GDT: Game 50: Sharks vs. Kraken 7:30pm NBCSCA

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Eklund absolutely f***ing rules. As a flyers fan, watching him play just makes me jealous.

Muk looks like he belongs. I hope they keep him up even when people are healthy. And I don't know how you guys feel, but I can't even begin to find anything redeeming about Addison in the few games I've watched

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
They're made by/for the store brand of a Canadian grocery chain, President's Choice from the variously named Loblaw's grocers (Real Canadian Superstore, Independent Grocer, No Frills, and Shoppers' Drug Mart).

The whole line is a "world of flavors" set that does a variety of different unusual things. Filipino Adobo, Nashville Hot Wings, Korean BBQ, Portuguese Piri-Piri Chicken, and I think one more I can't recall at the moment (EDIT: I figured it out. It's taco). The Piri-Piri one is good too.

Those sound good. I'm all for funky flavors. But for the record, be warned about:

Lay's Spicy Duck Tongue and Lay's Sour & Spicy Chicken Feet flavors

I didn't find either pleasant.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Those sound good. I'm all for funky flavors. But for the record, be warned about:

Those sound like they're almost designed to get a "what the heck?" reaction. Like those seasonal Jones Soda releases that are supposed to taste like thanksgiving/christmas dinner elements (turkey & gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes & butter, etc)

The PC chips are all edible, though I wasn't too impressed with the nashville hot wings ones. They mostly just tasted spicy without any particular seasoning or flavor notes. Korean BBQ was nice but oddly got worse if you ate more than a few chips at a time. The adobo, piri-piri, and taco ones are the stars (taco is kinda just really cumin-y, but it's still nice). It also turns out there's a buffalo & blue cheese flavor too but I've never seen it.

I don't always shop at those grocers, but PC brand stuff in general has some good stuff for a store brand. I guess because it's more their prestige/fancy store brand and they have a separate brand to be the cheaper-than-brand-name option (literally called "no name" brand). They have a Bubly style run of sparkling waters in quirky and very good flavors. They had watermelon before Bubly did (and it's miles better) and also have pineapple & coconut, peach & mango (I know you're not big on peach stuff though. It weirdly smells peachy but tastes more like mango), and my low-key favorite: strawberry & calamansi citrus. It's like a less sweet strawberry lemonade.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009

Those sound like they're almost designed to get a "what the heck?" reaction. Like those seasonal Jones Soda releases that are supposed to taste like thanksgiving/christmas dinner elements (turkey & gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes & butter, etc)

The PC chips are all edible, though I wasn't too impressed with the nashville hot wings ones. They mostly just tasted spicy without any particular seasoning or flavor notes. Korean BBQ was nice but oddly got worse if you ate more than a few chips at a time. The adobo, piri-piri, and taco ones are the stars (taco is kinda just really cumin-y, but it's still nice). It also turns out there's a buffalo & blue cheese flavor too but I've never seen it.

I don't always shop at those grocers, but PC brand stuff in general has some good stuff for a store brand. I guess because it's more their prestige/fancy store brand and they have a separate brand to be the cheaper-than-brand-name option (literally called "no name" brand). They have a Bubly style run of sparkling waters in quirky and very good flavors. They had watermelon before Bubly did (and it's miles better) and also have pineapple & coconut, peach & mango (I know you're not big on peach stuff though. It weirdly smells peachy but tastes more like mango), and my low-key favorite: strawberry & calamansi citrus. It's like a less sweet strawberry lemonade.
If i remember, i'll take a photo of some of the Lays special varieties we have here in BKK. Some wild ones

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Great to hear.

Am I the only one very impressed by Emberson? He's looked like a legit #4/5 defenseman in the past dozen games or so.
I thought he was playing better before his injury/re-injury, which is to be expected, but even tonight though he had some wobbles he still looked mostly solid. But these are the ups and downs of young players--and just the fact that he has many of us thinking he might have a 4/5 future is exciting.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Vlasic, one of the longest-tenured players in Sharks history and one of only two players in franchise history to appear in at least 1,200 career games, scored for the second time in as many contests to tally his 81st career goal and 13th career game winner.

VlasicMedia-31015829.png

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17654

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: