Jul 25, 2012
22337153-E9DB-4885-B8E9-0BC6C6023398.jpeg

Terry and carlsson while the Dallas dmen skates down the ice

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought you were making a fowler joke tbh
I wish I was :laugh: In my defense, I am also with a flu and in the middle of the night. But yeah, jumped way too quick on the assumptions, lol. I don't even consider myself in the Cam-hate bunch. I missed the first shift of the OT and because of the recent 4on4 thought for some reason that it's the same :laugh:

Sorry, Cam

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I love my Anaheim Ducks but the NHL is a straight Z tier "professional" sports league with this different set of rules for 1 team vs the league darlings. So I'm just here now to root for my team and to enjoy the downfall of the NHL. Which with their complete lack of concern with player safety I'm hoping it'll be sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hazy just said that a couple of things went bad on that 2v1:

1. Bad communication between Carlsson and Terry; Carlson stopped skating

2. LaCombe needed to attack the puck carrier.

I'd have to disagree with #2. The free guy was so far ahead that LaCombe was taken out of the play b/c the gap was too large. He let Gibby focus on the puck carrier than the pass. It didn't work. It's a delayed 2v1 with no forward backchecking.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
That was easily Leo’s worst performance. Other than 2 decent drives at the net he was brutal and slow. He’ll need to bounce back from that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wish I was :laugh: In my defense, I am also with a flu and in the middle of the night. But yeah, jumped way too quick on the assumptions, lol. I don't even consider myself in the Cam-hate bunch. I missed the first shift of the OT and because of the recent 4on4 thought for some reason that it's the same :laugh:

Sorry, Cam
As leader of the cam hater group, I was going to applaud you for blaming him while he was in the bench. That was next level hating.

But while we are on the hate on fowler train…. Why the hell was he on the bench anyway, he only played 22 mins, that was basically a night off for him…. No reason he should have needed a rest in overtime

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
the team should talk to the league about jordan samuels thomas, he has been an objectively awful and biased ref against us this season. truly should not have a job as an NHL ref.

Dude was an AHL ref for like one season (and by all accounts, not a good one) before he got promoted. It makes me wonder about the development of officials as a whole throughout the league.

Reactions: dracom

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
The officiating against us this year is just ridiculous and I dont know what to make of it. I'm always going to gripe about the ticky-tacky calls but I'm reasonable. If it's an obvious penalty that cant be argued, fine! Benn hacked Gudas after his hit on steal and knocked him to the ice, then when Radko jabs back at him, Benn goes high with his stick to the head and they both get sent to the box. Vaks gets tripped, everyone in the building gasped because they all saw it and no call. Leo gets annihilated behind the net and the puck hadnt even reached him and we got no call. During a battle in the corner a stars player falls to the ice and clamps down on Lacombes stick with his free arm not allowing him to make the play, no call. 4 times we should've been on the pp in the 3rd.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hazy just said that a couple of things went bad on that 2v1:

1. Bad communication between Carlsson and Terry; Carlson stopped skating

2. LaCombe needed to attack the puck carrier.

I'd have to disagree with #2. The free guy was so far ahead that LaCombe was taken out of the play b/c the gap was too large. He let Gibby focus on the puck carrier than the pass. It didn't work. It's a delayed 2v1 with no forward backchecking.
I dont think there is a correct way to defend a 2 on 1 from the other teams goal line.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Carlsson and terry are 2 guys that are seen as solid defensively usually. Not sure if they forgot it was 3 on 3 or something
I would agree but I also think it’s something you have to do all the time. One mistake/missed assignment/lazy backcheck and it’s in your net. There’s no forgiveness in the NHL and our young guys have to learn that.

I also was surprised we swapped out Fowler and left our forwards out there.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Carlsson and terry are 2 guys that are seen as solid defensively usually. Not sure if they forgot it was 3 on 3 or something
Carlsson was clearly tired. As stated above, that goal is on Cronin for leaving those two out there. He should have gotten fresh legs on the ice. It doesn't have anything to do with Carlsson and/or Terry being bad at defense.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
It was both, but more Leo. He thought Terry was going to take the man and he just stopped skating.
The way I saw it was Terry was covering Harley, but then thought Carlsson was taking him. Carlsson thought Terry was staying with his guy so he stopped skating thinking he just had to cover the late guy trailing behind the play. Terry then proceeded to skate back to try and cover the guy who LaCombe already had.

It was just a weird play and defended horribly by the Ducks.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
The officiating against us this year is just ridiculous and I dont know what to make of it. I'm always going to gripe about the ticky-tacky calls but I'm reasonable. If it's an obvious penalty that cant be argued, fine! Benn hacked Gudas after his hit on steal and knocked him to the ice, then when Radko jabs back at him, Benn goes high with his stick to the head and they both get sent to the box. Vaks gets tripped, everyone in the building gasped because they all saw it and no call. Leo gets annihilated behind the net and the puck hadnt even reached him and we got no call. During a battle in the corner a stars player falls to the ice and clamps down on Lacombes stick with his free arm not allowing him to make the play, no call. 4 times we should've been on the pp in the 3rd.
Its blatantly obvious the ref union has spread the word after Cronin undressed that one ref after the no goal video review call earlier in season.

At least that was entertaining to watch.

Leo is so f***ing talented with the puck.
ZellW gives me Vatman vibes. Kid has no fear keeping pucks in and plays like 10x his size

Reactions: robbieboy3686

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Amazing that we don't get a single PP that game. I'm not one for conspiracies but as this season especially has gone on the refereeing in our games has got worse and worse everytime Cronin speaks out.

Then again the Samuel-Thomas officiating crew is by far the worse in the NHL so maybe it's just incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce