GDT: Game 53: Columbus vs. Vancouver | 2/9 7PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
BTW, the power play... if you watch them during the streak they were getting set up in the zone quickly, usually within 10 seconds of starting the puck up the ice. Not any more... it's like we're watching a different team.

Doesn't help that we have grown immune to faceoff wins

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
BTW, the power play... if you watch them during the streak they were getting set up in the zone quickly, usually within 10 seconds of starting the puck up the ice. Not any more... it's like we're watching a different team.

I stand by the fact that we played a different system first half of the season and the league caught up. At points (and I've not watched that closely) we even dumped the system and went back to the traditional way. So at this point since we don't have a schematic advantage we are relying on effort and skill/talent. The effort has been below average and we are not an ultra talented team (like a Pittsburgh). So we are clearly regressing to the mean. Doesn't mean we can't be good but will take a lot more effort than the boys are putting out now.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Pathetic.

Every time, in the past 16 seasons, this team has given the fans and citizens a reason to rally around this team and spend their money to come watch them, they have turned and chased them away.

This 7 game home stand is the longest in the history of the franchise. It feels like this team is about to go 1-5-1 or 2-5. Lord, please let me be incorrect, but it feels like the Jackets are about to chase their fans away again.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Lord, please let me be incorrect,

talladeganights005.jpg

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, this has been fun. The last 2 games that I have attended were last nights game, and the Ottawa game.

Good ****ing times!

Thought last nights game was the sloppiest that I have seen the Jackets play. I don't even think that they ever really tested Miller, and any solid chance they had they missed the net completely.

Sad to say, but if there has been a game this season where you could resurrect the "same old Jackets" label, this game was it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well, this has been fun. The last 2 games that I have attended were last nights game, and the Ottawa game.

Good ****ing times!

Thought last nights game was the sloppiest that I have seen the Jackets play. I don't even think that they ever really tested Miller, and any solid chance they had they missed the net completely.

Sad to say, but if there has been a game this season where you could resurrect the "same old Jackets" label, this game was it.

Last nights play reminded me of the play/morale from 0-7 at the beginning of last year.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
When my fiance can tell the effort is lacking, thats a big red flag. To her just skating around the ice is putting forth effort most of the time. The fact that they talk about the "emotional level" of games is embarassing.

Agree with the consensus Gagne should sit. I still think he can be traded at the deadline if we can get a second or something for him. Flip that to LV to have them not take Anderson or Karlsson.

Also, I think Calvert can be replaced next season. He's a good pk'er, and can create a scoring chance here and there, but he is pushed off the puck or knocked down pretty easily especially when he takes the puck behind the opponents net. Sorry Matty, but I'd give his spot to Bjork, and let him have a shot. You can fill his role as a penalty killer. I'm sure folks on here will disagree, but I had that thought a few times last night, and quite often recently.

Murray was brutal last night. Not just on the goal that Megna blew past him on, but he passed one right in front of the net last night that ended up on a Canucks stick. Luckily bob made the save. He made a few decent offensive plays, but I recall yelling at the tv on one in particular where he made a nice move and was cruising towards the net with a nice shot lane, and just decides to throw it to the middle where it was promptly picked off.

They are beyond frustrating to watch right now. I know this is the ups and down of the 82 game season, but c'mon now. I could go on, but I'm sure nobody really cares to read my rants. haha

Gonna go watch the Monsters tonight, and probably be just as frustrated since they can't score either.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
It seems we burn 30 seconds just to set up.

Really they've been fortunate to get set up in even that amount of time. A lot of times they are struggling to get set up more than once per 2 minute minor. They've been having to dump the puck in and battle on the boards in an attempt to get set up. This wastes a lot of time. Earlier in the year Werenski would skate up, there would be a quick fake and a pass or two, and boom, they were set up. No dump and chase. (Winning faceoffs would help, too, but I'm still disturbed that they can't do something they did consistently very well earlier in the season).

It seems like first what fell apart were the set plays (like the Gagner tip) that were very effective during and before the streak. They started just slowly passing the around the top and perimeter, which put no one out of position, and basically wasted most of the penalties doing this. Now they are struggling to even set up. I don't know if it was Carolina or who figured them out exactly, but the power play was a strong weapon that has been mostly neutralized.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What I am really sick of is hearing the players talk about needing emotions, etc. Good lord. You can't get emotional about winning a home birth int he Cup Playoffs? Give me a friggin break. I am also sick of hearing Torts saying he does not know what to do to do with them. Just friggin do what you did for six weeks in November thru December. Why is that so hard?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What I am really sick of is hearing the players talk about needing emotions, etc. Good lord. You can't get emotional about winning a home birth int he Cup Playoffs? Give me a friggin break. I am also sick of hearing Torts saying he does not know what to do to do with them. Just friggin do what you did for six weeks in November thru December. Why is that so hard?

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

Players do not see winning home berth by beating VAN "emotionally" in early Feb.
That's the issue with this young team - effort tied too much to emotion.

Torts is doing what he did in Nov-Dec...it isn't working right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad