Post-Game Talk: Game 5 - BRUINS crap out in Vegas - VGK 3 BRUINS 1 FINAL

rsnook

Dec 13, 2014
Who can the Bruins loose to next? Through together a bunch of misfits and they make the Bruins look like Peewees. The lucky one is Subban...he got out before the embrassment.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dale Arnold keeps on talking about the "kids". The "kids" the Bruins have will be marginal NHL players at best, probably journeyman if that. "Kids" that teams can build around are Eichel, Matthews, Saad, Mcdavid Etc. Senyshyn's, Debrusk's or Zboril's will not even get you into the playoffs.
Can you order McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Crosby, Kane etc on-line

If not how do you get them
K thnx

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Good for Subban. I don't blame the Bruins for getting rid of him though, he just wasn't doing enough. Shame on the B's for playing a bad game. SHAME.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Dale Arnold keeps on talking about the "kids". The "kids" the Bruins have will be marginal NHL players at best, probably journeyman if that. "Kids" that teams can build around are Eichel, Matthews, Saad, Mcdavid Etc. Senyshyn's, Debrusk's or Zboril's will not even get you into the playoffs.

It dosen't matter how much talent you have if you can't match your opponents intensity, this is starting to become a worrying trend and IMO it's on the coaches. Hopefully this team will start showing up soon, we know they are a lot better then this. The Bruins should cancel the Vegas layoff plans, not deserving of the kind of fun they are going to have.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The time to rebuild this thing has passed.

Not much we can do besides be patient and see how it plays out.

I suspect they'll continue to have games like this, with out without Bergeron. Then, they'll put together some streaks and win some games that get us thinking they can get into the playoffs and do some damage.

It's going to be a roller coaster.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Duffy04

Sep 29, 2017
Not going to overreact, this was the 2nd of 2 games that were 22 hours apart with travel thrown in. Quaiders injury looked bad, hopefully it's not as bad as it looked. The bright side is we can put Miller back on the right side and maybe get a look at O'Gara

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Subban was never tested. I thought he looked shaky handling the puck behind the net and I was surprised the Bruins didn't try to exploit that. DeBrusk had a couple of good chances, but everything else hit legs, ankles, glass, or just died out.

I thought Heinen had another good game but outside of the first period, the res of the team could not get anything going.
Heinen has impressed me the last two games . He is getting much more confident handling the puck and making intelligent decisions. Not as flashy as Bjork or Debrusk but it wouldn’t surprise me if he turns out to be the best of the three .

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bergy and Backes will balance this team out once they are back. When everyone plays in their proper place, the one they are actually suited for, I think things will come together, Nash on the 1st line is not his proper place, it's just not. If was up to me Nash wouldn't be on this team never mind 1st line.

It will take some time for this team to gel but I bet dollars to donuts that this team will end the season way better than they began.

The shame is we are actually losing too many gimme games now, 2 out of 5 considering the opposition and the light schedule is a bit worrisome.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I see all the complaining, I am reading all the remarks... Did you think we were a cup contender with the beginning of a youth movement??

Let's be serious this is going to take a few years, we just started the turnover...

We need to move guys from this team, Vatrano, Beleskey, Spooner, Krejci, Backes, McQuaid, Miller, Krug, Rask all need to go..
We need to turn this team over within the next 3 years... Only then will Donato, Frederic, Lindgren, Jfk, Cehlarik, Heinen, Bjork, Debrusk, Senyshyn, Lauzon, Zboril, Carlo, McAvoy, Vaki, Studs and keeping Pasta, Bergy, Marchy... will the team be ready to make noise in the east...

Don't understand all the hate... The Bruins are not that good yet... this will take time..

The only hate I would agree with is why give away Subban and Keep Khudobin? This is the issue with this team right now. Donny does not make the right decisions when it comes to seeing the bigger picture and evaluating players. He Just doesn't. There is no way Vegas would have claimed Khudobin. None... This team is not a cup contender.. Keep the 23 year old Donny.. Come on...

Wonder if they are thinking that way in Vegas?

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No pride.
Kurally should have jumped Miller for a slash after one of the final whistles.

Perron should have been crushed.

Sbisa at least should have been challenged for his 3+ over excited hits (albeit clean).

That's only from the toughness category.

The hockey aspect was just painful to watch. The coaching staff has plenty of work to do. Spooner seems like he will be out, but Nash simply cannot be in the top 9 either.

Thank goodness Subban didn't get the too easy SO.

Well said. So far this team is one of the worse that I've seen in my 48 years of Bruins hockey. I can accept losing when a team plays up to their potential but this is ridiculous. How I know that they aren't playing up to their potential is that there is no way the effort level was 100%. I saw no passion or hunger. I saw no fire. Nothing, none of it said to me that they were determined to win. Not sure if this is a player thing or if the coaches aren't reaching inside of them and finding the determination within each player. At thi point it feels like Bergeron isn't enough to make up for what's lacking. Backes doesn't seem to have what it takes anymore to be the catalyst to affect a positive change either. Hasn't had it in a few years now. As losses add up the pressure is going to be heavy on Sweeney to save this season. I hope that he's working the phones dilligently but if feels like that isn't his style. Time will tell I guess.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It dosen't matter how much talent you have if you can't match your opponents intensity, this is starting to become a worrying trend and IMO it's on the coaches. Hopefully this team will start showing up soon, we know they are a lot better then this. The Bruins should cancel the Vegas layoff plans, not deserving of the kind of fun they are going to have.

Have we really seen much talent so far?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This may be the best post game thread ever.
Best ever was November 18, 2000

HF was relatively new maybe 30 posters

The Expansion Minnesota Wild whipped Boston 6-1

Joe Thornton is no leader lol

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Again, any team with that offensive anchor Riley Nash on the first line isn't winning ****. I'm sorry, I don't care if his faceoff percentage is 2% higher and he gets back a little quicker. The guy isn't good. He belongs on the 4th line.

He hasn't seen first line minutes since midget.

You could see how he brings down the level of Marchand and Pastrnak. All they do is dangle and lose the puck when they play with him. They don't even acknowledge him. It's a real drag on the offense. It's not the reason they lost, but so frustrating.

I hate to dump on the guy, but this all goes back to Spooner. I mean you have an "offensive" 3rd line C that you can't for one game risk moving up the line up to fill in!

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad