GDT: Game 54: New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5596.jpeg

IMG_5595.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens
7pm ET - MSG
IMG_5569.gif

IMG_5593.jpeg
IMG_5594.jpeg
IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5598.jpeg
Canadiens Projected Line up

Cole Caufield -- Nick Suzuki -- Juraj Slafkovsky
Tanner Pearson -- Jake Evans -- Brendan Gallagher
Joshua Roy -- Alex Newhook -- Josh Anderson
Michael Pezzetta -- Brandon Gignac -- Joel Armia

Mike Matheson -- Kaiden Guhle
Jayden Struble -- David Savard
Arber Xhekaj -- Johnathan Kovacevic

Sam Montembeault
Jake Allen

Scratched:
Cayden Primeau, Jesse Ylonen
Injured: Raphael Harvey-Pinard (lower body), Jordan Harris (upper body)

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Blake Wheeler
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Jonny Brodzinski -- Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Adam Edstrom

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Erik Gustafsson -- Braden Schneider

Jonathan Quick
Igor Shesterkin

Scratched:
Zac Jones, Alex Belzile
'Injured: None

IMG_5591.gif

IMG_5566.gif

IMG_5324.gif
IMG_4627.gif

IMG_4629.jpeg

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You know, I'm getting a really good feeling again about our Rangers. Taking care of the King's and Vegas was instrumental into where they're going. Even though they haven't been light) that they have been amazing defensively. The forwards are coming back like never before, they've been supportive in the d zone, and hell I even seen k'Andre lay a hit or two, instead of reaching with his stick. This five game winning streak is very promising considering the fact that we haven't even scored a power play goal in 17 attempts? Well, tonight that streak ends, big time. With Montreal being 30th in the league at a horrific 74.3 rate, I'm predicting three power play goals for the good guys. And that's catapult us firing like we did earlier in the season. Hell we've dropped to fifth in the league, now only 25.6 when we were hovering around 30% for most of the year. That's about to go dramatically up.
Also, I was secondary scoring has been kicking in big time, and thank God because lines 1&2 aren't doing that great lately. Okay I said what I said, have a great game guys and let's go Rangers!

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I wish I had more arms so I could give that decision 4 thumbs down.
I'm a little surprised as well, considering Igor's decent performance. But I'm not going to go against Lavy's decision, because let's face it Quick has been more than earning it. His record is the reason why we are where we are in the standings.

Reactions: Rongomania

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Shaping up to be a strong February if they can take care of business tonight.

Not really sure why Igor wouldn’t get the chance to build on the shutout especially since they don’t play again until Sunday. Let them split starts next week when they have 5 games in 8 days
I think its OK

Obviously they are going with Igor outside on Sunday. Dont want to risk anything so he can experience that. Would it be his first outdoor game? I know its 5 days off since the shutout but maybe they are gearing him up for a little run.

Dallas and NJ thereafter, Flyers on Sat afternoon with a day off in between each. Igor could see 4 in a row before going back to Quick on Sunday 6pm in the back to back.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I like giving Quick the start tonight. Let Shesty get used to this splitting starts routine as he builds himself back up.

If we started him again tonight, then that feels like a more aggressive message than Lavi has been preaching concerning the goalies. No need to put him in a prove it game, and put pressure on accelerating the process. We're a playoff team, and what matters is getting him as close to the top of his game as we get to the end of the season.

Plus, if Quick can shoulder a good chunk of the starts for the rest of the way, Shesty will be very fresh for a long playoff run.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I think its OK

Obviously they are going with Igor outside on Sunday. Dont want to risk anything so he can experience that. Would it be his first outdoor game? I know its 5 days off since the shutout but maybe they are gearing him up for a little run.

Dallas and NJ thereafter, Flyers on Sat afternoon with a day off in between each. Igor could see 4 in a row before going back to Quick on Sunday 6pm in the back to back.
I’m fine with it too in the grand scheme of things, but it just seemed like the easy opportunity to get him back into a rhythm. They can rotate the starts next week as needed

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

I think its OK

Anyone remember me stating I think we'll sweep that western 5 game road trip? True that prediction was 2 games in, but still.
Looked at the upcoming schedule, and the thought occured to me that this month can be what you just said. Had our PP been going, we'd be winning these last 5, by 3 and 4 goal margins. Anyway, tonight will be tough, but I'm sure they wanna rid themselves of that Montreal thorn, so then it becomes 6. Islander game, they'll surely be UP for, that'll be 7. Now, not saying it'll be an Edmonton type winning streak (but, ya' never know}. Don't wanna peak too early but, we need to fully right the ship that has been sailing sideways for a while now. Full steam ahead. Maybe we'll only lose 2, hopefully 1 by February's end. That'll seperate us from Carolina and, ummmmm......haha, Philly and the Debbies. You heard it here first.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Quick has made a fan out of me obvi, I just thought it was always 'coaching 101' that not only when a goalie has a hot game should he get the next start, but it was a shutout against a team that is playing very good hockey atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad