GDT: Game 48: Columbus at Nashville | 1/26 8PM

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
He'd yell a two-word expletive that rhymes with "duck shoe" at you, but he's already done that tonight with an open mic.

Odds that it picks up with the media? When it happened I thought it was a player yelling it at him - lol

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Uh guys, the clock is running.... might want to shoot

Damn... brutal ending but better than rolling over after going down 3-1, and 4-2

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
What the heck was that at the end? Shoot the puck.

Better compete level on the road tonight. Bob wasn't that great.

Jackets were a strong road team earlier in the season. Lately they've just not been able to step up. I hope this is isn't a harbinger of the rest of the season but right now they look like a middle of the road team.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
They played better but still not good enough. Bob wasn't good enough. Have to clean up that 2nd period. It's costing them games.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
We seem to have fallen into a pattern of good start, good finish and bad in-between.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Ryan Murray - "Sometimes you have to weather the storm" If you mean watching the other team skate around you in the 2nd period and hope you can come back in the 3rd, it's not working. Start taking the game, all 60 minutes, to your opponent like you did in December!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Here's to hoping the break serves some type of rejuvenation as playing in New York om Tuesday night isn't going to be easy.

Sure would be a prime time to turn things around though!

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I'm really puzzled by the atrocious play on the road.

From 11/10 to 1/3 they went 10-0-1 on the road and since then they are 1-6, a lot of these against average to mediocre teams.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm really puzzled by the atrocious play on the road.

From 11/10 to 1/3 they went 10-0-1 on the road and since then they are 1-6, a lot of these against average to mediocre teams.

Yikes. Perhaps we are also mediocre to average as well

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
lets be realistic, the streak was a fluke. Reality has set in, this is the real bluejackets, the same jackets we've always had....:popcorn:

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
lets be realistic, the streak was a fluke. Reality has set in, this is the real bluejackets, the same jackets we've always had....:popcorn:

I can understand a 6 or 8 game streak, but a 16 game fluke? They were something like 9-2-3 the month before that as well. Maybe this team is going to break the mold, though. They haven't looked like a quality team since the first two periods of that Rags game and they're a 100 miles from where they were against Minnesota.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I can understand a 6 or 8 game streak, but a 16 game fluke? They were something like 9-2-3 the month before that as well. Maybe this team is going to break the mold, though. They haven't looked like a quality team since the first two periods of that Rags game and they're a 100 miles from where they were against Minnesota.

Ranger game opening night last year staggered them, and they never recovered. I fear of this happening again

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Start taking the game, all 60 minutes, to your opponent like you did in December!

If it was so easy and would not require any sophisticated structure for it to work to your favour why would not at least 25 teams be winning at the very moment? More of this mind-numbing 'shoot' and 'mental' discussion around the team surely will get the job done... How you make the bed is how you lie.

Porin Ässät sold their gold helmet in January. They got it together under Karri Kivi (future WJC U-20 gold coach) with meidän peli and Porian madness and won SM-liiga as underdogs against all the odds.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I want to test a theory. Could folks watch Arvidsson and confirm whether or not he looks like a young Atkinson to y'all as well? The comparison keeps coming up in my mind and I don't know if it's a fair one or not.

That said, Go Jackets! :D

The only chance I got to watch Arvidson I noticed he got knocked off the puck like Cam used to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad