GDT: Game 54: Habs VS Rags, Thurs. Feb. 15 | 7 PM ET | TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Ah well, some excitement, could have been great game if not for the gifted goals. Good evening all!

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Absolutely. He's overplayed, in the wrong chair, and needs a prime stable RD besides him to cover.

This is absolutely correct

Having Matheson as second fiddle behind a true #1 offensive D would be perfect. Alas we don't have that.....yet

But i'm really high on Mailloux. I think he could become that guy. He is my #1 best D prospect in the Habs org right now.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I feel like he's a player without much of an identity.

He skates fast, but it's not like he's got a great shot, or really fast hands, or plays a grindy two-way game.
So we got him cheap hoping for a quick 3rd line winger good defensively with some offense. We did not give 2x 1st choices + Mailloux for him... in due time, I see him on the 3rd line when the habs can comptete.

Reactions: Canadienna

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Habs board to the main board right now:

images.jpeg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
the entire D played like a bunch of f***ing dummies
Kovacevic and Savard were pylons. Xhekaj took himself out of position more than once. Guhle and Matheson were out muscled. Only Struble was decent and ended up +2. Terrible game for Newhook and his entire line. He was also almost invisible on the PP the layoff hit him hard in this one,

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This is absolutely correct

Having Matheson as second fiddle behind a true #1 offensive D would be perfect. Alas we don't have that.....yet

But i'm really high on Mailloux. I think he could become that guy. He is my #1 best D prospect in the Habs org right now.
The timing is impossible, but today's Matheson with Reinbacher in his prime is what we'd need.

Matheson is like a Erik Karlsson-lite, gathers the points but needs his partner to play awesome D.

Reactions: V13

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Kovacevic and Savard were pylons. Xhekaj took himself out of position more than once. Guhle and Matheson were out muscled. Only Struble was decent and ended up +2. Terrible game for Newhook and his entire line. He was also almost invisible on the PP the layoff hit him hard in this one,
Slaf set up Newhook on one PP and he could have scored but the puck was on end. He set up Caufield on another PP and Caufield took the shot when he should have passed back to Newhook who was in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino