GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
gotta agree with ya. I commend your players that did step up and fight. It had to be answered. One fella on here said “ as long as we beat them on the scoreboard “ . That was stupid. The Rangers had to answer to that BS. I wish they had of called up that Mason Geertseen. Big tuff Alberta boy
Eh i dont think they needed to goon it up. The fights are whatever.

the part that pissed me off were we didnt even try to lay put any big hits. Or really even check them. Pound them into the glass during the play. Even if u take an accidental boarding penalty or hitting high penalty. Just f***ing hit them.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Fitting end to one of the saddest days and worst 72 hour stretches in franchise history. What an ugly night in national tv and it was entirely preventable.

I guess I give them credit for trying. Or at least some of them did. They largely did the best with what they had. They hung in there physically despite being heavily outgunned. Big props to Smith for hanging in w Wilson.

There was one really notable exception. They are winning nothing with Zibanejad as 1C making 1C money. Hate his body language. Could not have come up smaller.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Eh i dont think they needed to goon it up. The fights are whatever.

the part that pissed me off were we didnt even try to lay put any big hits. Or really even check them. Pound them into the glass during the play. Even if u take an accidental boarding penalty or hitting high penalty. Just f***ing hit them.
I wish u guys had of called up a “legit” tuff guy. Whatever your stance is on fighting, that had to be answered

Reactions: Daves a mess

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Oh, the drug addict drunken manchild is making calculated decisions?

I'd like to hope so, but...

What about this weird timing less than 24 hours after the Wilson statement comes accross as calculated?

Honestly, hope is not something I'm banking on either.

The whole situation is a mess and possibly with Dolan stepping back in the room could get much worse.

It's like Godzilla just woke up and is headed for Tokyo.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007

The whole situation is a mess and possibly with Dolan stepping back in the room could get much worse.

My hope is that cocaine james is bored and wants playoff hockey revenue streams again because his primarily in person entertainment empire has taken a beating. Now, the Rangers aren't that far from being a playoff team, and realistically the needed tweaks to make that happen were going to happen anyway, no matter who was GM. So Drury comes in, makes a few moves that we all know needed to happen anyway, become a playoff team and dolan slithers back into his whiskey haze.

The fear is that dolan meddling is here to stay and he fires Drury when he won't make Dolan's assinine moves and hires someone who will.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Kings fan here in peace.

Your team did exactly what it should have last night. You didn't bend over and you showed the Caps and the league that you have cajones! We Kings fans have been questioning our teams heart this second half and I wish our team showed what you guys did last night.

I think a playoff spot is very realistic for you guys next year. As always, you will be in the hunt for the prized UFAs and you have always drafted and developed well.

I think Laf scoring last night was symbolic . It was a sneak preview of what is to come, with the whole hockey world watching.

To the future!
upload_2021-5-6_9-29-31.jpeg

Reactions: Daves a mess

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Out of all the ridiculousness that was this season you could have never told me JD and Gorton are fired and DQ survives. WTF. To me this will be the most bizarre of all things this season
Obviously and easy answer there. Ranger management thinks (so far) that David Quinn isn't nearly as incompetent as the 15 Quinn haters here do.

Still 50/50 on Drury retaining him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad