GDT: Game 45: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks, 7pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Game sucked. I think I'm gonna take some time off from the Ducks, they're just so bad.

p.s. I had to watch to the Sharks feed. I forgot that those guys are actually pretty good and not annoying to listen to. They even made some jokes about their own team being bad.
As much as I dislike other Pacific division teams, I've always thought the Sharks PBP guy (Hahn) is one of the best out there.

Reactions: Yemeth and snowave

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Not surprising - he has zero consistency on his left and a play-killer on his right, so he's kinda trying anything that might work.
Yeah, he is such a team oriented player that he needs to be playing with other smart linemates with great tools. Id love him to play with someone that has great speed. He would feed them so well.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Terry has 3G 6A 9P in his last 10 games. 6G 9A 15P in his last 16 games. People are kinda complaining about him just to complain at this point.
He's been much better recently, but has had a poor season relative to expectations. Complaining has been justified for the most part.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He's been much better recently, but has had a poor season relative to expectations. Complaining has been justified for the most part.
Complaining was justified earlier in the season. It hasn’t been for about a month. People are still making the same complaints even though he’s actually effective now.

Reactions: Static

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He’s also not a solution to anything
He’s probably the reason that the loss wasn’t by a larger margin last night. He was paired with a guy who gets exposed on the 3rd pairing. There are games when it’s legitimate to come in and say he was bad, last night wasn’t that night. As I already posted, he wasn’t the reason any of those goals were scored, it was the other defensemen and forwards on the ice.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
He’s probably the reason that the loss wasn’t by a larger margin last night. He was paired with a guy who gets exposed on the 3rd pairing. There are games when it’s legitimate to come in and say he was bad, last not wasn’t that night. As I already posted, he wasn’t the reason any of those goals were scored, it was the other defensemen and forwards on the ice.
He's past his prime, sucking up a substantial salary, and seemingly always needs a better partner(according to his apologists). Trying to spin a -5 (I know +/- is mostly bogus) into a positive contribution is beyond my comprehension.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
He’s probably the reason that the loss wasn’t by a larger margin last night. He was paired with a guy who gets exposed on the 3rd pairing. There are games when it’s legitimate to come in and say he was bad, last night wasn’t that night. As I already posted, he wasn’t the reason any of those goals were scored, it was the other defensemen and forwards on the ice.
"+/- is such an awful stat."

"Fowler was a -5."

"What's wrong with Fowler? Get him out!"

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He's past his prime, sucking up a substantial salary, and seemingly always needs a better partner(according to his apologists). Trying to spin a -5 (I know +/- is mostly bogus) into a positive contribution is beyond my comprehension.
He’s a middle pairing guy, getting what’s currently a middle pairing salary on a team that has plenty of Cap space, who was paired with Lybushkin, who people complain is a liability as our #6, and is playing 5-6 minutes more than he should. All of that gets ignored by his detractors, because…reasons.

I didn’t say his -5 was a positive contribution. I said his actual play was a contribution. At a minimum, he prevented three goals against with the net open last night.

Here - watch the goals. Focus on Fowler. Put your money where your mouth is and explain how any of them he’s the issue as opposed to the other skaters, where he wasn’t where he was supposed to be and doing what he was supposed to do instead?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
"+/- is such an awful stat."

"Fowler was a -5."

"What's wrong with Fowler? Get him out!"
I didn’t actually mention his +/-…. I just don’t think he’s played well at all this year. Only person that mentioned +/- listed mctavish and Vatrano too

You guys project too much, you can’t possible watch fowler this year and think his play has been acceptable. Him and Gibson are just washed at this point

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I didn’t actually mention his +/-…. I just don’t think he’s played well at all this year.

You guys project too much, you can’t possible watch fowler this year and think his play has been acceptable. Him and Gibson are just washed at this point
I think his play was actually pretty good when having Drysdale allowed him to play about 20 minutes. He’s a zombie on skates at 25+. Again, he’s being played to much at the wrong slot with a partner who doesn’t belong there. And he can’t do it. Pretty much nobody disagrees with that.

That doesn’t mean that he’s not still a good asset with an appropriate partner, pairing, or minutes. Or that it’s appropriate to dump on him for other players’ failings.

edit - Gibson has also been pretty good recently, I’m not sure I have an issue with the goals against him last night aside from the 2nd one.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
He’s a middle pairing guy, getting what’s currently a middle pairing salary on a team that has plenty of Cap space, who was paired with Lybushkin, who people complain is a liability as our #6, and is playing 5-6 minutes more than he should. All of that gets ignored by his detractors, because…reasons.

I didn’t say his -5 was a positive contribution. I said his actual play was a contribution. At a minimum, he prevented three goals against with the net open last night.

Here - watch the goals. Focus on Fowler. Put your money where your mouth is and explain how any of them he’s the issue as opposed to the other skaters, where he wasn’t where he was supposed to be and doing what he was supposed to do instead?

I never said he was responsible for the 5 goals, so I don't need to watch the breakdown. You said he was the reason it wasn't worse. I interpret that as claiming a positive contribution. I'm not down on Fowler because of last night. I didn't like his deal when it was signed. People complain about the Ducks being soft and needing to ice a goon. How about looking at the softest player on the roster who is on the ice for the most time? We disagree on this and that's OK, you do a great job as his advocate, I will continue to criticize him when I think it's warranted.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I didn’t actually mention his +/-…. I just don’t think he’s played well at all this year.

almost the entire teams play has hardly been acceptable, just seems weird that certain players get called out more for it than others after every. single. game.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I never said he was responsible for the 5 goals, so I don't need to watch the breakdown. You said he was the reason it wasn't worse. I interpret that as claiming a positive contribution. I'm not down on Fowler because of last night. I didn't like his deal when it was signed. People complain about the Ducks being soft and needing to ice a goon. How about looking at the softest player on the roster who is on the ice for the most time? We disagree on this and that's OK, you do a great job as his advocate, I will continue to criticize him when I think it's warranted.
Watching the goals shows him actually doing positive things, which he was also doing the rest of the night. When your lead was his +/-, implying he wasn’t providing leadership, it’s also on you to prove what other reference your providing for saying that other than +/-.

edit - missed your post

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
almost the entire teams play has hardly been acceptable, just seems weird that certain players get called out more for it than others after every. single. game.

In fairness, Terry, Fowler, and Gibson make the big money (relatively speaking anyway) and with everyone on the shelf, there are like 5 guys (probably less) who I both care about who I think even have a remote shot to still be around when the competitive window opens and Henrique racking up counting stats for the deadline. Its grim, this season has sucked complete ass

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Watching the goals shows him actually doing positive things, which he was also doing the rest of the night. When your lead was his +/-, implying he wasn’t providing leadership, it’s also on you to prove what other reference your providing for saying that other than +/-.

edit - missed your post
It think his play has been uninspired and lazy at times. I think he's a liability along the boards and in the corners. He is poor at clearing the crease. He still skates well enough and is good at moving the puck up the ice and on the PP. His shot is rarely a threat and often blocked. I don't know about his leadership, but think it's telling that he was never named captain. Ideally he is a #2 who isn't killing penalties. But he is the Ducks de facto #1, so that is the only way we can evaluate him.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

I'm a Fowler fan, and think he's scapegoated too much by fans. However, that first goal is on him, and it's probably my biggest knock on him. That goal doesn't happen if he hits the net with the shot. Fowler is not good at getting shots on goal, and on that occasion, it burned the team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The ones that are supposed to be the “vet presence” will get less slack.

People hate on silf lubushkin killorn Henrique and strome a ton.

Gudas/Vatrano have been the only vets that have been consistent, Henrique’s been better recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino