1)
Chaput (2)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Man the Sabres are in shambles after this loss. Lehner calling out the team for not listening to the coach and Sabres fans losing their minds.

:laugh:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Well, Lehner is calling out the team because it has no structure. Basically calling out players for playing a skilled game rather then a grindy checking game.

Bylsma rather clearly lost that room IMO.

I don't think the players have quit the system in Vancouver. Rather that we are loyal to a tee so the big minute players are buying in. You think sutter wants a coaching change? What about Granlund? Sutter's on pace for 39 points while playing top line minutes. He must think the world of Willie. Horvat honestly seems more concerned about "doing what has to be done with whatever I have", and the Sedins get to call their own shots. Miller gets to pick his own starts, while Markstrom sits. Chaput/Megna loving live.

Nobody is checking out here.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
What's with the Canucks and playing a **** disturbing game against eastern teams?

Am I remembering wrong here or have all our emotional games in the last couple years been against eastern teams.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I'm fine with this. Always fun to see Burr show a flash of his formerly elite level pestery.

But from here on in, I only want to be beating Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad