GDT: Game 45 - New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings, 10:30pm, MSG,MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Was hoping tix would drop for this one, but guess all 79 Kings fans want to welcome back Quick

Rangers put the L in LA, 5-2

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Any reason only weekend east vs east or west vs west games are afternoon? JFC

Because not everything revolves around the east coast to cater to those fans. And by the way the Rangers play two night games on Saturday at home in March.

March 9 vs. STL at 7:30pm
March 23 vs. PHI at 8:00pm

In December on the 23rd they played and beat Buffalo at home in a night game.
Considering east coast team fans when half the game involves an east coast team, crazy concept.

Just FYI when we host you guys I’d be happy to start at 4 or whatever.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Any reason only weekend east vs east or west vs west games are afternoon? JFC

Considering east coast team fans when half the game involves an east coast team, crazy concept.

Just FYI when we host you guys I’d be happy to start at 4 or whatever.
The good thing is that losing doesn't discriminate what time it is

Reactions: romba and leetch99

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX

Is anyone considering the west coast teams during the week when their teams are in the east and the game time is 7? That means it's 4 out west and a lot of people haven't even left work yet. They get home and two periods are already in the books.

It just is what it is and has been for years. No use complaining about it.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Game is so late it’s practically tomorrow

Is anyone considering the west coast teams during the week when their teams are in the east and the game time is 7? That means it's 4 out west and a lot of people haven't even left work yet. They get home and two periods are already in the books.

It just is what it is and has been for years. No use complaining about it.
Nobody on the west coast has a job

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I'd love for the team that was committed to defense and making smart decisions to show up. Going on 2 months of brain dead coverage and penalties is wearing thin.

Crazy to see a team commit to something and being successful at it so fast then completely revert back to bad habits. These growing pains were expected in October not when we need to solidify our form for the 2nd half.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Starting at 4 out west is different than starting at 10 over here. I wouldn’t mind 4 pm starts once in a while here, 10 pm starts can shove it. And 1 pm weekend afternoon starts are a thing, why can’t we use them when on the west coast???

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Not that it's impossible, but the Lakers played at home last night too.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Gotta give Quickie the start tonight. Rangers need to be extra vigilant on D and I think they will
Depends on which club shows up to play.....we have a fickle club . One just never knows what we will get . I don't believe that is the sign of a great team . I was reading on the Devils today in a flashback article ......when you stop and think....they had some very good TEAMS .....no real over the top stars but they simply worked and worked and worked and won a few Cups that way . Ranger ownership should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of success the last 30 years . We had the money....but maybe that is the root of the problems .......but still incomplete clubs . Frustrating life as a Ranger fan .

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Depends on which club shows up to play.....we have a fickle club . One just never knows what we will get . I don't believe that is the sign of a great team . I was reading on the Devils today in a flashback article ......when you stop and think....they had some very good TEAMS .....no real over the top stars but they simply worked and worked and worked and won a few Cups that way . Ranger ownership should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of success the last 30 years . We had the money....but maybe that is the root of the problems .......but still incomplete clubs . Frustrating life as a Ranger fan .
The problem all those years was not the money....but the philosophy behind how it was spent. For decades I stated that the Rangers are the only NHL team that built from the top down....you never heard of them trading for young, promising talent that could help them in the future....nor did they invest in players that would help them for the long-term....it was always the latest shiny bauble/name player (99% of who were at or past retirement age). It was very frustrating watching them year after year trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Holik (who has been vilified by Rangers fans unjustly in my opinion) is a perfect example. How do you sign the league's top checking center and promptly put him on your top line and then call him a failure because he's not scoring?

I don't recall them ever "filling a need" from the free agent market -- I don't think management even knew the term. And their consistent finishing in the middle of the pack left them in horrible draft position (not that their scouting department was anywhere close to being "average").

The one thing I agree 100% with is the whole "team" concept....outside of the last cup team and the Torts years, playing as a team seems to have been a foreign concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad