Post-Game Talk: Game 5: Nucks 3 @ Sens 0 | Can't live if living is without Nilsson

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I've reached the point where it's more entertaining to discuss how depressing the Canucks are rather than watching the on ice product. At least I have you fine people to laugh with. :laugh:

Reactions: vancityluongo

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Gonna be a SNOOZER imo Im thinking 3-1 Sens our goal by Horvat which will annoy Green and any remaining fan boys here

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
About the only hope for the Canucks is that the Sens might fall victim to that dreaded "first home game back from a road-trip" blahs....but not betting on it. Markstrom will have to be 'all-world' and few signs of that yet this season.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The apparent lineup changes largely make sense to me. Granlund back with the Twins and it was time to split up Horvat and Baertschi, who haven't had the same chemistry so far this year.

Interesting angles are Chaput or Virtanen, and which goalie to start.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I am just numb to everything about this team right now.

I have so much anger and frustration built up seeing my team destroyed in front of my eyes, but I just don't care enough anymore. I literally don't give a **** about 90% of the players on this team.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Horvat will continue to live on reputation - aka his two goals in gm 1 - and not record a point

Baertschi will play like an AHLer, as usual

Boeser will score a goal

Hutton will be the worst player on the ice for a 5th straight game

Vanek will be sneaky good

Sedins will look totally fine, but play too many PP minutes

Whoever our starrtng goalie is won't be good enough

Gagner sucks

Granlund will be underutilized

Tanev is a rock solid top pair dman wasting his prime on this team

Senators will win. Hopefully Burrows scores?

Reactions: Canucks LB

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Hutton will be the worst player on the ice for a 5th straight game

Hutton is not even the worst player on our defense, let alone the worst player on the ice.

Neither has Stecher for that matter, the worst person on defense right now is hands down Gudbranson.

Worst player on the ice goes to Dorsett.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
4-2 Nux.

Also, first time were not in Ottawa for Novemberance day in at least two seasons...

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I only get to attend one game a year (well, two last year because of Detroit) so I will break with my apathy for this one night and cheer on the team to win this one game. Mostly just because it's fun to high-five strangers from BC while on the road, and marvel at how many counterfeit jerseys our fans – and only our fans – have.

Last year the game was an awful 1-0 loss; it would be nice to have something to cheer about, if only temporarily.

Reactions: Hollywood Burrows

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Ottawa will trap the crap out of this slow team, look for a lot of odd man rushes going the other way. Karlsson will have a monster game.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
The hate Hutton has been getting is hilarious. Yeah he's been snake-bitten but at least he's putting himself in positions to score and generating offense. Defensive gaffes are overstated as well.

So far..
Tanev > Edler > Hutton > Del Zotto > Stecher/Gudbranson

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
The hate Hutton has been getting is hilarious. Yeah he's been snake-bitten but at least he's putting himself in positions to score and generating offense. Defensive gaffes are overstated as well.
If it's like last year, he'll have a ton of support from family and friends at this game, as he comes from this region. Possibly Gudbranson as well.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
just tank, this draft is supposedly the one of the deepest since 2003...

and dahlin is a very, very important pick...

too bad we have such bad picks, nylander not virtanen, and tkachuk not juolevi.

oh wait. f***ing benning!!!!!!!!

Reactions: OEL for Norris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad