GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers vs Capitals
7pm - NBCSN

Capitals projected lineup

Mantha - Backstrom - Wilson
Sheary - Eller - Oshie
Carr - Raffl - Sprong
Hagelin - Dowd - Hathaway

Orlov - Carlson
Dillon - van Riemsdyk
Jensen - Chara

Vanecek
Anderson

Scratched: Ilya Samsonov

Injured: Alex Ovechkin (lower body), Justin Schultz(lower body)

COVID-19 protocol: Evgeny Kuznetsov

Rangers projected lineup

Kravtsov - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Lafreniere - Strome - Kakko
Barron - Chytil - Blackwell
Di Giuseppe - Rooney - Gauthier

Miller - Fox
Reunanen - Smith
Hajek - Jones

Georgiev
Shesterkin

Scratched: Anthony Bitetto

Injured: Chris Kreider (lower body)

Adam Fox (Norris/Point watch)

D962BE6E-46C9-4FA2-9D9A-B94A86C8B098.gif

77E37C64-EBBE-497E-8606-0C2231CEFE81.jpeg

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Come out for warm-ups all wearing Panarin jerseys, and then just not come out for the game. Forfeit it.

They're eliminated anyway, so it's whatever.

and next year when a Ranger has a highsticking call the player will be suspended for 10 games. Careful going against the house too much.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I mean we can do something or not do something but Smith or someone dropping the gloves and dancing around for a minute doesn't do anything

I don't know if I condone it or not, but taking a run at one of their stars is the only real response here.

A fight does nothing.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
The entire hockey world is watching this one.

I think those expecting an all-out brawl will be disappointed, but by the same token, those that expect nothing to happen are, I think, out to lunch. Everyone in our locker room is seriously pissed, tempers will flare. And with so many kids in our lineup who are critical to our future and have such bright careers ahead of them, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous and not in a good way. I am not looking forward to this game.

That is, of course, if we don't stage some sort of protest/walk out.

Reactions: Navin R Slavin

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I feel like Smith will try and fight him but it’ll look terrible they’ll barely hit each other Wilson will get the take down and that’ll be our only response

Reactions: tlk

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
The entire hockey world is watching this one.

I think those expecting an all-out brawl will be disappointed, but by the same token, those that expect nothing to happen are, I think, out to lunch. Everyone in our locker room is seriously pissed, tempers will flare. And with so many kids in our lineup who are critical to our future and have such bright careers ahead of them, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous and not in a good way. I am not looking forward to this game.

That is, of course, if we don't stage some sort of protest/walk out.

I really expect nothing to happen. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Cmox

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
the more i think about it, the more i think they absolutely have to make some kind of statement tonight. even if it's just throwing clean hits and playing chippy with an edge, slashing guys, crosschecking, stuff like that. they dont have to destroy Wilson but they have to show that they wont be pushed around even though they're a "soft" team. it's important for the future of this core of players.

of course, im completely expecting it to be like the 2001 subway series when everyone was expecting a war as retribution for the Piazza bat throwing incident in the World Series and then Shawn Estes missed Clemens with the beanball .

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The Rangers don't have the players to engage. They just don't. And so they will likely play their same soft game and get knocked around a bunch and we as fans will get frustrated.

The only hope is that we come out and win the game by a bunch of goals. If we're losing by a few and we're playing soft it's going to be infuriating.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
This is going to be a snooze.

Smith will fight someone, maybe take a run. Gauthier will try to take this opportunity to make the most of it, probably be extra physical. No one else will do anything. We likely lose like 5-3 again and Wilson has a couple points.

Just watch for the kids in the top six.

Reactions: tlk

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This is where I decide whether I am in or out in regards to K'Andre Miller. He doesn't necessarily have to fight but this is going to be a big boy game. You can't be a 6'5" passenger on this ride. You gotta get behind the wheel and do some of the driving. He has been better on the physicality front but they need him to be a force tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad