GDT: Game 54: Columbus vs. Detroit | 2/11 5PM

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Trade Saad for someone who can score. (I am sure this will get a vigorous response. But Saad has stunk since mid-December.)

C4VWtZuUkAA62H2.jpg

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If you want to futz with the powerplay, I wouldn't put Anderson on it - the 1 - 3 - 1 has no pure net front role. The Foligno spot and the Gagner spot involve both playmaking and net front play.

Our best guy for the rotor position would be Hartnell - I'd like him to replace Gagner there on the first unit. Hartnell is so underrated - he doesn't miss many opportunities. The guy has excellent vision and passing, a great shot, and when there's a loose puck after a block you want his strength there to tie up sticks and keep the play alive. He's second on the team in 5 on 5 scoring - yet for some reason gets short-shrift on PP, all despite excellent career PP play. Normally you'd think PP immediately for a slow but skilled vet.

Our second unit was looking best when they stuck with the 1 - 3 - 1, Murray high and Jones on the side. I know Dubi and Jenner have been amazing lately but I still don't think they are right for the powerplay.

Murray
Jones - Gagner - Karlsson
Saad

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If you want to futz with the powerplay, I wouldn't put Anderson on it - the 1 - 3 - 1 has no pure net front role. The Foligno spot and the Gagner spot involve both playmaking and net front play.

Our best guy for the rotor position would be Hartnell - I'd like him to replace Gagner there on the first unit. Hartnell is so underrated - he doesn't miss many opportunities. The guy has excellent vision and passing, a great shot, and when there's a loose puck after a block you want his strength there to tie up sticks and keep the play alive. He's second on the team in 5 on 5 scoring - yet for some reason gets short-shrift on PP, all despite excellent career PP play. Normally you'd think PP immediately for a slow but skilled vet.

Our second unit was looking best when they stuck with the 1 - 3 - 1, Murray high and Jones on the side. I know Dubi and Jenner have been amazing lately but I still don't think they are right for the powerplay.

Murray
Jones - Gagner - Karlsson
Saad

I would go for Hartnell replacing Gagner. Better finisher but can also set things up, let the guy be in a position where he thrives. Id also be a fan of Jones moving onto the 1st and giving the 2 D PP a go. You get the lefty and righty combo plus Jones is hitting the net this year

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
In my defense, I just realized we had a game Saturday and i'm about a .5 PPG poster(1/2 page per game), sooo... :D

We can never have enough 41 point/season players...or can we?

LOL, liked your post.

Thought CBJ was better Saturday, still need to make some strides on PP and Wennberg line. Expected some rust not only from Savard, but from Murray/Nuti pairing, as Nuti just really getting back and Murray wasn't paired with him until Saturday. Savard got better as game went on (other than 4-min minor); we just slot so much better on D with him. I thought Murray and Nuti were getting better as a pair prior to Nuti's and Savard's injuries.

Keep progressing - want to see best in late March thru....June?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad