GDT: Game 46: Avs @ Leafs 1/22 5pm Mountain

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I love how you get to experience these things. So cool.

As for Colin Wilson, he's loved by everyone and apparently his GF is even more fun than he is.

Yeah, I had never met him before and would never have guessed it. Never heard anything about his personality, just knew he worked hard. Really funny guy and teammates are always trying to get his attention, seems to have a bunch of good relationships within the team. Didn't meet his significant other.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah, I had never met him before and would never have guessed it. Never heard anything about his personality, just knew he worked hard. Really funny guy and teammates are always trying to get his attention, seems to have a bunch of good relationships within the team. Didn't meet his significant other.
Feel free to share all these little Avs stories lol. I know it's been quiet for a while on that front and I know you got attacked on here before because people just often didn't want to hear the truth. But when things are going well it's always nice to hear some of the "good" stories. And for many years there probably weren't a whole lot of them. We don't need that insider info we all strive for, but it's nice to know how much fun the guys are having with one another.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I never would have thought Colin Wilson would be a character...

Until I saw that Avs Twitter video where he picked Salt n Peppa as his karaoke song lmao. That's when the light bulb went off.

Reactions: cgf

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I never would have thought Colin Wilson would be a character...

Until I saw that Avs Twitter video where he picked Salt n Peppa as his karaoke song lmao. That's when the light bulb went off.

Haha, I never saw that. Going to look back for it now.

He was sick, too. Flu going around the team. Some of the staff are sick, too.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Looking back at that disallowed goal, Bernier was in the crease, and Matthews bumped into his stick and arm, which Bernier could conceivably have used to clear that puck out of danger. Good challenge by Bednar there, I can see homer goggles making it look like a good goal, but they've called GI for less this year.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Pretty sure Colin Wilson was exceptionally well liked in Nashville.

Also, I'm still confused as to how he was a top ten pick, he's just so incredibly average skillwise.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Pretty sure Colin Wilson was exceptionally well liked in Nashville.

Also, I'm still confused as to how he was a top ten pick, he's just so incredibly average skillwise.

He was a guy that looked to have the makings of a top line power center throughout his youth and even in college he looked great. The issue came to the transition to the NHL where he wasn't bigger and stronger than everybody else... more around average sized. It just couldn't fully translate. There were times where he looked like he was just a half step away in Nashville, but it never came around.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No one mentioned this, but not only the Avs won this game, but Tampa beat the Hawks, and Kucherov didn't get a point, so MacKinnon is still 2 behind if i'm not mistaking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad