brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Last edited:

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
8 PM start? Argghhhh

Let's keep the home winning streak alive boys and show Vancouver how to beat a good team :) Should be a good one.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Seen this strange narrative from some of the whinier/bitch ass fanbases lately. I'm not even sure exactly what it's insinuating. McDavid gets too much praise for his highlight reel goals? I certainly didn't miss that Kings one on social media or SportsCentre last night....

Anyways, hopefully a good team shakes them out of this habit of playing almost every game since Vegas this exact same way:

First Period: Play ok in the first 10 mins, but pass up shooting chances and are "snakebit" on others. Then the other team slowly builds momentum through the back half of the first in a period that should be lopsided if the Oilers could have just shot/finished to start.

Second Period: Total no show, top to bottom embarassment. Complete refusal to shoot the puck at all.

Third Period: Decide to skate and shoot, good results happen

A strange team this bunch is, because this isn't the first time historically that a refusal to play simple hockey has created problems for themselves. The solution is simple - just shoot it. I'm sure that they have people internally screaming it at them (this iteration and prior iterations of internal people), but they just struggle to bring themselves to do it. I don't get it.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
A strange team this bunch is, because this isn't the first time historically that a refusal to play simple hockey has created problems for themselves. The solution is simple - just shoot it. I'm sure that they have people internally screaming it at them (this iteration and prior iterations of internal people), but they just struggle to bring themselves to do it. I don't get it.

Hemsky-itis must be generationally chronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad