Post-Game Talk: GAME #45 - Canucks 2 vs. Red Wings 1 (SO) - What Did The Sedins Do To NHL Refs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I hate to be negative after a win, but we did not deserve to win that game. I would have rather seen the boys play well and lose than win an ugly one like that. Oh well, hopefully they get up for Chicago on Monday.

Wings *really* seem to have our number this season. Tonight wasn't really different - regardless of the score. It happens.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Playoff spot clinched.. The rest of the season is gravy. No easy first rnd matchup.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Satisfying that one of the guys most villainized by officials in this league drives the dagger into a game where the officials were really screwing us. Attaboy, Max!

Nov 1, 2011
Won a game despite only 4 ES shots.

Good goaltending. I had this as guaranteed loss night (1st game back after a long trip + desperate opponent vs a basically home and cooled Canucks team + injuries) so any win is a pleasant surprise.

Glad I hedged my parlay to guarantee some profit tonight.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm happy for Schneider that he got that win. He's starting to be our Henrik Lundqvist; constantly winning games all by himself.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Not that it matters, but the Canucks had 8 ES shots. Not sure where everyone's getting that 4 shots from.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
don't worry guys they got 2 points from a gimmick despite getting outplayed all night, everything is all good again
I was going to comment on 2 of the 3 stars being Canucks. :laugh: The media, like the fans, seem to buy into the shootout myth hook, line and sinker.

All that said, even though I want to see Columbus in the playoffs, I'd rather Chicago get the toughest matchup possible, and that's probably Detroit.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Won a game despite only 4 ES shots.

Good goaltending. I had this as guaranteed loss night (1st game back after a long trip + desperate opponent vs a basically home and cooled Canucks team + injuries) so any win is a pleasant surprise.

Glad I hedged my parlay to guarantee some profit tonight.

:laugh: Don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Hard to argue with anything you said but its a big win. The Canucks have been on the other end and lost many of these types of games

Nah, when they lose these games it's against a backup and not one of the best goalies in the league (this season... and the next several years :D)

But really, it is happening too often. Good teams expose them, they get away with it against teams like Calgary.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
lol we need to re-sign Lapierre for a year I love how he trolls on the ice and lol Burrows during the interview. I think as soon as Bieksa/Higgins/Tanev are back we should be doing better.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So much to dislike about this game, I will just point out the very few instances that I liked.

- Weise's hit on Datsyuk and Edler's hit on Franzen were very gratifying.
- Lapierre's deke was amazing.
- Schneider was outstanding.
- Burrows had a really good game. Continues to be one of those guys that brings his lunch pail to every game; wish the rest of the team would follow suit.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
I really don't understand this team. They play crap and get outplayed and still win...............................

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Our offense is crap, we've been dominated this game, and I really see no reason to get excited about this team going into the playoffs. Unless our goaltending can steal some series for us we'll be out very early.

That's what Schneider does. Steals games.

Anyways, yeah tonight wasn't great, but I think our game was better than it would appear, ya low ES shots, but Detriot was great defensively, blocking shots, taking away lanes, exc.

Hopefully injuries will help us and I am sure the added intensity the playoffs bring will be good for us.

Hopefully AV can pull his head out of his *** in regards to PP choices, otherwise atleast we have Schneider who has been sensational.

Come on. Have you watched this game????

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
meh, aside from the gimmick we got outplayed, although I thought we did good in OT. Schneids stole this one. I thought Edler had a strong game imo and I am glad he's throwing his body around and making things happen (aside from the incident with Nyquist) and I though our PP for the most part was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad