GDT: Game 45: Columbus vs. Carolina | 1/21 5PM

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Tort's said something like this:

I didn't do a good job of coaching tonight.

I don't know if I've ever heard a CBJ coach say something like that after a game before.

I can say this: There hasn't been a point in this franchise's history where we would actually hear that after a game we WON. In the past, that's something we'd have heard after a game we lost in the last minute.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Thanks for the GDT...I missed most of the game so I came here and just read the seven pages. From what I saw it was ugly and if we play that way against anyone but Leighton we lose. This team looks nothing like the one that won sixteen in a row (other than Bobs) :(

Everyone's bashing on Prout and I get it...he deserves it but the bright side is that Harrington looks more than capable as a #7. Just wish we hadn't extended Prout at like $2 Million for another season.

Hoping they play better tomorrow...I am going to the Brooklyn game so really hoping they play well in NY!

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Gotta love Torts and his honesty. I'm also really happy he actually didnt mention anything about Dalton Prout. There is just no way he can be a regular defenseman on this team, spot duty is fine.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Saad needs to sit for a game or two. He just hasn't had "it" since the Washington game. Call up Sonny and let him get some action and see where things go. Same goes for Wennberg, too. He's really struggling but we can't exactly afford taking him out of the lineup

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
Saad needs to sit for a game or two. He just hasn't had "it" since the Washington game. Call up Sonny and let him get some action and see where things go. Same goes for Wennberg, too. He's really struggling but we can't exactly afford taking him out of the lineup
I already like your requests for the roster changes. Just like this one:
I agree, should be Gagner sitting instead. Calvert is too important to the PK. I didn't realize until last night that we climbed back up into the top-10 in that department until last night
The guy who replaced Calvert scored the 1st goal and Gagner made a beautiful play to set up the 3rd. Maybe, just maybe, coaches know better who should play?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I already like your requests for the roster changes. Just like this one:

The guy who replaced Calvert scored the 1st goal and Gagner made a beautiful play to set up the 3rd. Maybe, just maybe, coaches know better who should play?

You can cherry pick my posts all you want, but you can't seriously tell me that Brandon Saad has looked remotely good over this last stretch of games - especially tonight.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Just forwarded through this game and missed the last one entirely (sounds like I didn't miss much).

Bob was imo the star of the game (again). A lesser goalie and this is a bad loss. Jackets were dominated in the 2nd- one of the worst periods of the year-- and in much of the 3rd. One thing that's a little concerning about this team over the past two weeks is that they are often just flat out getting outworked for the majority of games.

Not much out of the first line lately, either.

You take the win and move on, but the effort situation is one to watch.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I talked about this earlier in the season during the streak. How would the Jackets respond when all the other teams fighting for a play-off spot/position kicked up their play to a higher level? We are getting into that part of the season, and quite frankly, I don't think that the CBJ have responded well at all. And it will only get harder come late Feb, and March.

Yea, I hear some on here that the CBJ should be pounding the likes of Carolina and Ottawa, but these teams are fighting for their play-off lives, so from here on out, they are going to bring it, and the CBJ must be able to respond. They got lucky last night, and there is of course the Bob factor.

The thing about Prout is that the guy can play some decent hockey, but then he has a massive brain fart that leads to a goal. He plays fine, then commits a huge brainless turn-over that costs us a goal. The other thing about him is that he is not good at passing the puck out of danger. Thus, he tries to rim the puck around the boards far to often, and the opposing teams expect it from him. So there could be the oddball game where his boneheaded plays don't lead to a goal, he manages to get a couple of assists, and gets a star. Especially on a night when there were a whole lot of Jackets that played like ****.

Let's hope they get their act together tonight because if they don't it could get ugly. And of course another three games in four nights fiasco. Makes me crazy.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I talked about this earlier in the season during the streak. How would the Jackets respond when all the other teams fighting for a play-off spot/position kicked up their play to a higher level? We are getting into that part of the season, and quite frankly, I don't think that the CBJ have responded well at all. And it will only get harder come late Feb, and March.

Actually, the hardest part should be the next 5 games, all on the road. After that road trip, they will have 8 of 9 at home with 5 straight days off in the middle of that.

If they can get 5 points in the next 5 road games, they will be .500 in January. Then you have all the home games in February. Then in March, only 5 of the 15 games are against teams currently in the playoffs. They have three against Buffalo and 2 each against New Jersey and Philly. While all those teams are barely out of the playoff race now, by March they could all be waiting on the lottery.

Find a way these next 5 games to right the ship a little bit and then make hay in February at home,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad