Pre-Game Talk: Game 5: Tampa @ Toronto - April 27th, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Gotta be honest, keeping one of your best offensive players out of the lineup because they made a miraculous 3 goal comeback is insane to me. That isn't a recipe for success, they aren't going to do that again. Seems like a big unforced error
In fairness, Jarnkrok played equally well on the top line. Knies has been good and gets a chance in the top 6, while neither Bunting or Jarnkrok did much playing 3rd line.

Bunting without Matthews/Marner does not produce so the only move would be to keep Knies with ROR on the third line.

I guess Keefe thout rewarding Knies was more important

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
What a beautiful day tomorrow will be boys and girls, just tremendous. Tomorrow, April 27th, 2023. Is a day that could change the very future of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Tomorrow is an opportunity to stick up their middle fingers to the past, to start re-writing Leafs history in a positive tone again, tomorrow is an opportunity to make a statement that the Toronto f'ckin Maple Leafs are back.

All these past failures could be erased and forgiven with just ONE good god damn solid 60 minute effort tomorrow. Take control of your fate boys. Finish it in 5, make the city and the country proud of you.

GO LEAFS GO

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Just f***ING WIN TOMORROW NIGHT!!! Whether it's 1-0/2-1/3-2/4-3/5-4 in Triple O.T or blow their doors off 7-1. JUST f***ING END THEM TOMORROW!!! Treat tomorrow like it's game 7 and finish them off.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I get not wanting to mess with a winning line-up but no Bunting and Liljegren still not getting a look over Holl is gross. Why is it so hard for Keefe to ice his best possible line-up?
remember last year when Holl's game took a huge nose dive the peeps were going crazy accusing him of being all manner of things, except for a few folks that mentioned that his partner didn't seem right and of course it was because he was dragging Muzz down, except that he wasn't. Muzzin was trying to play through what now looks like career ending stuff.

Holl isnt the kind of Dman who can do both jobs at once, not many are. Do you remember Kaberle struggling like a rookie, getting constantly burned, coughing up pucks like they were free? Then all of a sudden Gardiner goes on IR with a back injury that needs a lot of surgery and rehab, Kabs gets a new partner and pretty soon back to normal.

The opposition notices that one guy seems to be doing all the work and so that guy becomes a target and his game goes to hell in a hurry, while the other guy isn't getting noticed because hes not involved. I'am not saying that Gio is hurt, but what I am saying is that it looks like he needs a little time off to refill his tank. His first step seems to be in slo-mo, he's not winning board battles like he should, Leaving Gio in is no different than leaving in Thornton and expecting him to perform a top 6 role. I'd rather see Liljegren in, he might alleviate the pressure for Holl and give the Buds another reliable pair instead of what theyre getting from Gio/Holl, he'll certainly bring more speed and a little more offense than what Gio is providing now.

The Leafs will need Gio at his 39 year old best if they advance, and Liljegren needs ice time, if Holl doesn't get better then he comes out for Gio whe Gio is ready to go again.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
remember last year when Holl's game took a huge nose dive the peeps were going crazy accusing him of being all manner of things, except for a few folks that mentioned that his partner didn't seem right and of course it was because he was dragging Muzz down, except that he wasn't. Muzzin was trying to play through what now looks like career ending stuff.

Holl isnt the kind of Dman who can do both jobs at once, not many are. Do you remember Kaberle struggling like a rookie, getting constantly burned, coughing up pucks like they were free? Then all of a sudden Gardiner goes on IR with a back injury that needs a lot of surgery and rehab, Kabs gets a new partner and pretty soon back to normal.

The opposition notices that one guy seems to be doing all the work and so that guy becomes a target and his game goes to hell in a hurry, while the other guy isn't getting noticed because hes not involved. I'am not saying that Gio is hurt, but what I am saying is that it looks like he needs a little time off to refill his tank. His first step seems to be in slo-mo, he's not winning board battles like he should, Leaving Gio in is no different than leaving in Thornton and expecting him to perform a top 6 role. I'd rather see Liljegren in, he might alleviate the pressure for Holl and give the Buds another reliable pair instead of what theyre getting from Gio/Holl, he'll certainly bring more speed and a little more offense than what Gio is providing now.

The Leafs will need Gio at his 39 year old best if they advance, and Liljegren needs ice time, if Holl doesn't get better then he comes out for Gio whe Gio is ready to go again.

Holls PK the last 3 games is what has him in the line up (I think). He's had a real good game (3), one ok game (2) a bad game (4), and a bed shitter (1). If he doesn't play at least ok, then it's time to go to Lilly.

With all of that said, Brodie has been really bad for Brodie and Gio hasn't been a lot better. Thank God the other 3 dudes have been mostly stellar

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Jarnkrok-Matthews-Nylander
Knies-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-O’Reilly-Acciari
AstonReese-Kampf-Lafferty
Extra: Bunting, Simmonds​

McCabe-Brodie
Giordano-Holl
Rielly-Schenn
Gustafsson-Liljegren
Mete-Timmins​

Samsonov
Woll
Kallgren

The Nylander with Matthews people will be happy.

wouldn't change anything there. I think Knies should get time with the big boys, after his first game I thought he'd need some development time with the Marlies(I know he can't be assigned there this year), but I am amazed at how quickly he carved out a role on the team, watching him and thinking of how McMann played when he got his chance is night and day. I 'm going to say that he looks like he might become a really special player for the Buds. Think about him all grown up in 4 years, another 10 pounds of muscle on his frame and no longer willing to take any oppositions BS. I really hope I'm around to see it.
I was 10 the last time the Leafs were in the middle of winning three Cups in a row.
I was 8 the first time I saw the cup in 62
Like the Flyers vs the Red Army in '76, I see the Leafs beating the Lightning into submission. John Cooper waves the troops off the ice and they piss off back to Clearwater.

"They're goin' home! Ya! They're goin' home" - Bob Cole

I'm going home, see my baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad