GDT: Game 46 - Winnipeg Jets @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Lowry-Iafallo-Connor-Pionk-Morrissey
Just... put Perfetti on the left wall and let him QB it. I don't know why we haven't tried what worked like a charm in the past.

I also do not understand why coaches keep putting Lowry in there. Lowry has value to the team, but he has never been good on the PP. Ever. At least Niederreiter was good there in his prime.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Thank the Lord Baby Jesus this is a nationally televised game. I heard Carlo Coliaccavo was very concerned the rest of Canada wasn’t getting to hear enough about Auston Matthews on WST yesterday. I’m so glad I finally get to hear 4 straight hours of how great the Leafs are and how anything the Jets do relates to the Leafs.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Note that this definitely comes down to bad puck luck, but here are Ehlers's GF/60 on the 5v5 and on the PP this season:

PP: 3.48
5v5: 1.98

Oh no, wait, sorry. Got those two flipped.

5v5: 3.48
PP: 1.98
The way our PP has been this season does anyone have good numbers on it though? Looking at those 2 units the 2nd is better than the 1st.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Obviously not going to happen this season but we need a complete reset on the PP. New coach new everything.

Lowry and Iafallo on your top PP over Ehlers, Perfetti, even Namestnikov, Niederreiter. Like what in the actual f*** are we doing here.

I love what Bones has done for a lot of things, but his PP and his underuse of his 2nd offensive line are annoying.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The way our PP has been this season does anyone have good numbers on it though? Looking at those 2 units the 2nd is better than the 1st.
No one else with regular PP ice time has less than 4 GF/60.

Hell, scratch that. No one else in the LEAGUE with more than 100 minutes of PP ice time has less than 2 GF/60, and only 5 other players in the league has less than 4 GF/60.

Again, given the scoring chances generated with him on the ice, it's definitely a case of being incredibly snake bitten or cursed. But as a last ditch effort, I understand taking him off PP1.

Of course, Perfetti leads the team in GF/60 on the PP, so I can't say the reasoning completely holds water.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Reactions: Inanna

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It really sucks about these injuries at this time as I really wanted to win against the Leafs.

Just... put Perfetti on the left wall and let him QB it. I don't know why we haven't tried what worked like a charm in the past.

I also do not understand why coaches keep putting Lowry in there. Lowry has value to the team, but he has never been good on the PP. Ever. At least Niederreiter was good there in his prime.

Just load up one unit with

Ehlers-Connor-Neidereitter-Perfetti-Morrissey

and let them play 1.5 mins on the PP.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Jets are trapped imagining that Pionk is an offensive D... and that Lowry has hands. Hopefully they just plant Iafallo and Lowry in front of the net.
Yup - that's what this PP is designed for -
Get shots on net (Pionk loves to shoot - from everywhere) and net front from the larger dudes.
KC and JoMo will help with the shooting - I hope that is the plan with this group.

The second PP looks like more of a #1 actually - Names / Perfetti / Ehlers might be able to get something going.
Hopefully they get a good split on the PP i ce time.
And I don't see a #1 or 2 - more like whichever is successful gets first shot.

Edit*

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirtbag151

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Always love reading TO forum on game day when we play em.

No Scheifele/Vilardi for the Jets tonight and some career beer league back up in net?

Chalk up 2 points for the Leafs!

LB is putting up a 2.18 and .923 while their starter and I use that term lightly, is at a 3.69 and cough cough chuckle, .866

LB just won a cup playing meaningful minutes in Vegas's run

LB would be their starter this season, so if he is a career beer league goalie then they have a career beer league's minor affiliate back up goalie with Samsonov

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad