GDT: Game 43 1/17 7:37 PM - Claude returns to Causeway Street | NBCSN, SN, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 690 CKGM-AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Claude Julien only has ‘good things to say’ about his time in Boston

The Bruins will surely put up a video tribute on the scoreboard that will likely stir up some old emotions, just don’t expect those emotions to come from netminder Tuukka Rask.

“He was not playing a shift on the ice, so it doesn’t really matter. He was coaching, so it was nothing special,” said Rask, per NBC Sports Boston.

Julien admitted he hasn’t necessarily thought about the reaction he’ll get from Boston fans once he returns to TD Garden, but he hopes it’s a positive one. Even if he gets booed out of the building, he said that it won’t change the positive view he has of the city of its fans.
That line of questioning continued again after Tuesday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena with Julien coming back to the Garden for the first time.

“Well, I can tell you what’s going to happen,” said Rask. “We’re going to start the game, at some point there’s going to be a video montage, we’re going to tap our sticks and the crowd is going to clap their hands and give him a warm welcome. Then the game is going to continue.”

Does Rask expect either he or some of his longtime teammates will get emotional if they see Julien showing some emotion during his ovation?

“No,” said Rask.

Is it really that cut-and-dry, the Bruins goaltender was asked?

“It’s just another game,” said Rask, who improved to 8-15-3 lifetime against the Montreal Canadiens after last weekend’s shootout win. “It’s probably special for him to come back and be on the other side, but for us it’s just another game.”

Interesting.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Claude Julien returns -- where he ranks in Bruins history

claude_returns_1920x1080_1139025475771.jpg

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That line of questioning continued again after Tuesday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena with Julien coming back to the Garden for the first time.

“Well, I can tell you what’s going to happen,” said Rask. “We’re going to start the game, at some point there’s going to be a video montage, we’re going to tap our sticks and the crowd is going to clap their hands and give him a warm welcome. Then the game is going to continue.”

Does Rask expect either he or some of his longtime teammates will get emotional if they see Julien showing some emotion during his ovation?

“No,” said Rask.

Is it really that cut-and-dry, the Bruins goaltender was asked?

“It’s just another game,” said Rask, who improved to 8-15-3 lifetime against the Montreal Canadiens after last weekend’s shootout win. “It’s probably special for him to come back and be on the other side, but for us it’s just another game.”

Interesting.
Good. That's what I want to hear from the starting goalie.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

The Bruins will surely put up a video tribute on the scoreboard that will likely stir up some old emotions, just don’t expect those emotions to come from netminder Tuukka Rask.

“He was not playing a shift on the ice, so it doesn’t really matter. He was coaching, so it was nothing special,” said Rask, per NBC Sports Boston.

:laugh: classic tuukka. never change.

crush the scabs. where's the vachon cakes?

Reactions: sooshii

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
How long has McQuaid been cleared? I broke my fibula playing hockey on 11/2 and I was cleared by the doctor 2 weeks ago to start exercising and skating again. I'm going to give it a go this Friday in a game to see how it feels.

Anyway, have to hopefully catch this game on a plane tonight. I have to go to Austin for work. Keeping my fingers crossed that the airplane WiFi is good enough.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If they show a montage tribute to Claude, I hope someone can post it here afterwards.
Yes, please. I'm sure NBC will not care less about whether their viewers would want to see it.

I would also be interested in seeing the fight that breaks out if Ladyfan sees anyone booing Claude. :D

Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Haggs has been beating the drum in a couple tweets about Rask not being super emotional over Julien returning. Not sure why he thinks his reaction is such a big deal.

Haggs making up material again. If Tuukka was crying a river of tears into the press buffet, Haggs would call him an over emotional wreck (after bravely diving in to save the crab legs and shrimp puffs).

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Yes, please. I'm sure NBC will not care less about whether their viewers would want to see it.

I would also be interested in seeing the fight that breaks out if Ladyfan sees anyone booing Claude. :D
Sounds like she might be getting into it with Tuukka. Watch out for the milk crate LF!

Reactions: blazenlo

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Julien admitted he hasn’t necessarily thought about the reaction he’ll get from Boston fans once he returns to TD Garden, but he hopes it’s a positive one. Even if he gets booed out of the building, he said that it won’t change the positive view he has of the city of its fans.

Julien went to Thomas every single chance he could. I'm sure that sticks with Tuuk.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBC just ran a live simulation of tonight's game on Facebook

If this actually happened I would lock the board down for 12 hours..................YIKES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad