GDT: Game 5 | Columbus @ Minnesota | 8 PM EST

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
When's the last time we've outshot an opponent by that much? Feel like games we've won in the last few years have mostly been us getting outshot

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Like a game with 24 saves on 25 shots thru 2 including 17 in the 2nd while sick? Seems like that fits. Even the Flyers game was 2 goals on 35 shots. Thats the definition of giving your team a chance to win
He WAS good that game. I even said so in the GDT. A solid outing is not standing on your head.
But when he plays like crap, I'm going to call that out too.

Reactions: Napoli

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I know there were a lot of negative voices after a couple of games but this team has looked solid for the last two

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Great game. :thumbu: It's not just about play itself, it's about the fact that despite going from 2:0 to 2:3 and then 4:3 to 4:4, the team still won.
Fantilli's line looked very good, Adam was excellent.
Jack tried hard and was rewarded for it. Even on the boards he played great.
Elvis is over the flu. Supposedly he wasn't 100% yet.
I'm curious to see how the lines will look after Laine's return and what position Patrik will play.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If Laine is good to go sooner than later I wonder if we are better off putting Laine with Johnson. Fantilli looked good playing on a faster line and Johnson could use some more skill on his line. Probably keep Sillinger there also as hes been looking better

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If Laine is good to go sooner than later I wonder if we are better off putting Laine with Johnson. Fantilli looked good playing on a faster line and Johnson could use some more skill on his line. Probably keep Sillinger there also as hes been looking better
JG-Jenner-Marchenko
Texier-Fantilli-Roslovic
KJ-Laine-Sillinger
Danforth-Kuraly-Bemstrom

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The team looked better overall, besides, unlike Jack, Patrik is not in ideal shape yet. We'll see how it goes, I think if Jack continues to play like this, Pascal will have nice problems.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The team looked better overall, besides, unlike Jack, Patrik is not in ideal shape yet. We'll see how it goes, I think if Jack continues to play like this, Pascal will have nice problems.
Laine is fine, he just plays a different style of game than Fantilli. Its why I pointed out the speed Roslovic brings to the line. Also playing with Johnson is obviously not a demotion or negative for Laine, thats just honestly a beautifully balanced top 9. Looks so obvious now to me but never saw it before :laugh:

That brief 4th line appearance looks like it did Roslovic some good atleast for now. Thats whats coaches are supposed to be able to do so good on Vincent for that

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

The way Jack is now, he should play with Patty. They have the chemistry, just needs a puck digger in the line.

Their chemistry was very clear in the cap city tournament, they were head and shoulders above others

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Laine is fine, he just plays a different style of game than Fantilli. Its why I pointed out the speed Roslovic brings to the line. Also playing with Johnson is obviously not a demotion or negative for Laine, thats just honestly a beautifully balanced top 9. Looks so obvious now to me but never saw it before :laugh:

That brief 4th line appearance looks like it did Roslovic some good atleast for now. Thats whats coaches are supposed to be able to do so good on Vincent for that
I agree, besides the two little ones always have great chemistry. Only, if that's the case, all three lines should have about the same amount of time. And let's not forget that Jack hasn't played very consistently in the past.
Anyway, I'm curious to see what the situation will be when Chinakhov returns and Voronkov comes in.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I agree, besides the two little ones always have great chemistry. Only, if that's the case, all three lines should have about the same amount of time. And let's not forget that Jack hasn't played very consistently in the past.
Anyway, I'm curious to see what the situation will be when Chinakhov returns and Voronkov comes in.
Vincent has shown a desire to balance lines icetime anyway so that should match up nicely. Having 3 lines that hopefully come in waves offensively can be very valuable as it was tonight in the 2nd half of a back to back and the team was able to keep its energy level high. 4th line was fantastic at earning offensive zone faceoffs tonight so hopefully that continues

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If you remember, this is what I've always written about. Only teams like that can win in the PO. Either three offensive lines like Florida, or two and one in the Goodrow -- Gourde -- Coleman way in Tampa. With warriors, scorers and good centers in each line. That's why Toronto played so poorly in the PO. It had only two attacks capable of scoring a goal. They didn't keep up the pace.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Philly leading the division and Columbus 3rd... Just like we all predicted
Hey to be fair some of us did say that we thought we might actually push for the playoffs this year. There's too much skill on that roster for it not to click at some point.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Its starting to feel like the ship is starting to right itself after the past few years. There will be growing pains for sure the next few weeks but its starting to feel like everything is coming together slowly. We are just in that awkward teenager phase right now with this core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad