GDT: Game 50: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 2/3 7PM

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
My point is I am sick of people gushing over Wennberg's modest but reasonable contributions (including 3 x 3) when you have Cam who will have almost as many assists plus 40 goals.

Why can't we have both?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So much misery in here. Three out of four points from road games at the Rangers and Penguins and most posts have a negative slant.

We played a pretty good game last night with a mess of a D corp, and you can't convince me Pittsburgh is better. If the defense is healthy I'm certainly not afraid of them if it's the first round pairing.

First bold: Where? everyone seemed pretty upbeat after the game to me.

Second bold: While yes our D was a mess, they were without Letang for the first game, and without Malkin for last nights game. They weren't exactly full force either.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
First bold: Where? everyone seemed pretty upbeat after the game to me.

Second bold: While yes our D was a mess, they were without Letang for the first game, and without Malkin for last nights game. They weren't exactly full force either.

True, but their D was, and they were handing the Jackets pucks all night long. We saw in the third, as soon as the Jackets started to connect easy passes it became a different game.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Let's see, Wennberg hs 12 more assists than Cam and Cam has 15 MORE GOALS than Wennberg. I think that puts Cam ahead in points. But more importantly, you win in OT by putting the puck in the net and Cam has been pretty darn good at it.

OR should I ask, how many goals did Wennberg score during the 3 X 3 in the All Star game ???

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Let's see, Wennberg hs 12 more assists than Cam and Cam has 15 MORE GOALS than Wennberg. I think that puts Cam ahead in points. But more importantly, you win in OT by putting the puck in the net and Cam has been pretty darn good at it.

OR should I ask, how many goals did Wennberg score during the 3 X 3 in the All Star game ???

I think Wennberg's skill set really shines in 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 formats. He protects the puck for longer and passes cleaner than just about anyone else we got. That's what 3 v 3 success depends on - having the puck.

I didn't intend for anyone to be offended. I don't know why people are even discussing the regulation stats.

That and I'll say that some of these arguments are just facile. No one who watched Thornton and Cheechoo would make these claims of yours. Sometimes the player who scores more goals is better, and sometimes they're not.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

I still don't understand why we have to choose between the two. :dunno:

You don't win in OT if you don't score, but you don't score if you don't have the puck. Wennberg excels at puck possession and puck control. This is just a goofy discussion, IMO. You're not going to put three pure shooters out there. You're going to put a C a W and a D out there, or even two W and no D, but you're never going to roll out a 3v3 line that doesn't have a C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad