GDT: Game 55 : New York Rangers and New York Islanders playing in New Jersey, 3pm ET, (Game is on ABC and ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
As a couch enjoyer, I hope they push it back even farther. A sunset before the 2nd period would be pretty sweet and we don't need Igor struggling to see the puck anymore. He needs to have a good game or his confidence will tank again.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

What the f*** are these idiots doing? Why would you do this game in the day when the winds are always swirling in the Meadowlands? Like, why?

I see the American Idol thing above and that's the obvious reason, but no clue why the NHL somehow OK'd this dumbf*** start time.

I could've predicted this. Winds aren't supposed to calm down until (SHOCKER) 7PM. Almost like when they normally calm down in this area, lol.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
What the f*** are these idiots doing? Why would you do this game in the day when the winds are always swirling in the Meadowlands? Like, why?

I see the American Idol thing above and that's the obvious reason, but no clue why the NHL somehow OK'd this dumbf*** start time.

I could've predicted this. Winds aren't supposed to calm down until (SHOCKER) 7PM. Almost like when they normally calm down in this area, lol.

I think it’s the glare of the sun on the ice, the game at Yankee Stadium was the same, your point still stands, but I think Brooks was just saying it’s freezing out.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rempe confirmed in. Was told a few months ago here that he’d never play in a NHL game. Does it 2nd year pro at age 21.

Kid deserves a ton of credit

f***ing based. Stoked for him.

I remember when we took him and Edstrom (Edstrom in 2019, Rempe in 2020).

Frankly, I am on board with taking more big, weird, lanky dudes that have some talent. Edstrom was never thought of as a bottom-six guy when we picked him. He was looked at as a big dude with some skill. Same with Rempe. BOTH of them worked their asses off and changed their games in order to make it this far.

Two of the most interesting prospects in recent memory, too.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think it’s the glare of the sun on the ice, the game at Yankee Stadium was the same, your point still stands, but I think Brooks was just saying it’s freezing out.

Ah, I figured it was for the wind. But yeah, point stands as you said. Idiotic timing on this one.

Anyone who has ever played hockey outside in the sun can tell you how hard it will be, lol.

Lou really is such a cringe GM at this point in his life. He's not only bad at his job, but he has these utterly ridiculous rules that just strip the fun from the game.

I can't stand the guy.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Just lame as f***, and we didn't do that much better. Such a disappointment after seeing what the Flyers and Devils did yesterday with the Rocky and Sopranos costumes.

Oh well, let's win the game. That's the important part.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
fitting for Rempe to make his debut in the absolute swamp that is the meadowlands

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
How can people not like the NYPD/FDNY theme? That’s such a classy move giving respect to people who put their lives on the line every day. Of course Lou didn’t let the Islanders dress up. He's been one of the biggest scumbags in the league for decades.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
How can people not like the NYPD/FDNY theme? That’s such a classy move giving respect to people who put their lives on the line every day. Of course Lou didn’t let the Islanders dress up. He's been one of the biggest scumbags in the league for decades.
Not so much theme... But the execution.

If they ride in on little fire trucks/police car hot wheels or something... I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad