GDT: Game 45: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks, 7pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think he’s a smart guy without much to work with, but the rhetoric doesn’t seem to match the results.
I don’t mind Cronin so far and don’t think he should be fired but it’s getting a little annoying how seemingly unwilling he is to trying new combos despite losing 24 out of the last 30.

Terry and McTavish have made some nice plays on the PP together, why not try it?
Put Henrique and Vatrano with Leo

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’m a Ranger fan but the overacting by Fox was embarrassing

Oops. Sorry bout that last post. Wrong thread haha

Reactions: Kalv

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Terry is this teams best player

Has his warts but man I have a hard time blaming him for much…
Really….I find him incredibly frustrating to watch. He loves to skate into traffic. Turns the puck over numerous times every game trying to stick handle through everybody. Tries to slow the game down when we should be pushing the pace.

He would be much more effective if he just simplified things. The end of today’s game was a perfect example. You don’t need to get a perfect shot. You just need to get the puck to the net and hope the net front guys can score an ugly one.

I actually don’t know who I would say is our best player, but I do know if I had to choose one to go between Carlsson, McTavish, and Terry….Troys out the door.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Was listening on tunein at the very end. Carroll said it was mctavish’s first goal since Jan 9th and made it sound like that was some super long period of time lol. It’s literally the same road trip still. Have always found Carroll to be (very) overrated by fans.

First goal or first point since Jan 9th? Before Mac's back injury and then going on IR, the longest he's gone without scoring a point was two games. Mac hasn't been the same despite being cleared to play medically. Four games without scoring a point for Mac is long when compared to pre-injury Mac this season.

Mac's goal this game wasn't his usual blister of a one-timer, but a well placed wrister. The Jan 9th goal was a backhand goal. He's shooting like he's running on fumes. Poor Mac is mostly broken, but not all broken.

Flower with a minus 5....whats wrong with him?

I wonder how many EN goals against has Fowler been on the ice this season. Feels like a lot.

Reactions: Yemeth

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I can't even find a gif to explain how low this feels.
I found a meme:

AO92epn.jpg

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
McTavish & Strome : -3
Vatrano (All Star): -4
Fowler: -5 (on ice for all goals)
The sad thing is you can’t fault Fowler on any of the goals.

Goal 1 - Fowler pushed forward, no forward covered for him, comedy ensued.
Goal 2 - Fowler tied up his man’s stick in the crease, Johnston didn’t cover his man who got the puck.
Goal 3 - Fowler covered the open wing, LaCombe…just sorta fell next to the puck carrier, Gibson needs to make a save
Goal 4 - Fowler tied up his man’s stick, puck shot in off McTavish.
Goal 5 - Fowler blocked the shot at the open net at the blue line, Vatrano took the wrong line and didn’t get to the missed shot.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
First goal or first point since Jan 9th? Before Mac's back injury and then going on IR, the longest he's gone without scoring a point was two games. Mac hasn't been the same despite being cleared to play medically. Four games without scoring a point for Mac is long when compared to pre-injury Mac this season.

Mac's goal this game wasn't his usual blister of a one-timer, but a well placed wrister. The Jan 9th goal was a backhand goal. He's shooting like he's running on fumes. Poor Mac is mostly broken, but not all broken.

I wonder how many EN goals against has Fowler been on the ice this season. Feels like a lot.
1705818189195.png

• Haha
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
How do you not find a way to put McTavish on the ice at the end? dude has an incredible shot and it finally lead to a goal and hes sitting on the bench for the final 2.

bozo coaching tonight.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I know he had the snipe of a goal, but McTavish has looked really bad lately. He can't maintain possession of a puck to save his life.

And I agree with others that Terry is incredibly frustrating. He's just got to shoot the puck.

Reactions: Kalv

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Gibby is not going any where this year or any other year. We will have him for the duration.

John
Yeah, a lot of people shit on Gibson over the years but were really off the mark.

This season he has been downright rotten. Even if the team is bad, there's no justifying getting distracted during play and yelling at the other team or yelling at the ref. This is the NHL not a beer league.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Idk why I woke up and finished the 2nd and 3rd

At least Henrique has kinda heated up before the deadline…

Are we allowed to say fowler and Gibson are just not good anymore

Last edited:

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Game sucked. I think I'm gonna take some time off from the Ducks, they're just so bad.

p.s. I had to watch to the Sharks feed. I forgot that those guys are actually pretty good and not annoying to listen to. They even made some jokes about their own team being bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad