GDT: Game 44: Ottawa at Columbus - Help a computer-less brother edition

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
During the streak, it was incredulous that the team was barely gaining ground, if at all, in the standings. Now, despite the standings remaining pretty much static, there's grave concern that the team is going to dramatically fall in the standings.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I just watched the first part of the game I missed last night. I don't see that much to worry about - the structure was good, the zone time was lopsided. It looked to me like execution was the only thing missing - some of the offensive zone passing has dropped off, a lot of pucks in the skates. I don't think Ottawa was that good at keeping the danger areas clear. They had a good number of blocks, but the Jackets just had a lot of near misses.

Same thing with my golf game...theory is good but...not sure all the rest matters when execution is missing.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
1979 Tampa Bay Bucs

Reporter: What do you think about the execution of your team?
John McKay: I'm all for it.

Reporter: "Well Coach, your team lost 31-3. What do you think went wrong?"
McKay: "Well, we didn't block. But we made up for it by not tackling."

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Also, I hate that he did it against our team, but Karlsson's pass to Turris was incredible. Not many people on the planet can zip that pass to that window. Now, our defense could've played Turris better, I think it was Prout that got burnt, which wouldn't have resulted in a goal, but sometimes you gotta recognize when the other team makes a great play.

Prout and Murray*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad