GDT: GAME 53: Saturday, February 11th, 2023 Winnipeg Jets vs. Chicago Blackhawks 9:00pm - TSN3/CJOB/Power97

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I’m listening to the Hawks pxp. I like going to bed without a migraine.

If Doc Emrick and Eddie O were still doing it, I'd listen to every game they did. The right team makes all the difference. One of my fondest memories as a young man in the pre-Jets-2.0 days was listening to Penguins games on the extremely-nascent-tech of "internet radio" solely because they had Mike Lange and Phil Bourque (the ol' two-niner!). I remember the first time there were grumblings about the Coyotes imploding, and I emailed between intermissions and PB read my letter.. "what are the odds that Winnipeg gets their team back in the next two years?" He said "50-50, but I'm sure it'll happen one day".

You know what I miss about NHL internet radio for games? If you were still listening to the feed when the game ended, you got an endless loop of 'rink sounds'; of course if you disconnected you couldn't get back because the link was closed, but if you just wanted to listen to it for an hour or more (as I did, while I worked) it was like ASMR, I guess, before there was ASMR.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Have some of the fans tapped out and realized it was past their bedtime?
Hey, I'm still awake...sort of...

giphy.gif

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'm sure everyone will be pleased to hear Ste Anne held off a late-game Red River push to take game one of their series.

Some nice spice at the end of the game. The Ste Anne goalie I think was about to full on baseball swing his stick at a guy, but wiped out as he was winding up, and then just punched him.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Why the heck do hockey players push opposing players into their own goalie? Never understood that.

Fishing for an interference call-off in case the goal goes in. A gamble that, given the deplorable state of NHL officiating, seems statistically sound at first blush.

I'm sure everyone will be pleased to hear Ste Anne held off a late-game Red River push to take game one of their series.

Hey now, that's the major thoroughfare in my Glenwood you're dissing. I *will* cheer for a road, if that's what it takes.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Fishing for an interference call-off in case the goal goes in. A gamble that, given the deplorable state of NHL officiating, seems statistically sound at first blush.

Hey now, that's the major thoroughfare in my Glenwood you're dissing. I *will* cheer for a road, if that's what it takes.

I see this in all levels of hockey, and I always laugh.

It's really funny when the rest of the team goes after the guy who was pushed, while the guy who did the pushing just stands there sheepishly because he knows it's his fault.

This game:

200w.gif

I kid for the board, but actually I really like this Ste Anne team. Portage is just a juggernaut this year though.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I see this in all levels of hockey, and I always laugh.

It's really funny when the rest of the team goes after the guy who was pushed, while the guy who did the pushing just stands there sheepishly because he knows it's his fault.

200w.gif

It's like those videos where a woman catches her male partner cheating with another woman... so she attacks the other woman?! As opposed to, you know, her perfidious partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce