GDT: Game 50: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 2/3 7PM

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Still a solid game. Happy we didn't look like garbage.
Saddened I was stuck with Pens feed. Arrogance like no other

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This was a tough way to lose - Dubi trying to do too much, refs protecting The Kid, and then left with a tough 4 on 3.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I don't get the *****ing about the penalty. That's a textbook example of a hooking.

Should be more issues with Saad missing a wide open net by 5 feet or the poor change that even lead to the call.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Happy we rallied to get a point. Wasn't even really expecting that the way we played for the majority of the game.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I don't get the *****ing about the penalty. That's a textbook example of a hooking.

Should be more issues with Saad missing a wide open net by 5 feet or the poor change that even lead to the call.

He just tapped him on the shoulder. Didn't pull him down or affect his shot at all
But yeah no doubt about Saad's open net

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

There were lots of textbook hooking. But the whistle comes out then?

LoveCBJ

Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
No call on the hooking by the Pens on the face-off. Pulled our players leg so they couldn't get to the puck. Must have been a memo sent the past week not to call many penalties. Could have been 2 pts. but I'll take it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Anyone have a replay of the Saad miss? I would like to see it again.

We played a damn good game from puck drop. We fought back and got a point. We could have won that game, which is impressive considering Pittsburgh is probably the 2nd best team in the league. We'll take the point and hopefully play that same way tomorrow against Jersey. If we do we will win.

Hell of a game from 17 and 38, regardless of the turnover in the OT.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That tap on Crosby's elbow by Atkinson in OT was the worst hooking call I've seen in 50 years......

100% Super Star baby call .......

That said, good point... They did well coming back and must beat them tomorrow, we will be facing these losers in the playoffs...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
[=Bobcat110;127705625]We own 3 on 3[/QUOTE]

Not with Dubi getting the bulk of the time out there. We only own 3 on 3 because of Wennberg and Jones being ridiculously talented in open space.

Next time Torts wants to reward a players good game, give him a pat on the back, not Wennberg's 3 on 3 time.

He just tapped him on the shoulder. Didn't pull him down or affect his shot at all
But yeah no doubt about Saad's open net

It did affect his shot. Watch again.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
That tap on Crosby's elbow by Atkinson in OT was the worst hooking call I've seen in 50 years......

100% Super Star baby call .......

That said, good point... They did well coming back and must beat them tomorrow, we will be facing these losers in the playoffs...

Especially based on the tone the refs had set all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad