GDT: Game 45: Columbus vs. Carolina | 1/21 5PM

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I was at the game again and had to work Sunday so I'm just now getting on..

1. Holy over-reactions people. Gagner needs benched, Saad needs benched, Calvert needs benched. Are we supposed to start calling up the Cleveland Monsters every time somebody has a series of poor games. News flash- The Cleveland Monster's aren't really lighting up the scoreboards either. Bjorkstrand seems to be in a scoring drought again. Milano from what I have heard seems to be having the best season down there. Let Saad play through this little funk. I'd like to see more out of him, but I don't see the best course of action being a healthy scratch or two for him and replacing him with somebody not as good. I'm fine with Hannikainen filling in for Calvert in this game, brings a similar element.

2. I was more upset at these 4 drunk Jacket fans in front of me than the Jacket's play. My girlfriend had to calm me down. Saying "F this team, this team is complete ****" "**** you Bob", started booing us. Started throwing up the middle finger to our Jackets. Every 3 words was a censored cuss word.

That kind of stuff bothers me a little bit. Just can't see spending money going to a game just to yell profanities at our player's, teams after 1 bad period of hockey, and throwing up the middle finger to this team. This team is a heck of a lot better than years past. We won 16 games in a row, and now we have reached a bit of a lull which isn't too uncommon in an 82 game NHL season with some great parity. We ended up coming up with a win in regulation anyways. We probably didn't deserve some of these points, but we did come away with 3 wins in the last 4 games. Not too shabby.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
2. I was more upset at these 4 drunk Jacket fans in front of me than the Jacket's play. My girlfriend had to calm me down. Saying "F this team, this team is complete ****" "**** you Bob", started booing us. Started throwing up the middle finger to our Jackets. Every 3 words was a censored cuss word.

IMO, this is what ushers are for. I'm all for people doing what they want within reason, but as soon as they start this kind of crap, it's either going to be saying something to them or escalating it to an usher. They'll be watched and removed. NWA (and the NHL) is not tolerant of this stuff.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
IMO, this is what ushers are for. I'm all for people doing what they want within reason, but as soon as they start this kind of crap, it's either going to be saying something to them or escalating it to an usher. They'll be watched and removed. NWA (and the NHL) is not tolerant of this stuff.

Thanks for the info. Probably will involve the ushers if it gets like that again. Wasn't in my usual STH seats, so I'm thankful for that. Been going to games for 6-7 years and I've never seen anything that bad. Think the most disappointing thing was seeing all the cussing coming from people wearing CBJ gear and the profanities directed at our team after just 1 bad period of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad