GDT: Game 47: Anaheim Ducks vs Buffalo Sabres, 7pm PT, ESPN+, Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4711.gif

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Terry took only one short shift after he returned from injury. Zell didn't play at all in the final 7 minutes or so.

I didn't even notice it. Thanks. I just hope it was precautionary, otherwise we post-sacrificed Terry to bring Zell up.

Started late watching on Hulu. Wanted to start from the beginning and I couldn't skip over the long ads to where I'd be able to catch up to start participating on the boards. Didn't want to read the boards and have the game spoiled.

For what felt like an eternity late in the third, I thought we found another way to lose. Didn't relent, got the EN, got into a team scuffle, and let the dads hold one over on their kids tonight.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
The turtling in the third was shameful, but that was the most confidently the Ducks have played all season. I wish we could play Buffalo every game.

Reactions: lwvs84

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Understandably looks as though last night was the final straw for many Sabres fans. Their fandom has essentially been ours if we didn't get to enjoy 2007-2015, and they are a city that lives through their sports teams more than most. I come from the same small town as one of their all time fan favourites, have always had a bit of a soft spot for them. The fans deserve better IMO, and the team should be better based on the talent they have there. Change seems inevitable at this point, coach/GM or both.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Understandably looks as though last night was the final straw for many Sabres fans. Their fandom has essentially been ours if we didn't get to enjoy 2007-2015, and they are a city that lives through their sports teams more than most. I come from the same small town as one of their all time fan favourites, have always had a bit of a soft spot for them. The fans deserve better IMO, and the team should be better based on the talent they have there. Change seems inevitable at this point, coach/GM or both.
Agreed, looking at the names on their roster they should be the 6th to 8th seed team in East.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That 2nd period was something. Not sure if the Ducks actually played great or is Buffalo that bad?

That Leo chance, if he scored there, would gave even a highlight goal, had the most SOG in a game for his NHL career, really wished he got on the score-sheet. He Looked dangerous till they decided to turtle in the 3rd, lol.

Hoping Zell is here to stay, PP looked so much better. Thought he was solid at ES, nothing too crazy. That is all I asked.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like that was our best game since Christmas….

Zellweger still has a lot to learn but he has potential to be special player. His skating shot and hands are all high level

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
That 2nd period was something. Not sure if the Ducks actually played great or is Buffalo that bad?

That Leo chance, if he scored there, would gave even a highlight goal, had the most SOG in a game for his NHL career, really wished he got on the score-sheet. He Looked dangerous till they decided to turtle in the 3rd, lol.

Hoping Zell is here to stay, PP looked so much better. Thought he was solid at ES, nothing too crazy. That is all I asked.
They were playing something close to what they were doing early in the season in that 2nd. Cronin's system requires that the D aggressively challenge puck carriers to stop progression or force dump ins that the D partner or the backcheckers are supposed to deal with.

Guys like Zell and JD (and Fowler) should be good at that but for the most part the team doesn't do it. I don't know if they don't trust each other or the system or the coach or what, but they rarely do what they're supposed to without the puck, as a unit I mean.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They were playing something close to what they were doing early in the season in that 2nd. Cronin's system requires that the D aggressively challenge puck carriers to stop progression or force dump ins that the D partner or the backcheckers are supposed to deal with.

Guys like Zell and JD (and Fowler) should be good at that but for the most part the team doesn't do it. I don't know if they don't trust each other or the system or the coach or what, but they rarely do what they're supposed to without the puck, as a unit I mean.

I think if the injuries didn’t hit so much, they’d be on the bubble at least, or like around .500. Lost too many man games to injury.

Top line is at least looking dangerous, several games in a row now. Just bummed Leo didn’t get a point, he deserved to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad