Matt Hunwick--Jamie Oleksiak

Casey DeSmith
Tristan Jarry

Scratches-- Matt Murray(family matter), Daniel Sprong, Ian Cole
Injuries-- Bryan Rust, Carter Rowney, Chad Ruhwedel

Sharks Lineup
Timo Meier--Joe Thornton--Joe Pavelski
Tomáš Hertl--Logan Couture--Kevin Labanc
Mikkel Boedker--Chris Tierney--Joonas Donskoi Melker Karlsson--Joel Ward--Barclay Goodrow

Joakim Ryan--Brent Burns
Marc-Édouard Vlasic--Justin Braun
Brenden Dillion--Dylan DeMelo

Aaron Dell
Troy Grosenick

Scratches--Jannick Hansen, Tim Heed
Injuries--Martin Jones

The Game

The Penguins close out their California road trip against the Sharks. The Penguins are looking to go 7-2 in 2018 and 2-1 on their California road trip. The Penguins beat the Kings, 3-1, on Thrusday with Casey DeSmith doing a great job on a back-to-back. DeSmith made 28 out of 29 saves. This left Mike Sullivan to think about going back to Tristan Jarry or stick with Casey DeSmith. Patric Hornqvist had 2 goals on Thursday with the newly formed line of Hagelin--Malkin--Hornqvist. Who would've guessed that line would work?

Stats

Penguins--
25-20-3, 5th in Metropolitan Division; Leading Scorer--Phil Kessel(21 goals, 33 assists)

Sharks--
24-14-6, 2nd in Pacific Division; Leading Scorer--Brent Burns(7 goals, 28 assists)

LGP

Last edited:

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
^lol sorry if you are on mobile. IK it’s messed up :laugh:

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I will be heading down to the game. Since we've won in SJ the last few years and I've been there for it, including the SCF, I'm hoping my good juju continues.
Unfortunately, I'm sitting no where near the Pens bench so I won't be able to give Sully an earful if Sprong is benched again. Sorry Kip....
won't be able to hand Sully my lineup card either, which does not include putting Sheary on his off wing next to Sid....if only he'd listen to me!

Reactions: John Matthews

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'll be there too. Tippity top row Pens attack 1st/3rd because I like not having people behind me and not paying resell prices for lower bowl...glad I did pay for SC tix last year though (although..literally it would have been only $100 more expensive to FLY roundtrip to Pittsburgh AND get tickets lol wtf???? I just didnt have time to make that trip).

M. Jones hasnt looked very good for a number of weeks. Likely shuts us out lol.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'll be there too. Tippity top row Pens attack 1st/3rd because I like not having people behind me and not paying resell prices for lower bowl...glad I did pay for SC tix last year though (although..literally it would have been only $100 more expensive to FLY roundtrip to Pittsburgh AND get tickets lol wtf???? I just didnt have time to make that trip).

M. Jones hasnt looked very good for a number of weeks. Likely shuts us out lol.

Yeah, I know. I'm not sure exactly where I am. Top section, Sharks side of SAP. Friend bought tix off season ticket holder...I watched us routinely lose to the Sharks back in 08-09 during first Cup times and thereafter. Then I stopped going and when I returned, they had turned it around again. Need to keep the winning going. Enjoy...should be a lot of Pens fans

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Well, Ive been distracted with the Dakar Rally...but after some recon on the SJS board...looks like it will be Dell with Grosenick backing up. Speculation that M. Jones is battling nagging injury from earlier in the season.

I swear. If they let more backups do Hasek impressions this afternoon (ugh, I have to remember to get there by 5PM damn it)...

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I hope to see Sprong back in, but I doubt it, especially after a win.

They do need to start stringing together some wins. They're really not that far back of even the upper seeds if they can go on a couple decent win streaks. We have a great record against the metro recently, so not getting the last seed and fighting Tampa/Boston/Toronto gives us way better odds imo

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I hope to see Sprong back in, but I doubt it, especially after a win.

They do need to start stringing together some wins. They're really not that far back of even the upper seeds if they can go on a couple decent win streaks. We have a great record against the metro recently, so not getting the last seed and fighting Tampa/Boston/Toronto gives us way better odds imo

I’d imagine he’d be back in. Yeah we won but pretty much on the back of HGH, De Smith and LA not really being much of a scoring threat. Jake should go back to 3C for now.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So...Sprong back to WBS after the road trip? him and Simon got Crosby going, might aswell send both back and bring back the shit Pens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad